PDA

View Full Version : Argos

ks
07-Jul-07, 23:40
We reserved an item online from Argos today and my husband went through to Wick from Thurso to pick it up. He arrived just after 5.50pm but as they don't close until 6pm that should have been okay. He noticed as he was parking that they were locking the doors but as there was still customers inside he waited at the door, when they unlocked it to let the customers out he explained he had reserved something and wanted to pick it up but they said they were closed, he politely pointed out that it was still only 5.55pm but they said the tills were off so it was too late. He told the assistant that we would get it somewhere else. We try to shop locally but when you get shocking service like that is it any wonder Inverness is a better option.

anneoctober
07-Jul-07, 23:59
What happened to the phrase "the customer is always right"? [disgust]
Surely simple courtesey would n't have gone amiss , and easy enough to check up on your hubby's order. How did the people already in the shop, pay for their goods? They ALL could n't have waiting to collect items. Do they assume that they can afford to lose custom ? Hope you contact the manager/ess and let them know how their staff are treating their customers. :confused

ks
08-Jul-07, 00:03
I called the customer services but they were closed! I will be calling back tomorrow to complain. Thought no point in complaining in the store as there was probably a manager there to lock up.

anneoctober
08-Jul-07, 00:06
KS, give them HELL ! ;)

jim112233
08-Jul-07, 15:25
I hate going to argos in wick god they are so pig ignorant and slow. they could be doing with a wee course is good customer service cause they dont seem care.

horseman
08-Jul-07, 15:41
Fine .but why leave to the last five minutes to show up?The lads n lassies are obviosly well into 'going home mode'by then. ???

fcg02
08-Jul-07, 16:39
the workers get paid to work to 6pm so therefore they should work to 6pm and if someone comes in minutes before closing u should serve them an the till shouldnt hav been switched off until the doors wer closed and all the customers in the shop had left!!!

EDDIE
08-Jul-07, 17:21
I called the customer services but they were closed! I will be calling back tomorrow to complain. Thought no point in complaining in the store as there was probably a manager there to lock up.

If i was you i wouldnt phone them i would email them through there website that ways better because u can sit down and carefully word it out exactly what u want to say and u have a track record on what u say and what they say.

nanoo
08-Jul-07, 17:50
I've worked in shops all my life and the policy was --- if you close at 5.30 as is usual in most cases, whoever is in charge that day, locks the shop door at exactly 5.30. All customers on the premises at that time got served with the usual politeness. A member of staff was always at the door to let each of those customers out of the shop, also to stop others coming in. I shudder to think what would have happened if we closed earlier, certainly an appointment with the local employment office would have been on the cards.

katarina
08-Jul-07, 18:29
the staff in argos don't ever go out of their way to help you. I was going to buy an item, but was not sure if it was right, and asked if i could bring it back if it was not (i would have to take it out of it's packaging to check) I was told ' no, as we could not sell it as new once the packaging has been tampered with'. Her whole attitude was - I don't care if you buy it or not! I did not buy it. I found a similar item in Tescos, and said to the sales person that I wasn't sure if it was right. 'Take it home anyway, bring it back if it's wrong,' said the sales person. 'But,' says I, 'I will have to take it out of the packaging to check,' He proceded to unpack it there and then and couldn't be more helpful
full marks to the sales person in Tescos. I won't be going back to argos in a hurry!

DarkAngel
08-Jul-07, 21:24
Ive had the same problem waswel! Was ordering a swing for the back garden for my 1 year old and it was out of stock..Went back a few days later to check if it was back in stock but No same again so i went up to the till and asked when it would be in again..THe iggnorant lady turned round and said..Sorry its out off stock here and in our warehouse..Maybe you should have thought about buying a swing before the summer started then you would have got a swing..[mad]

Cheeky Mare!!!

rfr10
08-Jul-07, 21:39
I haven't heard very good comments about how the "Higher-up" people in the Wick Argos treat their staff. I have heard that staff are constantly watched and that they are just generally not treated very well.

I've had no problems of how they treat their customers but what I've heard from relations of people who have worked there, it doesn't sound very good to me.

rhino
08-Jul-07, 21:57
I was there last week to at around 10 to 8 for something and the doors were locked shut. I Emailed the customer services line and got a reply appologising as i should have still got in as the store should notlock doors until 8pm.

Havnt heard anything since.

WeeBurd
08-Jul-07, 22:04
If i was you i wouldnt phone them i would email them through there website that ways better because u can sit down and carefully word it out exactly what u want to say and u have a track record on what u say and what they say.

I used this tactic with a different nationwide store located locally, and my feedback was never even acknowledged :roll:.

I've only been in the Argos once since they've been in Wick, to pick up an item which was reserved on-line. I don't really recall the instore transaction which suggest the customer care must have been ok - it tends to be only poor or exceptional customer care experiences which stick in the mind.

rfr10
08-Jul-07, 22:04
I say they demote some of the management staff and get better ones.

Are the managment in the Wick argos local people?

Yoda the flump
08-Jul-07, 22:12
I say they demote some of the management staff and get better ones.

Are the managment in the Wick argos local people?

I have never had a problem with the Argos customer service in Wick, they are always polite and helpful.

I have to say that there are several local shops that I have walked out of because of the attitude of the staff.

rfr10
08-Jul-07, 22:20
I have never had a problem with the Argos customer service in Wick, they are always polite and helpful.

I have to say that there are several local shops that I have walked out of because of the attitude of the staff.

As far as I know, I didn't say anything against the customer service.

Yoda the flump
08-Jul-07, 22:32
As far as I know, I didn't say anything against the customer service.

Ah, sorry made a mistake, never meant to quote you. Just joining in the discussion.

rhino
08-Jul-07, 22:35
Argos policy tended just to pay off management if they wanted to!

rfr10
08-Jul-07, 22:39
Ah, sorry made a mistake, never meant to quote you. Just joining in the discussion.

Oh right. It's ok! :D

ks
09-Jul-07, 22:19
I emailed a complaint to them yesterday but haven't got a response yet!

rfr10
09-Jul-07, 22:31

Email to customer services with a complaint to any company is usually a bad word. You'll be likely if they even reply. A formal slow mail letter with recorded delivery is more likely to receive a reply.

EDDIE
09-Jul-07, 22:58
When u email the second time you should put a link to this forum so they no how everyone feels on the subject.

rfr10
10-Jul-07, 20:14
When u email the second time you should put a link to this forum so they no how everyone feels on the subject.

Ha, yeah, good point. Never really thought about that one.