PDA

View Full Version : First Dance

Fluff
13-Jul-07, 21:16
In the spirit of the question threads, I ask you, what was the first song you and your new wedded partner danced to at your wedding?

i am such a sucker for romance :)

Innes
13-Jul-07, 23:31
I cant rember but I do rember that I was not very happy with the DJ`s choice, but it didnt realy matter as I was picking my pi**ed wife of 3 hours up off the dance floor and we are still together. true love knows no bounds.

paris
14-Jul-07, 07:49
To be honest i cant remember( 30 yrs ago now ) but i doubt it was anything slow and romantic as we had a bikers wedding and our dj was only alowed to play rock & roll , also him in doors had 3 left feet;) so he wouldnt of danced anyway !lol jan x

Lolabelle
14-Jul-07, 07:55
We had a morning wedding with a morning tea reception so we didn't have any dancing. But my sister and cousins sang Amazing Grace and "You're my best friend" The country singer Don Williams is the real singer, but the did a great job. Our first dance together, well i cant remember.

soccermom
14-Jul-07, 08:17
Sad to say I can't actually remember what music was playing but I had the time of my life (hubby did too I think) and we have the video to prove it - the kids' cringe when we go on a nostalgia trip!

poppett
14-Jul-07, 11:06
"Can I have this dance for the rest of my life?"

A waltz

Camel Spider
14-Jul-07, 12:36
Cant really remember but the words "What have I done" kept repeating over and over and over in my head ... :eek:

No longer with her .. :D

floyed
14-Jul-07, 12:43
I canna believe that no one remembers there wedding song they danced to. I thought it was something you took a lot of time over to decide your special song. I'm not married yet but i hope i will remember mine 20 30 years down the line.:Razz

Camel Spider
14-Jul-07, 12:45
I canna believe that no one remembers there wedding song they danced to. I thought it was something you took a lot of time over to decide your special song. I'm not married yet but i hope i will remember mine 20 30 years down the line.:Razz

The Birdie Song .. Go On I dare you .. :eek:

bluelady
14-Jul-07, 15:53
Mine was "Our song", by Freddi Brek, it was 30 years ago this coming September

Jeemag_USA
14-Jul-07, 16:00
Can't remember the song but it was to the band "After Hours" in the Park Hotel.

obiron
14-Jul-07, 16:43
though we didnt have a proper day wedding as such and had a dance on the saturday night we first danced to sonnet by verve. i wanted the drugs dont work but hubby didnt think it was very appropriate. either that or set u free by n-trance was another one we liked.

the charlatans
14-Jul-07, 17:26
geez you lot aren't very romantic are you?

i can remember what we had. After signing the registry we had The Charlatans - One to Another, and then Elvis dulcet tones to I Can't Help Falling in Love With You.

(Mr Charlatans canny dance very well mind and it was a long 3 minutes with everyone gawping but it was still very romantic. i'd insert a dreamy smiley here but i canny find it).

BRIE
14-Jul-07, 17:32
mine was rod stewart "have I told you lately".

laguna2
14-Jul-07, 18:20
Sailor, stop your wandering ... honest!!!!

karia
14-Jul-07, 21:23
hello!

What a lot of happy marriages we have here on the Org.!;):lol:

Just proves statistics don't take the 'caithnessian factor, into account!

Karia

johno
14-Jul-07, 21:44
some kinda wedding waltz . the band was the newmen [later renamed remix]
as they were all our friends. 2nd dance was Sonny & Cher,s I got you babe.
GOD, that was a long long time ago....:eek: :lol:

horseman
15-Jul-07, 02:39
Mine's is far to far away to remember, but I will never forget it.;)