PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park

Snarfer
10-Jul-07, 20:15
Went too T in the park at the weekend. What an adventure is was amazing I think the Killers were top for me but closely followed by Snow Patrol. other band I managed to see were Sissor Sisters, Fratellis, Paulo Nutini, Arcade Fire, The Skids, Kings of Leon, The Saw Doctors and Razorlight. There were just to many great bands.

~~Tides~~
11-Jul-07, 12:45
It wasn't nearly as bad as all the papers were making out. There were only a few showers on Friday, and thats when the problems were, but it had more or less dried up by Saturday afternoon.

roblovesplastic
11-Jul-07, 17:14
It wasn't nearly as bad as all the papers were making out. There were only a few showers on Friday, and thats when the problems were, but it had more or less dried up by Saturday afternoon.

I couldn't make it this year so please spill.

what were bloc party like and the amonkeys as well on the friday?

i have seen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tinthepark/

but no crowd banter or that as its all edited.

Rob
(bloc fan)

Snarfer
11-Jul-07, 19:04
Wanted to see Artic Monkeys but did not get into the campsite until about 2am on the Saturday because of the delays. We sat on the Motorway for 2 hours and then found that Junction 7 was closed the Police were just waving on the cars we had no idea where to go. We ended up in a place called Keilty and managed to get to Kinross from there. Where a policeman told us to go home and catch a bus. We hung around the service station until 11:30 when we heard that some carparks had been opened then we joined a que of cars about 2mile long. when we got parked we were told that parking was now free because of the trouble. Yippee we saved £12. It took 6 hours to get the 12miles from perth. The rest of the weekend was fantastic though and well worth the trouble. The campsite was very muddy when we arrived and had to pitch our tent in mud glad we had an air bed don't think I could have slept with all the squelchy mud beneth the tent.

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jul-07, 19:06
My first time away from T last weekend and it was peaceful bliss.

DarkAngel
11-Jul-07, 21:47
Aww..lucky you...I LOVE The Kings Of Leon!!!!! Im so jealous!!!

foreveruntitled
11-Jul-07, 22:05
Kings of Leon were brilliant but the highlight of the weekend was a band called sergeant from glenrothes, check them out if you havent heard of them -www.myspace.com/sergeantmusic

day old blues
11-Jul-07, 22:32
yeh Sergeant were very good amazing up and coming band and im so glad i can say ive seen them twice bloc party and arctic monkeys were both amzing aswell , but a personal favourite was jack penate he was amazing or so i thought so many good bands , bring on next year does anyone else have a ticket to next years event?

WeeBurd
11-Jul-07, 22:58
Went too T in the park at the weekend. What an adventure is was amazing I think the Killers were top for me but closely followed by Snow Patrol. other band I managed to see were Sissor Sisters, Fratellis, Paulo Nutini, Arcade Fire, The Skids, Kings of Leon, The Saw Doctors and Razorlight. There were just to many great bands.

I'm completely jealous, Snarfer! I think I'm getting too old for this festival lark, sadly :D. But hubby has bought me tickets for The Verve at the Carling Academy in November - a bit more civilised without the mud and tents me thinks!

connieb19
11-Jul-07, 23:03
I'm completely jealous, Snarfer! I think I'm getting too old for this festival lark, sadly :D. But hubby has bought me tickets for The Verve at the Carling Academy in November - a bit more civilised without the mud and tents me thinks!
I fancied T in the park but it's far too muddy for the hi tecs and bleaches. [para]

Jeemag_USA
11-Jul-07, 23:04

What you got to be jealous about, I'd give up T in the Park tickets to see The Verve anyday of the century!!

PS I was at the second ever Balado T with Justyn Bridge, if I mind I'll scan some pics. I remember watching Reef, Kula Shaker, Echobelly, Gun, Texas and Shed Seven, there was a lot more but I was very drunk at the time! [lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jul-07, 23:17
What you got to be jealous about, I'd give up T in the Park tickets to see The Verve anyday of the century!!

PS I was at the second ever Balado T with Justyn Bridge, if I mind I'll scan some pics. I remember watching Reef, Kula Shaker, Echobelly, Gun, Texas and Shed Seven, there was a lot more but I was very drunk at the time! [lol]

Where are those bands now I wonder? Think half of them came install my new kitchen. As for The Verve, well, they're another obvious reunion. Ashcroft's solo career is up the creak and justifiably so. They possibly need the money, as well. The last half-decent record they did was in 1995: a long time ago. Any new material - and I doubt there will be any - would be a repitition of 'Urban Hymns'. File under N for Nostalgia: it gets younger every year.

WeeBurd
11-Jul-07, 23:19

PS I was at the second ever Balado T with Justyn Bridge, if I mind I'll scan some pics. I remember watching Reef, Kula Shaker, Echobelly, Gun, Texas and Shed Seven, there was a lot more but I was very drunk at the time!

Yay, good times!!! Big shout to Justy at the other side of the world - coooeeeeeeee! I'm sure I saw Echobelly, Kula Shaker and Reef too - I think it was the first time it was at Baladoo? Loved Mogwai, Urusei Yatsura, Kenickie, the memory is dawing a blank now...The Charlatans were headlining though. I'm just not into the mud & camping thing - I'm a lady you know. However, I too was very, very, very drunk :lol:!

