PDA

View Full Version : The Odd Sock Mystery!

joan
06-Jul-07, 18:57
Why, when your'e in a rush, can you NEVER find one matching pair of socks?! No matter how hard you try, you can never get them to stick together!? I have got about 6 odd socks. Where do they hide?![evil]

cuddlepop
06-Jul-07, 19:00
blame the spook,you cant have them wandering about with no socks on they get cold feet and I'm sure they dont mind odd socks:lol:

Jeemag_USA
06-Jul-07, 19:55
Why, when your'e in a rush, can you NEVER find one matching pair of socks?! No matter how hard you try, you can never get them to stick together!? I have got about 6 odd socks. Where do they hide?![evil]

I have an easy answer for that, I buy the same socks all the time, I have a dozen pairs of plain black socks for wearing with dress clothes and all the rest of my socks are plain white Hanes sports ankle socks, I can pick any two I want.

I used to love that part in The Fly where Jeff Goldblum explains that he buys a bunch of sets of the same clothing so he does not have to waste time thinking about what to put on in the morning, thats genius for you. [lol]

karia
06-Jul-07, 20:12
Hi jeemag,

That's been my mode de purchase up to now, works a treat!

Small sock (black) mine. Purchase 10 pairs new, every may!

Big sock (any other colour) his. Don't want to know if and when renewed.:roll:

You are going mad by adding colours & types, but seem to have it under control.

So long as your numbers are few,..and no-one fancies a bit of variation!!

Beware the day of the 'Argyle' patterned golfing sock, often accompanied by the ,..salmon pink Pringle sweater.:eek:.

Too horrible to contemplate!!

Style queen, Karia X

floyed
06-Jul-07, 22:01
In the washing machine, my washing machine stopped working couldn't work out why it was not spinning got the man out to fix it and there was 4 socks hiding inside. He advised me to put them in a pillow case as this is a common problem;)

Jeemag_USA
06-Jul-07, 22:15
In the washing machine, my washing machine stopped working couldn't work out why it was not spinning got the man out to fix it and there was 4 socks hiding inside. He advised me to put them in a pillow case as this is a common problem;)

Next thing you know a few months down the line you'll be complaining about a lumpy pillow and wondering where all your socks have gone [lol]

Lolabelle
06-Jul-07, 22:19

We have the odd sock problem too, so I did as advised above and bought Dave 7 pair of matching blue & white footy socks. (Canterbury Bulldogs Colours, Dave follows Newcastle Knights he, he,he). Well guess what happened, can't guess, well ok I'll tell you, one disapeared. Not a problem, you just have one floating around the sock drawer unaccompanied. Then to my dismay the said missing sock returned, UNFADED, so now we have all these faded blue and white sock, all to the same degree of wear and tear only to now have one that looks like brand new. Gggrrrrrr. [disgust]

Julia
06-Jul-07, 23:01
I always have single socks too, I stash them at the back of the sock drawer in the hope their partners will appear one day, I finally give up hope and throw them in the bin only to find the other one turn up a few days later [evil]

grumpyhippo
07-Jul-07, 10:42
There's no great mystery about missing socks they're in the same place as the missing teaspoons............. if only I could find those missing teaspoons!!!!

DarkAngel
07-Jul-07, 11:27
I always have missing socks..Even thought i wahs them together and put them all in the tumble dryer together..Think My tumble dryer eats them im certain of it lol! :lol:

Im forever buying new pairs of socks...Especially the 1 year olds..His socks are always missing!:roll:

Bobinovich
07-Jul-07, 18:15
There's no great mystery about missing socks they're in the same place as the missing teaspoons............. if only I could find those missing teaspoons!!!!

I'm sure our missing teaspoons disappeared into the bin along with yoghurt/custard tubs once our kids have finished eating. Just like our numerous tattie peeling knives which I'm sure I've thrown out along with the tattie peelings!

Hope Mrs Bob doesn't read this :roll:!

karia
07-Jul-07, 18:29
Sympathies Bobinovich,

My steak knives went that route!

We bought a luminous peeler to avoid the other problem, ....Bright orange!

