PDA

View Full Version : Morning Cuppa

Lolabelle
13-Jul-07, 03:21
Do you like a cup of coffee or tea first thing? Decaf or not.
I like a coffee, and it has to be brewed, can't drink instant. I would rather have hot water.
And then I have tea the rest of the day.

Camel Spider
13-Jul-07, 03:36
Have just made a cup of Tea now, cant sleep after two weeks of working nights. The other half keeps trying to get me to try some Herbal Tea. I am probably being a typical bloke but for me thats one step away from wearing a dufflecoat and bcoming an activist of some sort.

However if anyone has any recommendations I would be grateful.

Lolabelle
13-Jul-07, 03:41
I quite like herbal teas camelspider,but if you can't sleep, I would take some valerian. A herbal sleeping tonic. Works for me.

Sporran
13-Jul-07, 03:50
I like brewed coffee first thing in the morning - the stronger, the better!!! I am a "night owl" rather than a "morning lark", and I need that jolt of caffeine to jump start me for the day! :lol: Our family got used to European coffee whilst living on the Continent, and we have found a nice Italian one over here that we like. If that's not available, we go for a Puerto Rican expresso, instead.

BTW, I like your blue rose avatar, Lolabelle. You've got good taste, like someone I know! ;)

Camel Spider
13-Jul-07, 03:56
I quite like herbal teas camelspider,but if you can't sleep, I would take some valerian. A herbal sleeping tonic. Works for me.

Thanks .. I will go and get some today.

Dadie
13-Jul-07, 08:29
it thas to be tea.. preferably made in the teapot in a large mug with milk

squidge
13-Jul-07, 09:27
It has to be tea - happy for it to be made in the mug but weak with lots of milk - baby tea by partners mother calls it

Angela
13-Jul-07, 09:52
Tea with plenty of milk first thing....but by mid-morning I need a good jolt of brewed caffeine -rich coffee! :roll:

Julia
13-Jul-07, 09:57
Usually strong coffee but my favourite is earl grey tea and leaving the tea bag in too, tastes better that way.

mr do dar
13-Jul-07, 10:03
If i dont drink coffe on a morning i will not wake up properly all day . i need about 2 or 3 coffees to get me really going . plus if i dont have coffee im really moody lol

Jill
13-Jul-07, 10:06
I am definitely a tea person - I like it weak and milky too (husband usually refers to it as rat's p*ss :roll:). Love Earl Grey tea too but for some reason never drink it at home, only when in a cafe!

floyed
13-Jul-07, 10:49
I don't like any i just drink green tea:)

crashbandicoot1979
13-Jul-07, 11:15
I don't like any i just drink green tea:)

I like green tea too. Will very occasionally have a coffee but I much prefer green tea and herbal teas.

gollach
13-Jul-07, 13:27
Do you like a cup of coffee or tea first thing? Decaf or not.
I like a coffee, and it has to be brewed, can't drink instant. I would rather have hot water.
And then I have tea the rest of the day.

I am exactly the same, Lolabelle! The tea has to be strong and made in a teapot.

karia
13-Jul-07, 13:33
Hi Folks,

First thing, it has to be a mug of hot water, cleanses the system!:eek:

Rest of the day, I'm not such a purist,tea,coffee,wine,gin,..they're all welcome.:)

Karia

Angela
13-Jul-07, 13:45
Love Earl Grey tea too but for some reason never drink it at home, only when in a cafe!

Me too -and only in the afternoon! :roll: ...or decaff cappuccino which I don't have at home either, but do like in a cafe...I think because they qualify as wee treats?

No caffeine after tea-time though, or I don't sleep... :eek:

Angela
13-Jul-07, 13:50
Hi Folks,

First thing, it has to be a mug of hot water, cleanses the system!

Rest of the day, I'm not such a purist,tea,coffee,wine,gin,..they're all welcome.

Karia

Do you have lemon in the hot water Karia? or do you save that for the gin??? ;) [lol]

karia
13-Jul-07, 13:51
[quote=Angela;241191
No caffeine after tea-time though, or I don't sleep... :eek:[/quote]

Hi Angela,

I'm caffeine sensitive too!

