PDA

View Full Version : New shop's up by Tesco's!!

floyed
08-Jul-07, 12:14
Read on the front page of the org that we might be getting more shop's up by Tesco's. I think it's a great idea and would love to see some new shops. :D

What do all you org's think??

DarkAngel
08-Jul-07, 12:38
I agree..More shops please...Does anyone know what might be goin up there?

bluelady
08-Jul-07, 12:48
aye it would be good, something different but useful

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 13:14
Read on the front page of the org that we might be getting more shop's up by Tesco's. I think it's a great idea and would love to see some new shops. :D

What do all you org's think??

I hope they're going to open a school or two. Or at least an English department. Or even maybe a stationers, so you can buy an eraser. Maybe then we'll see the removal of all those extraneous apostrophes.

hotrod4
08-Jul-07, 13:39
In the immortal words of "field of dreams".
IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps metalthingmy maybe you should ask someone if you can swap one of their apostrophes for a vowel!! he he, (couldnt resist it)

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 13:43
Meh, it needs a whole extra word! LOL!

Edit: Oh, and it's a consonant, not a vowel... ;)

fred
08-Jul-07, 13:49
In the immortal words of "field of dreams".
IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Field of Dreams was a box office flop in Britain.

They billed it but nobody went.

fred
08-Jul-07, 13:54
I hope they're going to open a school or two. Or at least an English department. Or even maybe a stationers, so you can buy an eraser. Maybe then we'll see the removal of all those extraneous apostrophes.

Or they could open a butcher's and have more of them.

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 13:59
I'd like the extraneous apostrophe to be banned outright. Nothing cries "I'm an illiterate fool" more than their presence.

I'd also like the semi-colon key to be just a little further away from my apostrophe key, so that I don;t make stupid typing mistakes so easily. :(

Margaret M.
08-Jul-07, 14:19
I'd like the extraneous apostrophe to be banned outright. Nothing cries "I'm an illiterate fool" more than their presence.

I'd also like the semi-colon key to be just a little further away from my apostrophe key, so that I don;t make stupid typing mistakes so easily. :(

Since we are being so proper, you would like the semi-colon key to be just a little farther away. :)

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 14:32
Yes, you're right of course. How remiss of me. Always glad to get the chance to further my education. :D Thanks!

bluelady
08-Jul-07, 14:35

It's OK Metallattakkk, we wont hold your mistakes against you,it's easy enough to hit wrong keys and not everyone is able to get good education or understand the English lanquage as well as others. Help i'm Dyslexic!!!!!!!!

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 14:39
OMG. I'm not going to rise to that. ;)

rhino
08-Jul-07, 15:20
Tesco have just bought Dobbies Garden Centre. Maybe thats what we are getting?

brandy
08-Jul-07, 15:45
i would love a matalan and macdonalds or subway!
just think if we could get a cinema and entertainment center we could be inverness almost!

rangers1873
08-Jul-07, 15:48
more shops the better.as for the other retailers objecting what have they given us.most of the shops in the town when i have looking for something dont have what im looking for,and you get the same old tired storyline ,getting more stock in soon. but its the same when you go back weeks later ,the same stock as before. and as for blaming tesco and the other retail park for the little shops demise, what rubbish. the internet is whats to blame. i buy most of my stuff online be it dvds,clothes,sportswear,games for consoles etc.

horseman
08-Jul-07, 15:53
I do hope you extremely eridute types leave room for us lesser endowed peeps.;)

Fstevens
08-Jul-07, 16:18
I would continue to use the shops I use in Wick now, but think some new shops would be a good thing, more work for some, and good for the tourists as well:)

brandy
08-Jul-07, 18:36
just think a shop that sold.. clothes larger than a 16 that actually looks good, and dosent make you feel horrible when wearing them.

Dog-eared
08-Jul-07, 18:52
MMMMM... yes Brandy , a Macdonalds and a size 16 + shop next to each other...... a perfect world !!:roll:

Ash
08-Jul-07, 19:16
yes brandy! i have problems buying feminine looking undwear as i have a big bust! why should i have to shop online or pay more! i hate it!

fred
08-Jul-07, 20:39
yes brandy! i have problems buying feminine looking undwear as i have a big bust! why should i have to shop online or pay more! i hate it!

Get campaigning then.

And if you need any extra support just let me know, I'd be delighted to do it.

Ash
08-Jul-07, 20:42
Get campaigning then.

And if you need any extra support just let me know, I'd be delighted to do it.

ok thanks for that, it really annoys me, that i cant just go into a shop locally and buy underwear, went into mackays yesterday as needed new underwear,got something but it wasnt even that nice but i really needed it........

DarkAngel
08-Jul-07, 21:18
Id love a subway up here! They are brilliant and so yummy..And healthy:) too!

brandy
08-Jul-07, 22:26
oh hun i feel your pain! what would it be like to have sexy leingerie, instead of full support bras!
trousers i can get no bother, but i cant fins a top or underthings that look decent to save my life! AND i dont wear belly tops.. after 4 preg, im a bit wobbly round the tummy!
so like tops a little longer, but to get to fit the top they hang at the bottom or are to short!
oi and i LOVE macdonalds chicken salad!! yummy!!!! a lot healthier than a chippy any day! and subway have lovley sandwiches!

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 22:32
Field of Dreams was a box office flop in Britain.

They billed it but nobody went.

That's 'cause it was silly Fred. :lol:

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 22:35
just think a shop that sold.. clothes larger than a 16 that actually looks good, and dosent make you feel horrible when wearing them.

Brandy, I saw a photo of you earlier in the year, and you don't look like you need a 16 or over. but if I visit, they had best be getting in some LARGER sizes. LOL [lol]

fred
08-Jul-07, 22:38
ok thanks for that,

It would be a pleasure, an uplifting experience.

WeeBurd
08-Jul-07, 22:58

Gals, I'm with you on this one - I have a small back, but beeg cups :eek:, so shopping locally has never been an option. Alas though, it tends only to be shops like Frasers or (if you catch them on a good day) Debenhams where you can walk in off the street and get the correct size. Have you tried Bravissimo on-line? Also, this season Freemans are doing a couple of pretty ranges in bigger sizes - Katie Price (lol, I know!) and Freya. The Katie Price one is easier on the purse, but I think it's worth paying a wee bit more for the Freya ones which'll fair sort oot yer cleavage[lol]!

brandy
08-Jul-07, 23:26
Brandy, I saw a photo of you earlier in the year, and you don't look like you need a 16 or over. but if I visit, they had best be getting in some LARGER sizes. LOL [lol]

*laughs* your too kind! *grins* im a size 16 trouser wise but tend to be anywhere from an 18-22 top wise depending on where your buying it from!!!
*whispers* im a 44D cup! so finding underware is not easy! and matching sets HA! but i have a broad back.. so isnt fun! i kid you not before having tom i was a G!!! *gasp.. but it all went away!! evans sells pretty bras and things but they are useless.. as their is no support in them and only last a few months!

helenwyler
08-Jul-07, 23:45
Is there an M&S you girlies can get to up there?

About the only thing I ever agreed with Maggie Thatcher on was the quality of their underwear[lol]!

WeeBurd
08-Jul-07, 23:53
Is there an M&S you girlies can get to up there?

About the only thing I ever agreed with Maggie Thatcher on was the quality of their underwear[lol]!

Sadly not, Helen. I do like their drawers, but I have to say I've never liked their bra's, I've not yet found one that fit's me perfectly. They look pretty, but fit wise they're not for me. Pre-motherhood, I was a 30D, however I've now gone up to a 32 - not saying what cup size, but you can add several to the above :eek:!

Murdina Bug
09-Jul-07, 07:06
Does 'Secrets' lingerie shop in Dempster Street, Wick not stock larger cup sizes any more? She certainly used to and could order stuff in for you - could be worth a look in.

Ash
09-Jul-07, 10:13
New Look used til do a bigger size but have now stopped, i heard the woman in wick was expensive, only place we have is mackays or i have to go to tescos even then its frumpy!

brandy
09-Jul-07, 15:33
Lolabelle this is me taken today! not the best pic.. been out in the garden.. mowing washing swimming!!*G*
please dont look at my legs the glare will blind you!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/HPIM0581.jpg