WeeBurd
11-Jul-07, 23:24
Where are those bands now I wonder? Think half of them came install my new kitchen. As for The Verve, well, they're another obvious reunion. Ashcroft's solo career is up the creak and justifiably so. They possibly need the money, as well. The last half-decent record they did was in 1995: a long time ago. Any new material - and I doubt there will be any - would be a repitition of 'Urban Hymns'. File under N for Nostalgia: it gets younger every year.

You're right Pepsi, it is all about nostalgia. I've loved them since a Northern Soul, and have never seen them live, so the re-union was announced, and MrBurd and I thought we'd go a look. Ahhh, Urban Hymns, the soundtrack to wur courtship[lol]!

Snarfer
11-Jul-07, 23:31
The First time I went to Balado was in 1997 Pulp headlined I saw Garbage, Ian Brown and was throwin out a tent by a large bouncer when Natalie Imbrogliooglia was playing just as well garbage were better. It was just a one day ticket I had camped in the back garden of the auntie of a friend of a friend.

Snarfer
11-Jul-07, 23:34
You're right Pepsi, it is all about nostalgia. I've loved them since a Northern Soul, and have never seen them live, so the re-union was announced, and MrBurd and I thought we'd go a look. Ahhh, Urban Hymns, the soundtrack to wur courtship[lol]!

My Wife saw there last gig at V98, She was very disapointed thought they were rubbish.

WeeBurd
11-Jul-07, 23:40
I fancied T in the park but it's far too muddy for the hi tecs and bleaches.

I see your point Connie, but at least thebrown leather bomber is a practical colour, and keeps the rain off :lol:...

My Wife saw there last gig at V98, She was very disapointed thought they were rubbish.

Ahhh, Ashcroft disappeared up his own bum didn't he? I'm hoping, like the rest of us, he's grown older and wiser in the last 10 years :confused.

Jeemag_USA
11-Jul-07, 23:43

Your always full of positive vibes and good things to say aren't you, I am going to start calling you Bad News Barry for want of something i am allowed to type on the org [lol]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I couldn't care if Ashcroft and The Verve went back to working in McDonalds after the gig, I'd still want to see it because they appeal a lot to me and thats the most important thing not what anyone else thinks ;)

PS you'd also be surprised with some of those bands, Shed Seven still have a cult following, even here in the States there is a bit of a revival of their music amongst the young kids here. And as for Reef, they were always and will always be class, some of the best rock songs ever produced.

Jeemag_USA
11-Jul-07, 23:51

Sounds like we were at the same one Weeburd cause I saw the Charlatans too, I think that was actually the second one in 1998, see Snarfers post for 1997. But I could be wrong, I am getting so old I cannot even remember what year it was I went, I remember enjoying Bjorn Again, the Abba tribute band and also remember a short but very heavy downpour at one point, we ducked into the local talent tent along with about 300 other people and scared the life out of a local bar band who were playing to about five before the rain started, they got stage fright and start twiddling their guitar knobs and saying their ampos were not working until the rain stopped and the tent emptied again, I think they were absolutely caking it! HA HA HA

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jul-07, 00:05
Your always full of positive vibes and good things to say aren't you, I am going to start calling you Bad News Barry for want of something i am allowed to type on the org [lol]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I couldn't care if Ashcroft and The Verve went back to working in McDonalds after the gig, I'd still want to see it because they appeal a lot to me and thats the most important thing not what anyone else thinks

PS you'd also be surprised with some of those bands, Shed Seven still have a cult following, even here in the States there is a bit of a revival of their music amongst the young kids here. And as for Reef, they were always and will always be class, some of the best rock songs ever produced.

Fair dos, Jeemag. I have an appalling taste in music, too :)
Shed Seven, Reef etc.,: if the Americans are championing bland mediocrity then that's fine - they are nothing to aspire to. Have a nice day!

WeeBurd
12-Jul-07, 00:35
Fair dos, Jeemag. I have an appalling taste in music, too :)
Shed Seven, Reef etc.,: if the Americans are championing bland mediocrity then that's fine - they are nothing to aspire to. Have a nice day!

I may be wrong, however I don't think Jeemag was "championing" them, so much as just reeling them off. However fair do's, each to one's own, Pepsi, and we'd all do well to respect each others opinions. It's good to listen to music that does not challenge the brain from time to time - when music bcomes too much like hard work and a chore, that's when it becomes a bore (didn't mean that to rhyme <blush>). There's room for everyone's choices.

Jeemag_USA
12-Jul-07, 02:55
I may be wrong, however I don't think Jeemag was "championing" them, so much as just reeling them off. However fair do's, each to one's own, Pepsi, and we'd all do well to respect each others opinions. It's good to listen to music that does not challenge the brain from time to time - when music bcomes too much like hard work and a chore, that's when it becomes a bore (didn't mean that to rhyme <blush>). There's room for everyone's choices.

I think its just my day for Barry's bucket of parade rain, he got me twice now, I am ready for him now, got my brolly oot :Razz

Cookerpebble
12-Jul-07, 12:47
after missing the last few years for various reason, got my tickets for 2008 sorted early. Result!

chimo
18-Jul-07, 17:39

Shed Seven are playing the Barrowlands in November, and I watched Kula Shaker at Oran Mor in Glasgow last month; they are releasing an album later in the year!

theboysintheband
19-Jul-07, 00:17
Im pretty sure their playin Inverness aswell.