PDA

View Full Version : Seagull Poo

ashaw1
05-Jul-07, 23:29
I love living in Caithness but the one drawback is the seagull poo on my car. Maybe it is just me and i have the only car in the area that the seagulls love to use for target practice. Every day without fail my car seems to get bombarded. Is it the colour of my car, the area of Wick i live in i don't know? But i wish i could at least get one day splatter free. Isn't too good for the paintwork i believe either so i suppose i will need to keep up my daily car washing!

Kingetter
06-Jul-07, 01:38
Something you'll jut have to live with I'd say. Gulls just can't read signs like "Not on my car again".
However, if it was another kind of seabird than 'gulls, you might take a different view of 'poo'.

http://www.shetlandfood.com/site/product.cfm?id=E24382BF-9F96-81F1-A6E1020BC5D9EC86

(Especially if you like chocolate!)

burstbucker
06-Jul-07, 09:45
I'm convinced that they do not like the glare given off by a shiny car. Mostly happens to mine when I clean it.

Kingetter
06-Jul-07, 10:31
A little curious here - are they attracted/put off by certain colours? Can they recognise colours even?

DarkAngel
06-Jul-07, 11:10
Tell me bout it..My car is always gettin pooed on!! Especially when its just been washed n polished! :):roll:

Kingetter
06-Jul-07, 11:18
And is that often? At least you aren't being discriminated against.

jambo
06-Jul-07, 13:05
i think u will have to get nappies for all the scorries then.

Dadie
06-Jul-07, 16:37
i think they have a perverse sense of humour they only seem to like to poo on freshly washed cars and washing that is nearly dry on the line...:eek:

MadPict
06-Jul-07, 16:46
Give the car a good coat of wax - or invest in one of these -

http://www.protech-shelters.co.uk/PS-1218-300_large_car__van_garage__boat_cover_ps1218300.ht ml

Ricco
06-Jul-07, 17:12
I once overheard one gull betting another:
"I'll wager my five sandeels against your kipper that you can't hit that blue car from 500ft!"

Best bet - protect your car with a good waxing. You may even want to try using Rainex afterwards - everything will just run off afterwards. ;)

joan
06-Jul-07, 18:51
When I was young I was eating a bag of chips,a seagull swooped down and snatched the chip from my hand.It came right back again and POOED on my head!!!Ungrateful seagull!!:eek:

horseman
07-Jul-07, 21:40
Ricco and Joan great posts,best part of coming up to caithness is the scorries.. My youngsters allways comment first with, where's the scorries dad,an they are all english born an bred.:D

the charlatans
07-Jul-07, 22:58
all hail the rain today, washing my car free from seagull poo.

and was in Inverness a couple of weeks ago, got 'scooted' on by a flaming scorrie crossing the road infront of Marks and Spencers. boy did it stink.

flying rats

Foxy
07-Jul-07, 23:57
Just recently i was told this interesting fact about seagulls i don't know if it's true or not, but i was told that they poo ever 2 minutes :eek: and the reason they do it so often is because there stomach is very acidic.

ŠAmethyst
08-Jul-07, 12:22
all hail the rain today, washing my car free from seagull poo.

and was in Inverness a couple of weeks ago, got 'scooted' on by a flaming scorrie crossing the road infront of Marks and Spencers. boy did it stink.

flying rats

Was eating a quick bite before I had to meet someone on Tuesday and was followed down Inverness High Street bu 2 seaguls. Maybe I shouldn't have had a tup of tuna salad! lol

I know Caithness doesn't have many trees and that's one thing that I miss. Birds sit in the tree at the end of our garden and poo as much as they can on our car - we've even had the paintwork damaged by bird poo!

Have to have the tree chopped down.

marylund2323
08-Jul-07, 12:34
i have a motobike which is nearly always covered which saves it from unwanted seagull poo, rain and people. my advice..by a car cover

bluelady
08-Jul-07, 12:39
where i worked we had one scorrie -named george by my collegues who fed him vast amounts of food everyday- who would hop onto the kitchen window and tap with his beak and squail until he got fed. he even fought with the ferral cat who also came looking for food.
They were the fattest pair in the area, they will have to fend for themselves now we have all left :lol:

bluelady
08-Jul-07, 12:42
also never mind the scorries, have you seen the mess a treeful of rooks/crows can make on a car parked nearby. Its worse when they are frightened out of the tree. Not to mention the constant squawking ! :lol:

ŠAmethyst
08-Jul-07, 18:15
also never mind the scorries, have you seen the mess a treeful of rooks/crows can make on a car parked nearby. Its worse when they are frightened out of the tree. Not to mention the constant squawking ! :lol:

Oh aye, never mind any birds... someone's 3 year old threw stones at the car - 2 big chips in the paintwork on driver side door! Seen him hanging round with a little girl from same age but don't know where their mum's are!