PDA

View Full Version : Org Forum

horseman
07-Jul-07, 20:24
Latest stats on the org are absolutely awsome!!:)

karia
07-Jul-07, 20:27

We are an awesome crew,..what's new?!!:)

karia

Ricco
07-Jul-07, 20:28

Naturally, horseman. You get the best where you have the best. ;)

golach
07-Jul-07, 20:30
All Hail the .Org

Angela
07-Jul-07, 20:31
Ever get the feeling we're being watched....? [para][para]

Ricco
07-Jul-07, 20:32
All Hail the .Org

"all hail the org!"
"all hail the org!"
"all hail the org!"

... came a thousand tiny voices from inside the security locker.

karia
07-Jul-07, 20:57
Angela, you protect the watch towers, i'll take over ,...ah ,well ,we're talking sunday double time...!

.....Nonsense, we Girlies are not swayed by mere money...

the 'invest 'nest is loaded!;)

I'll sleep with one eye open, then Lolabelle can take over...!

See you in the A.m,...you have still got the PINK sonic screwdriver??:)

OMG, don't tell me it is in my handbag!!

laugh you may,...We are just toying with you!

You will hear from us again !

Next time,..we mean business!

You Know who we are and we are READY for you.

karia

karia
07-Jul-07, 21:05
Such Fun !

Whae's like us indeed! :)

karia

laguna2
07-Jul-07, 21:07
Can I have a pint of whatever Karia is on please ... :lol

karia
07-Jul-07, 21:13
hi Laguna,

karia's on ' downright exhausted with a terminally ill mother and a crazy sense of humour'

Sorry to have offended you !

Karia

laguna2
07-Jul-07, 21:15
hi Laguna,

karia's on ' downright exhausted with a terminally ill mother and a crazy sense of humour'

Sorry to have offended you !

Karia

You did not offend me!!! I actually found your post funny, So thanks for making me giggle!!!!

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 03:24
Angela, you protect the watch towers, i'll take over ,...ah ,well ,we're talking sunday double time...!

karia

Reporting for duty. Sir!/ Ma'am!

horseman
08-Jul-07, 07:15
With you lot about, the stats can only get better:cool:

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 13:10

Are they, though? I suspect that the FlashChat page refreshing adds considerably to the overall hits recorded.

horseman
08-Jul-07, 16:49
Metalatakk,-each to their own!My post stands.

golach
08-Jul-07, 19:50
Metalatakk,-each to their own!My post stands.
I am with you, I would stand by your post, I very rarely have to refresh, maybe once a week in the chat room but never else where

karia
08-Jul-07, 21:35
Hello!

you've caught my interest here.

how do you 'refresh'?

I'm on windows XP, so am just back clickin' away,..all the time!

Is there another way?

karia

canuck
08-Jul-07, 22:12

karia

I have my wood chisel
sharpened to a point
ready for my next assignment

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 22:24
Hello!

how do you 'refresh'?

Is there another way?

karia

Me too, Karia, I never have had to refresh, not even in the flash chat thingy.

Torvaig
08-Jul-07, 22:45
Hello!

how do you 'refresh'?

Is there another way?

karia

The refresh button on XP is the fourth from the left; two arrows curved.

Metalattakk
08-Jul-07, 23:57
When you're in the FlashChat room, the page automatically refreshes every few seconds.

Each auto-refresh is counted as a 'hit' for the site, whether anyone actually posts or not.

karia
09-Jul-07, 13:46
Thanks Torvaig!

That should make my life a lot simpler.

Karia

Bobinovich
09-Jul-07, 19:32
When you're in the FlashChat room, the page automatically refreshes every few seconds.

Each auto-refresh is counted as a 'hit' for the site, whether anyone actually posts or not.

Even if that's the case MA I think you'll find that Flashchat isn't really that busy so isn't likely to add too many 'hits' to the Org's overall total, or therefore its success.

Metalattakk
09-Jul-07, 20:12
It doesn't need to be busy, it just needs one person in there and every 5 seconds there's a new hit recorded.

webmannie
09-Jul-07, 20:33
Even if that's the case MA I think you'll find that Flashchat isn't really that busy so isn't likely to add too many 'hits' to the Org's overall total, or therefore its success.

I'd agree

.org on it's own admission stated that the number of pictures on it's site boosts the figures (the recent Harbourfest albums for example).

A hit is recorded for the page and each image that forms that page (including hidden transparent ones that are used to maintain the structure of a page)

It widely known in the 'business' that hits are not a reliable way to measure website traffic. I'd be more impressed seeing unique visitors and length of time on the pages.

.org has a lot of content which undoubtebly attracts a large amount of visits via google, how many times is the visitor clicking through and finding out that it is not the content they are looking for? The length of time would be a good indicator i guess.

Bill Fernie
09-Jul-07, 20:56
Stats are widely quoted but often are not consistent. Many sites quote hits that tell you very little and many folk mistake this for visitor numbers and that is why from the start I quote visitor numbers as well as hits and also page views. These numbers are also open to be inflated for all sorts of reasons such as spiders from places like Google checking your site and much more. However as we have ben quoting stats for a number of years you can tell that there is a rise in the all of the numbers.

I do not think we are able to check how long visitors remain on the site. the photos certainly boost numbers as when any bigger batch is exepcted and goes on visitors flock on to the site to look at them. Galas, Highland Games, County Show amongst others always boost numbers. Usually July is our highest month as there are so many of these events and each year the number of photos posted has grown.

I agree the stats are only a guide but they do confirm the numbers are growing. I am more suspicious of the many sites that quote only hit numbers without showing actual visitor numbers or page views that help give amuch better picture of what is happening overall. The hit number folk are playing on the ignorance of many folk to try and impress and it is usually all about sales of advertising. On that note we are also hoping to impress advertisers otherwise the show ends.

lassieinfife
09-Jul-07, 22:56
oh i been robbed then i only got 1 curved arrow .......... come on own up who pinched me other arrow?:eek:lol