PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsible backyard breeders

corgiman
13-Jul-07, 20:22
I have just come across this clip and was horrified to see the results of how badly things can go wrong when people just want to make fast money from breeding dogs
http://wpi.clipsyndicate.com/publish/index/327838

justine
15-Jul-07, 22:12
tHAT IS SO CRUEL.I dont think that they can possibly have a good life.....

corgiman
15-Jul-07, 23:00
that's the sickening end result of a breed becoming the IN thing, every tom dick and harry is breeding these animals with no breeding experience as they know they can sell them for huge money, the minimum cost of a chihuahua pup these days is £800 so you get people just pumping them out with no thought for the animals health and well being and when they get an accident they just dump it on someone else and continue like it never happened. :mad:

porshiepoo
16-Jul-07, 10:38
tHAT IS SO CRUEL.I dont think that they can possibly have a good life.....

Hmmmmmmmm! There is no doubt that the breeder has been irresponsible and cruel, however, maybe the pups could have a good life??

My initial thought was euthanasia (for the best interests of the pups) but we wouldn't be so blase if a human being lost two legs would we! Maybe the fact that animal euthanasia is readily available and acceptable makes us less sympathetic to the plight and how we can help to remedy it?

I believe they are making cradles for the dogs? Perhaps this will help them to get around as near to normal as possible and if so, then there is no reason to believe that they cannot have a good life?

It's breeders like this that should be prevented from having animals of any kind. [evil]

corgiman
16-Jul-07, 10:50
I absolutely agree and I know of a chihuahua that lived normally after breaking his back and had a type of cart made for his back legs so it may well work but the breeder in my mind is absolutely beneath contempt :mad: