PDA

View Full Version : Portmahomack Festival this weekend!

Jeemag_USA
11-Jul-07, 18:03
PORTMAHOMACK CELTIC MUSIC FESTIVAL July 13/14/15
July, 13 2007 at PORTMAHOMACK CELTIC MUSIC FESTIVAL 2007
Caledonian Hotel - Main Street - Portmahomack

13th 14th & 15th July starting 8.00pm Friday night. Bands include Uncle Rocket - Storm Chasers - Howlin Gaels - The Lorelei, Jimmy & the Moonshiners - Martin Stephenson - Stevie 'Wonderful' Smith - Scot MacDonald - Galipayagos and many more. Food & snacks available all weekend and informal camping on the shore line.
01862 871345

For anyone interested in going down you can catch the awesome Martin Stephenson, an awesome talent that I have been listening to fo years since he released his first album with the Daintees. Also our very own Howlin' Gaels will be there.

Good luck to the Gaels!! Should be an ace weekend, if your not doing anything take a drive on down!!

PS if anyone from the Org is going down for this, I would really appreciate it if someone could get some photos of the Gaels so I can use them for the website :)

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jul-07, 19:04
Dinnae mean to wee-wee on your chips, Jeemag, but as a close follower of Celtic music, I don't see many 'Celtic' bands on the list there. Shurely shum mistake, no?

Jeemag_USA
11-Jul-07, 20:32
Dinnae mean to wee-wee on your chips, Jeemag, but as a close follower of Celtic music, I don't see many 'Celtic' bands on the list there. Shurely shum mistake, no?

No ma chips so I dinnae care, as long as their is music fun and Celtic poeple who cares ;)

Gaels are playing on Friday night and Martin Stephenson is playing on Sunday.

And Donnie's got a new hat, express post all the way from the USA, the very one in this photo, you can't get more Celtic than that!!

http://file036a.bebo.com/11/large/2007/06/15/22/2055488899a4694047441l.jpg

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jul-07, 20:38
I guess we're all Celts at the end of the day ;-)

Jeemag_USA
11-Jul-07, 20:41
I guess we're all Celts at the end of the day ;-)

There will be bacon sandwiches and several bearded men, so that kind of keeps the authenticity flowing! Actually not all bands are advertised, there will be events going on around the town and sure there will be fiddles and pipers and raping and pillaging of women going on somewhere. And if anyone feels like it they can paint their face :Razz

Deemac
15-Jul-07, 02:25
Shucks . . Just back from Loch Inver . . . (missed it ALL)

Nice belters from BOTH camps (mildly amusing)!!

Genetically, where ALL just a couple of cromosomes from the frogs after all!! Keep it clean chaps (there may be children watching!!);)