PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard problem

Mizpah
04-Jul-07, 18:35
Can anyone tell me how I change settins of keyboard, I have been setting up a new computer and find the keyboard which I used on the previous one and worked perfect is now acting strange in the fact that the "at" sign is now on the figure 2key and the apostrohes on the "at" key.

Looking for some advice by the way I am using windows XP prof.

Thanks David

Brizer2k7
04-Jul-07, 20:16
It sounds like the keyboard on XP is set up as an American keyboard.

To change to UK English you go to start ==> settings ==> control panel and make sure Regional and Language options is set to English (UK)

Bobinovich
05-Jul-07, 00:22
Most XP machines are set up by default so you can do Start > Control Panel without going through the Settings option.

From there you double click the Regional and Language Options icon, click the Languages tab, then the Details button - there you will probably see that the default language is set to English (US).

To change it, click the Add button and select English (UK) from the top box, then click the OK button. This will return you to the previous screen where you can now select the English (US) option and press the Remove button. Windows will probably advise you that it can only be removed next time Windows restarts so just say Yes/OK to that.

Finally click the OK button twice to return to your normal desktop. You should find that your @ and " symbols have now swapped places and are where they should be! (although you may need to restart your PC before you try)

Mizpah
05-Jul-07, 22:18
Thanks for your help, have carried out what you said and all is fine now which makes a big difference.:lol: