PDA

View Full Version : Are the school holidays driving you nuts yet??

Lindsay
11-Jul-07, 15:36
Just a short note to see if I am the only parent on the planet being driven nuts by my two darling children............................roll on August!!!

Ash
11-Jul-07, 15:41
haha! my wee girl is only 3 and normally goes to nursery in afternoons, and there is nothing to do!!!!! she keeps asking when she goes back to nusery and she is only 3, dread to imagine what yours are like lol! :lol:

Lindsay
11-Jul-07, 15:49
Hi There,

You`re right there is nothing to do, well nothing that a small bank loan wouldn`t fix. The weather has been rubbish too and that doesn`t help. I find myself dreading getting up in the morning as its sooo hard finding entertainment for the day.

Ash
11-Jul-07, 15:59
i know tell me about it, i feel bad cause i let her watch tv more than i should, but last night we took her and the dog out for a long walk, and typical caithness weather it rains! now we both starting with colds![disgust]

karia
11-Jul-07, 16:11
Hi Folks,

I'm not a parent but today in our M&S there were loads of kids getting bought their ' Back to School' stuff.
They all looked thoroughly miserable and I can see their point, they've barely got out the school gates for the summer. Add to that that it's a lovely day and they were being stuffed into anoraks and sweaters.:roll:

Why would you want to buy your kids school stuff this early?

Karia

Lindsay
11-Jul-07, 16:23
I must admit I have bought all my kids stuff for going back to school but thats only because Tesco had a buy 2 get your 3rd free the day I happened to be in shopping.

corgiman
11-Jul-07, 16:27
ours was done in Inverness on the 1st day of the holidays

karia
11-Jul-07, 16:55
Hi,

I suppose it gets it over with but isn't there a danger of a 'growth spurt'?

When I was a kid there used to be a day that must have been agreed by all the parents and we were 'mass kidnapped' off the streets and playparks and
'relocated' to the local draper who had a conveyer belt for dropping us all into
'one size too large ' Barathea Blazers.;):)

Karia

vcm108
11-Jul-07, 17:16
Hi there. Like you, when my three were young I longed for school to start again. Now my elder daughter has turned 17 and I wonder where the time has gone!

Angela
11-Jul-07, 17:16
Hi,

I suppose it gets it over with but isn't there a danger of a 'growth spurt'?

When I was a kid there used to be a day that must have been agreed by all the parents and we were 'mass kidnapped' off the streets and playparks and
'relocated' to the local draper who had a conveyer belt for dropping us all into
'one size too large ' Barathea Blazers.

Karia

Only one size too large? You were lucky, Karia! ;)

No sooner had my blazer reached that comfortable just -right point when I'd grow out of it and once more be drowned in an enormous new one that felt like cardboard and was at least two sizes too big to allow "room for growth"...[evil] Bah!

karia
11-Jul-07, 17:57
Only one size too large? You were lucky, Karia!

No sooner had my blazer reached that comfortable just -right point when I'd grow out of it and once more be drowned in an enormous new one that felt like cardboard and was at least two sizes too big to allow "room for growth"... Bah!

Hi Angela,

I Know,...and they stupidly thought we'd get over such slights and forgive them!;),...and now we're the hands that operate the Stanna stairlift!:)

Karia

Angela
11-Jul-07, 18:08
Hi Angela,

I Know,...and they stupidly thought we'd get over such slights and forgive them!...and now we're the hands that operate the Stanna stairlift!

Karia

That's true! Trouble is my own kids seem to have memories like elephants when it comes to things I cruelly forced them to do twenty odd years ago! Or so they say...:roll: [lol]

justine
11-Jul-07, 18:11
hi.....YES.YES.YES......They are driving me totally insane but then i suppose i get used to it..The kids are bored and cant wait for the holidays to be over.I think it will turn out to be longer for them than me.....I just wish the weather would lighten up for them so they can get out more.Being in the house is driving them nuts aswell........:lol:

karia
11-Jul-07, 18:18
Hi Angela,

Oh yes, I keep telling my mum that there's a statute of limitations on all crimes,..even daughter related ones!:)

All to no avail!:roll:

Karia

NickInTheNorth
11-Jul-07, 19:06
no, so far life is good. The kids went to "The Light Factory" last week, monday to friday and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We're trying to ensure we go swimming two or three times a week which they enjoy.

My younger daughter went to a "Music and Movement" session this morning at the High School and the older one went to the library.

