PDA

View Full Version : Going or been somewhere nice on holiday?

Bloo
03-Jul-07, 23:35
Anyone got any plans for going on holiday or have some of you gone already? Lets hear from you :)

Jeemag_USA
03-Jul-07, 23:38
I am going Canoeing on Saturday, 5 hours in the river in two man canoes up north in Indiana, should be a blast will camp out after. Won't be doing a holiday though until I return to Scotland in March next year.

WeeBurd
03-Jul-07, 23:59
I am going Canoeing on Saturday, 5 hours in the river in two man canoes up north in Indiana, should be a blast will camp out after. Won't be doing a holiday though until I return to Scotland in March next year.

Don't forget to give us a shout next year, Jeemag!;)

No exotic hols for us this year, hubby has no annual leave until November :eek:.

Jeemag_USA
04-Jul-07, 00:06
Don't forget to give us a shout next year, Jeemag!;)

No exotic hols for us this year, hubby has no annual leave until November :eek:.

Will do, I will make a point of coming to Halkirk and need to see Clyne and his bairns too.

anneoctober
04-Jul-07, 00:26
Walden NY Orange County, Family wedding. Fly out next Tuesday. Can't wait, looking forward to seeing more of the States, been to Virginia & Maryland too many moons ago :~(
Maybe I'll see a "Weeburdie"........[lol]

WeeBurd
04-Jul-07, 00:33
Walden NY Orange County, Family wedding. Fly out next Tuesday. Can't wait, looking forward to seeing more of the States, been to Virginia & Maryland too many moons ago
Maybe I'll see a "Weeburdie"........

I heard there were WeeBurdies in Shebster today, Anne, but just passing through - blink and you'll miss us! [lol]

Jeemag_USA
04-Jul-07, 00:47
Walden NY Orange County, Family wedding. Fly out next Tuesday. Can't wait, looking forward to seeing more of the States, been to Virginia & Maryland too many moons ago :~(
Maybe I'll see a "Weeburdie"........[lol]

Hope you have fun, I have been to Virginai and Maryland too. I went to a wedding in Annapolis and it is one of the most beautiful towns I have ever visited, I actually imagined moving there it was so nice. Enjoy. I have visited friends in Walton NY, which is up in the Catskills, its realy beautiful up there.

oldmarine
04-Jul-07, 02:17

Hello Jeemag, sounds great. Do you ever get close to my hometown Fort Wayne, Indiana? I haven't been there for many years, but perhaps one of these days I'll make it there.

orkneylass
04-Jul-07, 08:14
... to Brittany for 2 days in Brest visiting their huge sea life centre, a week on the north coast in cottage with pool and then 5 days yacht sailing and training! And as they seem to have got Glasgow airport going again OK,should get down to Manchester this afternoon - holidays are always a bit of a marathon travelling from Orkney. My son has had big health problems this year but fortunately we now have a sucessful treatment, so I am really hoping he develops my love of sailing and we can do it together for many more years.

saxovtr
04-Jul-07, 08:40
im going away for a few days in august with my fiancee no where abroad tho just down the line away for a relaxing break!! will be going abroad summer next year!!

Maegwynn
04-Jul-07, 12:20
We're off on holiday in two weeks to Lyme Regis on the south west coast. We're going with my husbands parents for a week. It will be nice to get a way for a while with the baby and take in the sights. Maybe we'll find a fossil or two...or three!! :D

honey
04-Jul-07, 12:22
yep... im coming home to Thurso for a couple of days! cant wait, i havent been home since the start of march...

squidge
04-Jul-07, 12:30
Spent last weekend here

www.salenhotel.co.uk (http://www.salenhotel.co.uk)

Had a fabby time just a long weekend without the boys and before the baby arrives. Just what we needed as we wont get a long holiday this year with everything thats going on

Been re enacting this summer too - Mull, Evanton, Foulis Castle, Aberdeenshire, Linlithgow palace next weekend, Nairn so out and about and busy.

moncur
04-Jul-07, 12:45
T In The Park!

changilass
04-Jul-07, 13:16
Went to Cornwall for 2 weeks had a fantastic time with glorious sunshine but ended up coming home a day early due to the start ot the floods down south.

Will definately be going back sometime its a lovely place and the natives are very friendly.

rainbow
04-Jul-07, 20:27
Having a sun-drenched holiday in the Cyprus. Only a few hiccups - first we nearly got put on fire at Glasgow by some mindless idiots, then we spent hours not knowing what was happening - told to go to Prestwick - spent 100pounds on taxi to get there. Finally arrived 20hours late with no suitcases which were still at a standstill in Glasgow- got put to the wrong accommodation, but got moved the next day. We are now into day 5 of our holiday and our cases have turned up but we will not get them until tomorrow morning - Thomas Cook have been brill, and all we can do is laugh about it now - no point ruining the holiday any more. Still Cyprus is nice and we have escaped the never ending rain.

connieb19
04-Jul-07, 20:29
Edinburgh for a few days next month.

airdlass
04-Jul-07, 22:30
Going to Edinburgh in September for a week. :)Not long back from two weeks spent between Orkney and Caithness.:Razz

Fran
04-Jul-07, 23:42
Going to Amsterdam for a week any time now when himself is fit to travel.looking forward to it. I have a cousin there and havent seen him for 11 years so it will be nice to see him and meet his family.