I love an espresso after a meal but more than that & I'm a shaking, gibbering
wreck, same with cola!:roll:

Karia

karia
13-Jul-07, 13:55
Do you have lemon in the hot water Karia? or do you save that for the gin??? ;)

Gotta be LIME in a G&T Angela! :roll:

Karia

NickInTheNorth
13-Jul-07, 14:01
I'm a tea man mostly now, but it has got to be STRONG. Don't care if it is tea pot or made in the mug. I have a big mug, and often will dip the tea bag in Jill's wee mug of hot water so hers is pathetically weak then add it to mine to brew for a few minutes. Finish off with a couple of drops of milk (literally a couple of drops!)

I don't often drink either tea or coffee in the evening.

The only time I tend to drink coffee now is when working on the computer, when I can happily get through two or three pints of very strong black coffee in a morning or afternoon. I think that is just habit from my old days as a code jockey when I existed on coffee, crisps and some very occasional sleep.

karia
13-Jul-07, 14:12
OH yes, important point I forgot until reading Nick's post.

No milk or sugar in tea or coffee, ever,...and absolutely no cream![disgust]

Karia

Margaret M.
13-Jul-07, 14:13
Tea, fairly weak with a dash of soy milk. I drink hot or iced tea throughout the day -- green, white, black, red, I love 'em all.

Angela
13-Jul-07, 14:36
Are there any other Orgers who, like me, have different mugs for coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc - or maybe I'm just incredibly over-fussy and very odd? :confused :eek:

Elenna
13-Jul-07, 15:02
None of the above for me, thanks! Though I do enjoy different herbal teas occasionally, when desired or needed, I don't have a regular 'morning cuppa' of any sort...nor daytime, nor bedtime, for that matter.

karia
13-Jul-07, 15:03
Sorry Angela, You're just incredibly over-fussy and very odd!:)

But you knew I was going to say that.;)

Hugs.

Karia

cuddlepop
13-Jul-07, 15:45
Are there any other Orgers who, like me, have different mugs for coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc - or maybe I'm just incredibly over-fussy and very odd? :confused :eek:
No Angela I too have a big mug for my tea,another one for coffee and a special one for my horlicks at bedtime.

Somehow it tastes different if i use other mugs.

Just love my tea with milk,anytime anyplace anywhere lol

sorghaghtanibeki
13-Jul-07, 17:45
best for tea; put much tea into teapot, pour on little water to make it very thick like oil. this is 'zavarka', then pour this into each glass or cup, 10;1 only a centimetre?. and up fill with boiling water, a slice of lemon and sugar

Julia
13-Jul-07, 17:47

Tea definitely tastes better from a china mug, any mug will do for coffee, I'm really fussy too LOL I hate milky tea or coffee

Foxy
13-Jul-07, 21:40
It has to be tea made in a mug with plenty of milk for me in the morning. :)

Bobinovich
13-Jul-07, 21:56
Has to be a nice cup or rosy for me & the missus - kids beware until we get our first one of the day 'cos we're ogres until it's done!

We'll have anywhere up to 7 or 8 teas in a day but the occasional coffee (Nescafe Blend 37 hits the spot) for a change.

I'm partial to the occasional brewed coffee, or earl or lady grey tea, if a customer offers though!

Innes
13-Jul-07, 22:29
A nice cup of Assam in the morning, Earl Grey when I come home from work and as for coffee I do like a large espresso but it makes me a bit sleepy but I dont know why.I cant stand Tetley tea and instant coffee is only pallatable when it has a large measure (or two) of whisky in it.:rolleyes:

karia
14-Jul-07, 14:25
A nice cup of Assam in the morning, Earl Grey when I come home from work and as for coffee I do like a large espresso but it makes me a bit sleepy but I dont know why.I cant stand Tetley tea and instant coffee is only pallatable when it has a large measure (or two) of whisky in it.:rolleyes:

So you're easy pleased then Innes!;)

Karia

Innes
18-Jul-07, 21:42
Must be have you seen the wife ?

karia
18-Jul-07, 21:58
Must be have you seen the wife ?

OOhh,..!

I know that you love that woman, I have heard it in your posts!

Catch her quick, she might still be looking for a taxi! ;)

Karia

Innes
18-Jul-07, 22:05
I do indeed, we have never met but you know me so well:D

Anne x
19-Jul-07, 00:38
black strong coffee no sugar and very long , followed by another then thats the caffeine for the day :lol:

Ash
19-Jul-07, 09:42
my dad is tea mad, well him and his mum and they ALWAYS drink tea out of a pyrex cup, so i bought one for my house, he even took his cup with him when we went to embo the other week..........:lol: