PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing help

stratman
09-Jul-07, 08:26
Hi Orgers

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a fitting for this old double sink?
Thanks

I was going to call this post sinking feeling but it is probably too early in the morning!!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/Stratman_2007/sink.jpg

stevep
09-Jul-07, 16:06
There is a reclamation yard near us in Kent that has lots of old fittings for this type of sink and baths, I could have a look for you I will be there tomorrow. If you have any diameters just let me know.

stratman
09-Jul-07, 16:35
Hi Steve

That is extremely good of you. The bolt holes (which are 15mm are 45mm center to center and the distance from outer to outer of the drain holes is 80mm. The diameter of the round drain hole is 70mm and the D shaped hole is 65mm from flat to the opposite curve. I have no idea of price of such an item but I guess a ceiling price of £20. Once again extremely good of you. Thanks

All the best
Dave

stevep
09-Jul-07, 16:41
It was indeed me. How is everything going, nearly finished? We will be moving up at the end of the month and we are renting a house in Wick whilst the house is built. Fancy a pint when we get there?

stratman
10-Jul-07, 08:24
It was indeed me. How is everything going, nearly finished? We will be moving up at the end of the month and we are renting a house in Wick whilst the house is built. Fancy a pint when we get there?

Brilliant. I shall pm you.

Lolabelle
10-Jul-07, 09:19
Hi Orgers

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a fitting for this old double sink?
Thanks

I was going to call this post sinking feeling but it is probably too early in the morning!!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/Stratman_2007/sink.jpg

I know I could be just having a blonde day, but "that" is a sink???? :confused
Is it the bottom? Please excuse my ignorance.

katarina
10-Jul-07, 10:46
Good photo anyway!

stratman
10-Jul-07, 11:07
Good photo anyway!

Why thank you!

It is the bottom of a double porcelain sink the shallow one on the left of the picture and the deep on the left. I should have started a guess what it is competition. I showed the photo to a plumber yesaterday accused great confusion. Perhaps not a good piccy.