In between times walks, DVD's, PC and PS2 games and anything else we find to do.

karia
11-Jul-07, 19:57
Hi Nick,

Do they still do 'music & movement' classes, there's a blast from the past!:)

Karia

obiron
11-Jul-07, 20:03
not been too bad in our house. general fighting but not too bad yet. noticed my pair have been drawing a lot.

Angela
11-Jul-07, 20:05
Hi Nick,

Do they still do 'music & movement' classes, there's a blast from the past!

Karia

I'd think it must have changed just a tad, Karia.;)

We used to do the movement part standing beside our desks while the music emerged from the "wireless"....My word, that was an exciting point in the week ...! :roll:

karia
11-Jul-07, 20:16
Angela,

you had 'wire less' technology?

You're so much younger than I thought!:roll:

Breaker, Breaker, ten four,;) !

karia

DarkAngel
11-Jul-07, 20:31
My little boy is only 1 so im used to having him home lol! Cant imagine what its like for you Justine you have got 8 kids and the weather past few days has been quite poor..You must be a super mom!!!:lol:

sassylass
11-Jul-07, 21:57
Just a short note to see if I am the only parent on the planet being driven nuts by my two darling children............................roll on August!!!

Viewed from a different perspective, I am enjoying every minute of my summer hols! As much as I like my job and love children, summer is a much needed break and it cannot last too long for me [lol]

homer
11-Jul-07, 22:06
tell me about it....my kids are alredy complaining they are bored!

Tristan
11-Jul-07, 22:13
Viewed from a different perspective, I am enjoying every minute of my summer hols! As much as I like my job and love children, summer is a much needed break and it cannot last too long for me [lol]

Perhaps all parents should remember this the next time they want to complain about the teachers or the school. :lol:

dirdyweeker
11-Jul-07, 23:07
Absolutely love the holidays....no routine, no early nights, no homework, lots of long lies and tomorrow we are off camping!:cool:
Haven't got the 'back to school wear' yet....it can wait!

NickInTheNorth
12-Jul-07, 08:17
Hi Nick,

Do they still do 'music & movement' classes, there's a blast from the past!:)

Karia

That was exactly what I thought when I saw it on the list of activities, still she seemed to enjoy herself :)

Sandra_B
12-Jul-07, 09:48
Still enjoying the holidays here. Kids are staying up late (they're still sleeping and it's 10.35 in the morning. Time to myself) we're getting out as often as possible, even though the weather is awful, we went to Legoland, in the rain, last week, no queues :lol

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-07, 18:58
We are enjoying the holidays. Kids have been baking ,camping in the garden ,(yes even in the rain ) had a few barbeques, gone to the loch a walk and the oldest has even joined the gym.

I love the holidays even with all the kids home and under my feet. I am all to aware that before I know it they will be gone and leading lives of their own and no more holidays. :D

In two weeks time we are off to England when we return I will maybe think about school uniforms.

Lindsay
13-Jul-07, 16:50
Hi To all that have been replying.

Well its the Latheron Show tomorrow so at least that takes up one day in the holidays, the only problem is it costs more for a family of four to walk in than having a car with five people in it............where is the sense in that??

Anyone with any ideas on how to keep a 6yr old and nearly 5yr old happy please let me know.........all ideas gratefully recieved.
Lindsay

oldmarine
14-Jul-07, 04:52
Happy that all my children are grown. Now I can spoil my grandchildren and let my children take care of the problems.

htwood
14-Jul-07, 06:43
maybe I'm getting owld and soft in the heed, but what I would give to have my 3 girls home for school hols again, taking them swimming and having picnics in the garden.
*touches head* yep, goin soft.

seren
14-Jul-07, 07:03
it's another week and a half until the holidays start down here in england. i love not having to get up so early in the morning so i'm looking forward to them starting :)

paris
14-Jul-07, 07:54
Grandson whos 7 and lives with us breaks up on the 20th july, yes im looking forward to the " no rushing about in the mornings " but im dreading it ! No peace for me in the day, it will be nanny this and nanny that, can we this and can we that , roll on 6th sep when he goes back. jan x:lol:

soccermom
14-Jul-07, 08:09
According to another thread, Caithness is getting its one day of summer tomorrow! My son's going camping with his mates - been planning it for weeks so hopefully the prediction comes true but I've got a feeling they'll be very wet (according to one of the weather forecasts I saw). The other kids can't wait for Harry Potter to be published so that'll kill a couple of days of the hols! Bring on August...