PDA

View Full Version : Elm Tree Filling Station!

DarkAngel
07-Jul-07, 11:29
Noticed this morning whilst driving past..that its all changed the signs and everything..Cant remember what its called now... All bright colours! Never even heard of it before...

Mizpah
07-Jul-07, 11:32
It is now "Gleaner Fuels":lol:

DarkAngel
07-Jul-07, 12:17
Thats what it is...lol! Never heard of it before!

Geo
07-Jul-07, 12:23
I think Gleaner are one of the suppliers to independent petrol stations.

sandy01
07-Jul-07, 15:53
Gleaner are based in Inverness, and are supplied by Shell, they supply most of the Shell statoins in the highlands, and are responsible for the loss of shell points, probably because they have had to supply fuel at a price to compete/match Tesco.

COACHMAN
09-Jul-07, 18:36
GLEANER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LOSS OF SHELL POINTS.
SHELL HAVE WITHDRAWN THEM AND REPLACED IT WITH THE SHELL DRIVERS CLUB.
ALL THE SHELL SITE NORTH OF INVERNESS WILL BE REBRANDED TO GLEANER WITHIN THE NEXT SIX WEEKS.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jul-07, 18:52
ALL THE SHELL SITE NORTH OF INVERNESS WILL BE REBRANDED TO GLEANER WITHIN THE NEXT SIX WEEKS.

Woops coachman capitals on the org mean you are shouting.....:lol: which Im sure your not :D

Lucy
09-Jul-07, 19:55
I know this is a bit off the thread but according to this link

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/article.php?id=194

Elm Tree garage got £26,600 from CASE in 2006

i'm not sure what this money was for but i haven't seen any improvements to it in years, can any-one enlighten me as to what the money was for. I'm assuming that the new signs etc would be paid for by Gleaner oils and not by the garage.:confused

It can't be for their LPG pumps because these were put in in 2002 with a grant for £11,100 from Case:confused

http://www.hie.co.uk/Default.aspx.LocID-0finewb50.RefLocID-0fihiesv500b00d.htm?sksearchtext=elm%20tree

DarkAngel
09-Jul-07, 21:02
I know this is a bit off the thread but according to this link

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/article.php?id=194

Elm Tree garage got £26,600 from CASE in 2006

i'm not sure what this money was for but i haven't seen any improvements to it in years, can any-one enlighten me as to what the money was for. I'm assuming that the new signs etc would be paid for by Gleaner oils and not by the garage.:confused

It can't be for their LPG pumps because these were put in in 2002 with a grant for £11,100 from Case:confused

http://www.hie.co.uk/Default.aspx.LocID-0finewb50.RefLocID-0fihiesv500b00d.htm?sksearchtext=elm%20tree

Hmmm...Where has the money been spent?

Lucy
10-Jul-07, 02:25
The rumour i heard a long time ago was that the money was for new pumps and electronic system where it registers in the office how much you spent at the pumps. i assumed that this was to bring them up to date and make them able to compete with Tesco's. i know this is only rumour and speculation but their new signs have made me curious about the money.

katarina
10-Jul-07, 10:51
what a unremarkable name! I liked
Elm Tree, it was quaint and kinda homely.

sandy01
10-Jul-07, 11:04
ALL THE SHELL SITE NORTH OF INVERNESS WILL BE REBRANDED TO GLEANER WITHIN THE NEXT SIX WEEKS.:lol:

You were unable to get shell points, in wick or thurso before shell changed to the drivers club, because gleaner told the stations to stop doing them.
When all shell sites are rebranded to gleaner, anyone useing a shell fuel card will pay PUMP PRICES and not shell card prices.

lelebo
10-Jul-07, 12:16
A grant is only paid out on proof of spend so any CASE contribution would only have been paid out when they company proved that they had already spent the money.

COACHMAN
10-Jul-07, 17:31
You were unable to get shell points, in wick or thurso before shell changed to the drivers club, because gleaner told the stations to stop doing them.
When all shell sites are rebranded to gleaner, anyone useing a shell fuel card will pay PUMP PRICES and not shell card prices.
YOU CAN STILL GET SHELL FUEL CARD PRICES WHEN THE GLEANER SITES CHANGE and cheaper fuel on the RED Card system there derv today is 0.019 ppl cheaper than anyone in caithness.:Razz