Very clever, I mean it's not like we ever peel anything that colour,..like carrots perhaps!:roll:

Karia

horseman
07-Jul-07, 20:45
I adopted the all the same,for work,many years ago, an it' s been a blessing ever since. Hole in the toe, sling it. Easy peasy :)

Kenn
07-Jul-07, 22:34
I blame the scientists, ever since they came up with the black holes things have been going missing.
Some where out there in the universe there is a new planet forming that will consist of socks,shirt buttons,paper clips,various pieces of cutlery,all the documents that you know you filed and my best secuteurs.

Sandra_B
07-Jul-07, 22:43
I'm sure our missing teaspoons disappeared into the bin along with yoghurt/custard tubs once our kids have finished eating. Just like our numerous tattie peeling knives which I'm sure I've thrown out along with the tattie peelings!

Hope Mrs Bob doesn't read this :roll:!

I wondered about our teaspoons too till the day I caught the wee one throwing his yoghurt tub in the bin with the spoon still in it. Now he has his own "Spiderman" spoons, he's much more careful with them.:D

katarina
08-Jul-07, 16:51
Keep your dirty socks in a net bag with a zip fastener. Wash and dry them in same bag. The sock monster has not yet worked out how to open a net bag. Works for me!

katarina
08-Jul-07, 16:54
of course, now if only i could come up with such an easy answer for finding everything else.................

laguna2
08-Jul-07, 16:55
of course, now if only i could come up with such an easy answer for finding everything else.................

What happens when you lose the net bag ......... :lol:

katarina
08-Jul-07, 18:47
What happens when you lose the net bag ......... :lol:

Well, if you lived in my house - anything would be possible.......

badger
08-Jul-07, 19:28
Net bag definitely a good idea - stops them getting left behind. Add Sockies to the equation and no more problems. Put your socks into the Socky when you take them off and they stay there right through the wash, tumble dryer or washing line (don't even need pegs with sockies) and put them away still in a pair. And no I don't have shares in them.

Having said that, a few weeks ago I lost a pillow slip :eek: . How could that possibly happen? Looked everywhere. I ask you - how can anyone lose a pillow slip?

karia
08-Jul-07, 19:46
[quote=badger;239488.

Having said that, a few weeks ago I lost a pillow slip :eek: . How could that possibly happen? Looked everywhere. I ask you - how can anyone lose a pillow slip?[/quote]

Hi badger,

Check inside the pillowcases on the bed/s. We once searched for ages only to find that we'd put a new one on top.;)

Currently, I am missing my washball thingy, it never gets out, lives in the machine and is not up any sleeves or down socks.

Mmm!

Karia

helenwyler
08-Jul-07, 20:47
Sockies are only the beginning:Razz...

Next you stop halfway up the stairs and wonder what you're coming up for...

Then you start putting things in a 'safe place' which is so ingenious you never find it yourself again after a few weeks - still can't find my Nectar card after 8 months haha!

karia
08-Jul-07, 21:10
Hi Helen,

My dad did that today, with 2, (doesn't hurt to double check!:eek:) ,spirit levels.

He was hanging a picture, Picasso's 'blue lady'!

wherever he's left them,.. 'they'll be on the level'

Last week we left him a magnet as he had lost a sewing needle, he found three pins, two needles and That he could stop his watch!!!

Thank god he doesn't have a pacemaker!!!:roll:

Karia

helenwyler
08-Jul-07, 21:30
Hi Karia

Good to know I'm in honourable company.

Have you got a magnet that can find my daughter's passport?

I took it to photocopy for her summer job a few weeks ago and now can't find it for the life of me!! Looks like I'll have to fork out £60 or so for my growing scattiness... and I m only 52:eek:.

Socks is cheap!

badger
09-Jul-07, 13:38
Hi badger,

Check inside the pillowcases on the bed/s. We once searched for ages only to find that we'd put a new one on top.;)

Currently, I am missing my washball thingy, it never gets out, lives in the machine and is not up any sleeves or down socks.

Mmm!

Karia
Thanks Karia but that was first place I looked. Even peered down behind the tank in the airing cupboard. Found spiders and dust but no pillowcase.

Spend ages these days looking for the cordless phone, although at least that can be summoned, and then there's my specs. Have to take them off to read, put them down, wander away because can see reasonably without them then realise they're not on nose. Help! Where are they? Where did I take them off? What was I doing? Must get one of those cord thingys.

As for going upstairs - never had so much exercise in my life. Use old envelopes for writing reminders, which is fine so long as I can remember what I want to remember by the time I get to the envelope. Give up.