PDA

View Full Version : full service history

celtchicky
05-Jul-07, 18:37
hi just wondered whats better when it comes to servicing your car?

is it better to stay with the dealership everytime or it is a case of aslong as its serviced then its ok???

i have a VW Polo and my dealer is in Inverness.

would appreciate any advice please

:confused

anneoctober
05-Jul-07, 18:49
If your car is under three years old, any garage can service it, providing they use dealer parts. Once your warranty is up on the car, you can use aftermarket parts. ;)

Ricco
05-Jul-07, 19:50
If your car is under three years old, any garage can service it, providing they use dealer parts. Once your warranty is up on the car, you can use aftermarket parts. ;)

I agree with anneoctober, though I usually stay with the dealer for the term of the warranty. Thereafter I use my local mechanics (who are heaps better anyway) and just ask that they use manufacturer parts wherever possible.

anneoctober
05-Jul-07, 20:23
Thanks Ricco, you put the answer, much better than me ! I did mean manufacturer's warranty - sorry celtichickie :confused

octane
05-Jul-07, 20:35
dealerships<<<<<< more like stealerships!!![evil]

personally id avoid all the time, they just rip a hole in your pocket and its an absolute disgrace the charges for such simple tasks.

If your mechanically minded or know of someone reliable then source parts yourself and do it that way. As long as you have receipts etc then in my personal opinion this is ok for when im buying a car, becuse i can understand the obscene stealership prices and dont blame people for going elsewhere to get there work done