PDA

View Full Version : Thoughtful Gifts

brokencross
13-Jul-07, 16:39
Not a very macho post for a chap but here goes anyway.

My twin daughters celebrated their 21st birthdays way back in April. What has struck and impressed me was how thoughtful their friends were with the presents. They got lots of "joke/fun" stuff but the main presents were really good.

In the middle of June they went to see Muse at the new Wembley, tickets gifted by a couple of boy pals. (Knew the type of music they like)

Last night they went to the Sunderland Empire to see the infamous Russell Brand in concert, tickets from a few girls who knew their taste in humour.

This Sunday they are off to the athletics in Sheffield to see the Norwich Union British Grand Prix, another of their interests, from others in their circle of friends. (hope rain stops)

I suppose the only downside is having to pay for travel, but what the heck.

So not only were the gifts thoughtful and personal, the "birthday" is spread out and not all over on the day.

Any of you Orgers had really thoughtful gifts (or extremely naff ones)

paris
13-Jul-07, 16:53
I usually get naff presents now like a new washing machine or a hoover but a few ago hubby was really sweet and got me a horse, an x hunter, then one year i got a macaw parrot, then another year i got a 4x4 , so he obviously appreciated me more a few years ago than he does now! LOL jan x:lol:

Victoria
13-Jul-07, 19:17
For my 21st a group of my friends got together and bought me an expensive buddha statue that I had my eye on for ages and they knew that I would never have the cash to splash out and get it for myself.

being the jokey group of mates that we are (girls and guys) I was really touched by their thoughtfulness. Now when ever i look at it it reminds me of them all.

for another one of my friends 21st we all grouped together and bought her a Tiffany necklace.

I'd much rather have one really thoughtfull pressie from a group of pals that have joined together and got it - it shows that they are all thinking of you.

awwwwww - big hugs everybody!

karia
13-Jul-07, 19:32
Hi Folks,

My OH has bought me some lovely,..and some dreadful pressies!

BUT,...whenever we are apart, even for a few hours, he brings me back something nice,..be it a fridge magnet or a bath blaster!

Aw!!

Karia