lassieinfife
05-Jul-07, 11:24
Off to Tunisia for 2 weeks.......travel on day of scotlands summer 15th July

Tom Cornwall
05-Jul-07, 18:47
we're coming up to Wick in September. Taking a Norfolk couple up to show them the sights, and sounds of Caithness and possibly a day trip to Orkney.
maybe the weather will improve by then:)

LENSMAN
05-Jul-07, 18:49
Having a sun-drenched holiday in the Cyprus. Only a few hiccups - first we nearly got put on fire at Glasgow by some mindless idiots, then we spent hours not knowing what was happening - told to go to Prestwick - spent 100pounds on taxi to get there. Finally arrived 20hours late with no suitcases which were still at a standstill in Glasgow- got put to the wrong accommodation, but got moved the next day. We are now into day 5 of our holiday and our cases have turned up but we will not get them until tomorrow morning - Thomas Cook have been brill, and all we can do is laugh about it now - no point ruining the holiday any more. Still Cyprus is nice and we have escaped the never ending rain.

Do al-Qaeda realise what they've let themselves in for by upsetting you?
Enjoy the rest of the holiday, no point crying over spilt vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dadie
05-Jul-07, 18:50
we hired a cottage down in the peak district for a week and went through to Chester for a couple of day trips dont think we will get away again this year!

Bobbyian
10-Jul-07, 20:16
A few weeks back we visited Danzig in Poland and on the way back met a fellow countryman from Edinburgh on a Campingsite on the baltic coast in Kolberg then went onto the isle of Rugen which also has famous white cliffs but not as good as dare I mention it Dover. now its back on the grindstone in Bremen

karia
10-Jul-07, 20:27
Hi Folks,

We went to Caithness & sutherland!

Can highly recommend it.

Any of you familiar with the area ?;)

seriously nice!

Karia

Sandra_B
10-Jul-07, 21:04
We'll be spending a week at the beautiful Torran Cottage. We can't wait!!

horseman
10-Jul-07, 22:38
Rainbow, what an awful start to your holiday,but what a very positive attitude to it.:DMay it only get better, an pay no attention to any 'idjit' who says 'it may have been worse':) there is uaually one on this site.Cheers.

Sporran
11-Jul-07, 04:18
We're going to Nuestra Casa Blanca! ;)

johno
11-Jul-07, 13:07
just back from Bulgaria, brill, beer 40p a pint, sun 40% plus :cool:

brew
11-Jul-07, 13:21
Just come back from Grannys in Embo. Girlfriends family get together. was about 25 of us from age 2-70. was a good laugh, didn't rain too much. cant wait to go back.

WeeBurd
12-Jul-07, 00:29
Revisiting this one - courtesy of Ryanair and their sale today, me and MrBurd are off on a shortbreak to Dublin in November (MrBurd's birthday). Costing us next to nowt, so I'm feeling jolly pleased!:D

bosco
12-Jul-07, 11:59
just back from kincasslagh, co donegal in southern ireland, attending a wedding, ended up making a holiday of it and rented a house for two weeks,very nice part of the country:cool:

riggerboy
12-Jul-07, 15:50
were just back form a week on the caley canal, hired a cabin cruiser and had a great time, recommend it to any 1

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-07, 19:02
Going to Cheshire in two weeks then onto Stoke on Trent to visit friends. We will head for Alton Towers as the kids preffered it to Euro Disney. :D

Tom Cornwall
12-Jul-07, 19:37
we're coming to Caithness in September. and taking a couple of friends from down here, to see what it's like. And if it's really true what we've been telling people about the place. Hope the weather's fine.:)

wild1
13-Jul-07, 07:47
Going to Canada in september and I can't wait long flight though be worth it though

oldmarine
14-Jul-07, 04:32
My wife drives to Estes Park, Colorado in the high Rocky Mountains next Saturday for 10 days to join her girl college class mates for her reunion.

I will fly to Nashville, Tennessee late September to join my WWII Marine comrades for our annual reunion.

soccermom
14-Jul-07, 08:44
Always fancied the Grand Canyon and Arizona for a holiday but it's Turkey this year - hopefully lots of sun, sea and sports... Been a few years since I last went to Turkey - wonder if it's changed much. Seems ridiculously expensive to get passports for all the kids and us for the States but we'll have to bite the bullet next year as the current ones expire then.

rainbow
15-Jul-07, 22:02
Do al-Qaeda realise what they've let themselves in for by upsetting you?
Enjoy the rest of the holiday, no point crying over spilt vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha HA Lensman - very funny - you know I have a sense of humour. It wasn't me crying over spilt vodka - but it was you know who!!!!! We got back in one piece - just. Hope you caught plenty of fish on your oversesa holiday.

Margaret M.
16-Jul-07, 02:49
This time next week I'll be over the Atlantic on my way to sunny Caithness.

dunderheed
16-Jul-07, 16:32
i am currently sitting in the lounge area awaiting my transfer to the airport .
im in the altamar appartments and will bore you all with the pics later this week.
gran canaria has been really warm this time with two days into the 40īs (thats over 100 in old money).
back to work 7am weds .
oh and the drama on the way out with being booked to stay at glasgow airport the night after the attack.