PDA

View Full Version : Worms.......Yuch!!!!!!!!

joan
05-Jul-07, 21:00
I was sitting at my computer minding my own business,eating a bowl of strawberries,when,suddenly I looked down and there lurking in one of my strawberries was a WORM!I had eaten half of it!Yuch!!!!Has anyone else had a foreign creature in their food?(Must admit the worm didn,t taste of much,just a bit bitter.)

anneoctober
05-Jul-07, 21:05
:eek: the 4 remaining strawberries from last nights pud, are now nestling in the bin...............
Are you SURE you're ok Joan? Cos I don't feel too good now.....:eek:

Dadie
05-Jul-07, 21:14
last week i got peas in their pods at somerfield found caterpillars in them...went straight to compost heap:eek:

corgiman
05-Jul-07, 21:45
well it's better to find the bugs in the food than eat them:lol: and at least it was only half:lol:

neepnipper
05-Jul-07, 22:04
When we were on holiday in Turkey we bought a big bag of cherries, back at our apartment we had a good scoff, I thought they tasted a bit 'funny', when we got to the bottom of the bag we found a fag end. Lovely!

Bought a sack of potatoes from a supermarket, along with the last few potatoes in the bottom of the bag I also found a squashed mouse!

WeeBurd
05-Jul-07, 22:14
Bought a cauliflower earlier in the year, the WeeBurdies and I were enjoying it boiled with some darned fine cheese sauce, when I found a nicely poached caterpillar in WeeBurdies portion <baulk> :eek:. Talk about a bad Mum, feeding her kids caterpillars! [lol]

joan
05-Jul-07, 22:16
Went to a hotel for high tea.Ordered fish and chips. ate all my fish and got through most of my chips when lo and behold I speared into a FRIED wasp!Im just glad that I looked at my fork before I opened my mouth.Goodness knows how many of them i'd eaten beforehand.

corgiman
05-Jul-07, 22:17
I remember being at someones house for tea and they were all scoffing their cauliflower floretts without cutting them but me and wife had both cut ours and found liberal amounts of forkietails in them but cos everyone else was eating it we didn't say a word cos it was too late anyway:eek:

htwood
05-Jul-07, 23:04
Back in the old days, we had an apple tree and my mither never let a single apple go to waste. So we had applesauce all autumn long, and it always seemed that sassylass found an appleworm in her bowl. LOL We don't know whether I ate mine quickly and didnt notice a worm, or whether sassy truly got the only one! And our mither always said...don't worry, they taste like applesauce.

sassylass
05-Jul-07, 23:07
OMG htwood, I was just remembering that! I still cannot look at applesauce without thinking about worms, I was that traumatised!! :eek:

p.s. you have disturbed the comfortable, now what? lol

Geo
05-Jul-07, 23:10
What's worse than finding a worm in your food? Finding half a worm! :)

anneoctober
05-Jul-07, 23:11
Joan, PLEASE promise me that when you win the lottery, you'll employ a "Food Taster" !!!;)

Geo
06-Jul-07, 00:08
A friend was eating an apple when he was younger. There was a wasp inside it. He ended up in hospital. :(

htwood
06-Jul-07, 04:21
p.s. you have disturbed the comfortable, now what? lol

I suppose I should comfort the disturbed...........there there sassy, I promise to puree your applesauce so you dont find a single worm LOL

paris
06-Jul-07, 08:02
I ordered a ham salad at a restaurant and got a crawling maggot on the plate as well.... yuck ! jan x:eek:

Lolabelle
06-Jul-07, 08:31
Bought a cauliflower earlier in the year, the WeeBurdies and I were enjoying it boiled with some darned fine cheese sauce, when I found a nicely poached caterpillar in WeeBurdies portion <baulk> :eek:. Talk about a bad Mum, feeding her kids caterpillars! [lol]

Aren't good mother "Weeburd's" supposed to feed the baby weeburds caterpillars???? lol.

I personally haven't eaten any foriegn bodies that I know of, but once at a friends I was eating cold meat and realised it had taste buds, I was horrified to have been eating tongue.
And my younger sister ate maggots on a leg of lamb that my mum had for put out for the dogs and then for some unknown reason put back into the fridge. Obviously it had been blown when it was outside. My sister came along and had a chew on it only to feel something wiggling on her lip. It was some maggots. She said she didn't even feel sick. Where as I am feeling a bit crook even writing it down. YYyyyuuuuucccckkkkkyyyyyyy.

brandy
06-Jul-07, 08:56
when we use to chick corn would find all sorts of beasties.. my brother was horrified.. he said are you not going to throw that away!!!!
my grannie looked at him like he was mad.. she said why whats wrong with it?
he said theres a bug in it.. she said so?
you just wash em off!
but then the closest he had been to corn was from the can

Angela
06-Jul-07, 11:40
In my far distant youth, all our veg came from the garden, and most things did appear in the kitchen complete with unwanted extras -usually caterpillars.

We just washed them off -and to this day, I always wash all fruit and veg very throroughly...

I know that insects are said to be quite nutritious [lol] but not really to my taste... :roll:

rockchick
06-Jul-07, 13:45
The joys of organic food!

Angela
06-Jul-07, 14:09
The joys of organic food!

Very true....but if it's not organic, wouldn't you have to wash it anyway?:confused...think of all these pesticides...:(

sassylass
06-Jul-07, 15:56
Years ago htwood had a pennypinching boyfriend. Gawd he was tight but anyway...
One morning as he spread butter on his bread, a fly buzzed in right under the knife and got plastered down. BF was horrified but, many discussions later, we still cannot decide if he was horrified at the fly on his slice or the fact he had to throw the slice out. [lol]

karia
06-Jul-07, 18:21
When I was small I was utterly terrified of crane flies,..they rendered me beyond hysterical with their horrible dangly legs,..so, to prove I had nothing to fear from them, my dad ate one!:eek:

That, my friends, is LOVE!!:D

Karia

joan
06-Jul-07, 18:46
Another thime we were eating strawberries, we forgot to wash them, and we found loads of tiny maggot things crawling about. we had already eaten half of them!!! We NEVER forget to wash strawberries now. Let that be a lesson to all of you. WASH fruit before you eat it! LOL!!!:~(

Innes
06-Jul-07, 19:04
On the last night of our honeymoon we camped in Fort Agustus, all was well till about 9pm when my wife had to go to the toilet. When she returned she had a look of terror on her face "the place is crawling with crane flies" cant be that bad I said.so off to the toilet I go thinking 6 or 7 maybe, but no there were thousands all over the walls,floor.sinks, and toilets.when I got back to the tent I could see a large clump of them all around the tent poles, between the tent and the flysheet and they were still there in the morning arghhhh.[para]

karia
06-Jul-07, 19:12
Thanks Innes, that's my nightmares sorted for the next twenty years. :eek:

I just said that what my dad did was a lovely thing, I didn't say it had necessarily WORKED!!

Karia

Did your wife need counselling, or is she still under lock and key somewhere,
cackling and twitching!

Tubthumper
06-Jul-07, 21:17
I remember an old joke about this...

What's worse than finding a worm inside your apple?

Being tied upside down with live electrodes attached to your nipples whilst being flogged senseless with a knotted rope!

I never said it was funny!
:~(

karia
06-Jul-07, 21:30
Hi Tubthumper,

That's scarier than thousands of Crane flies..How?

It's only flogging and electrodes on the nipples!:eek:

We're talking 'Daddy- Long- Legs!!'

Please, get a grip!;)

Karia

( I'm not entirely joking!)