PDA

View Full Version : short term rental in Wick

merlot
01-Jul-05, 22:32
Hi everyone,
my husband may be offered a short term locum position at the hospital in Wick, and we would be really excited to live way up north for a while (currently in Pembrokeshire, Wales).

I am a wee bit worried about finding some accomadation for only a couple of months - July and August. It would need to be fully furnished, and there is no way we could afford a holiday let for this period of time. Does anyone have any reassurance for me?

Thanks all,
Merlot.

lynne duncan
01-Jul-05, 23:50
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/category.php?cat=136
try this link hope there is something you find to your liking
and welcome in advance to Caithness and Wick

merlot
02-Jul-05, 10:23
Unfortunately the ones in the link all seem to be holiday lets.

We can't afford 300 a week - that is all of our income - we need a short term rental for a couple of months for far less than that.
Any more ideas anyone?

jambo
02-Jul-05, 13:37
u should be able to rent property up here fore 300 per month.

merlot
02-Jul-05, 15:00
Thanks Jambo.
All the ads I have seen say minimum rental 6 months, and we won't be in Wick for that long.

Are landlords negotiable on this point?

Lucy
02-Jul-05, 16:15
If you contact the caithness general hospital direct they may be able to help you. They have accomodation available for some of the doctors but not sure about short term locums. May be worth a try anyway as sometimes there are cards on their noticeboards about accomodation as well.

Fifi
02-Jul-05, 20:22
What about these two? They are in the property rental section on this site, it doesn't give a price so I don't know if they are in your range. Good luck.

The Round House
Private Landlord
Harbour Road, Wick

Fully Furnished 3 bedroomed ground floor flat. Self Contained apartment. Harbour and sea views. Short, long term or holiday lets.

Contact Janette Sutherland

[Phone: 01955 603640 (day), 01955 603858 (evening)

Two bedroom fully furnished house
Private Landlord
Reiss £300 per month

With central heating, washing machine, dishwasher etc.

Overlooking Sinclair Bay.

Short term, long term or holiday lets available.

For more details contact Alex Banks.

[E-mail: banksalex@hotmail.com] [Phone: 07775 994905] [