PDA

View Full Version : Antiques Roadshow

neepnipper
07-Jul-07, 12:16
What a miserable day for filming the Antiques Roadshow at the Castle of Mey.

Hopefully they've got marquees up (if they don't get blown away!).

Has anyone been today?

davem
07-Jul-07, 14:16
Yes lots of cheery people and a big enough tent to keep everyone dry.
Pity though they did deserve better weather.
Only took 1 and 1/2 hours from arriving to being seen.

emszxr
07-Jul-07, 15:14
went a look, but was so wet didnt stay long.

sweep
07-Jul-07, 23:03
went along and had a great day thanks to the bbc staff. was chosen to be filmed so had a bit of a wait but it was worth it, good fun. met lots of nice folk with interesting stories about what they'd brought. had to laugh when we got makeup before filming-felt like a film star!!

Moira
07-Jul-07, 23:40
The weather let Caithness down again. The heavens opened late last night & there's no sign of it abating much. Yesterday was fine & Thursday was glorious. We did not go - hubby refused to wear the "antique" badge & I'm more of a "classic" myself.;)

I did hear one heartwarming story today though. Someone was very surprised to be given a high valuation on a personal "trinket". I hope they hang onto it. More often than not, the story behind the item is worth so much more than the market value of the item itself.

Foxy
07-Jul-07, 23:48
I went along and was delighted to find out the the books my grandad had left me over 20 years ago were of some value :eek: but i would never sell them as they remind me of him. :D

thirsaloon
08-Jul-07, 00:03
I spoke to one of the experts, told me in all his years with the roadshow it is the worst weather he has ever seen when filming! Such is Caithness weather, ....well, not all the time!

A number of them were staying at the Royal Hotel, Thurso. I came away a happy man also!

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 01:43
Wow, I will have to watch out for that one, so I can put faces to some names, maybe. Be great to watch anyway. I usually do if I'm up late enough. Its on here at about 10 - 10.30pm. So sometimes I don't make it.

bluelady
08-Jul-07, 13:21
aye me and my daughter went, no exiting treasures in our bits but got a few things valued for free so cant complain. yes e rain poured and e ground was sodden and yes e car slipped and slidded on e mud, but it was fun and thats what you do in when you live in Caithness, as e song says "carry on regardless" :lol:

Sporran
11-Jul-07, 18:47
I've just been looking at the photos taken at the show, from the link on the Org front page. Michael Aspel looks like he's aging well! :) Does anybody know if the oil painting in the last pic is a river view of Wick?

Any idea when the show is being televised? I do love watching that programme, and hope to eventually see the Castle of Mey episode on BBC America!

George Brims
11-Jul-07, 19:54
I just looked up Michael Aspel on Wikipedia - he is 74 years old. He definitely is aging well - or the BBC makeup people have some good heavy-duty filler on hand. Maybe a bit of both!

robbain
14-Jul-07, 03:56
I've just been looking at the photos taken at the show, from the link on the Org front page. Michael Aspel looks like he's aging well! :) Does anybody know if the oil painting in the last pic is a river view of Wick?

Any idea when the show is being televised? I do love watching that programme, and hope to eventually see the Castle of Mey episode on BBC America!

Sporran, sorry for delay - the show is being show in Autumn and the painting is off Wick River