PDA

View Full Version : Cool Pools: 'E Trinkie

WeeBurd
03-Jul-07, 23:11
Well, I've just spent the evening perusing my monthly bible, that is Elle magazine. Oh, how I love my Elle! I've drooled over the latest looks for Autumn/Winter 2007, I've mentally scanned my wardrobe to see what items I need to invest in, I've gasped at the latest gorgeous lippy's. And I've now reached the travel section, where I have to gaze longingly at all sorts of glamorous places I'll never get to visit. Wait a minute.... what's this I find...

COOL POOLS Kate Raw discovers the best places in the UK to take a dip this summer...

Quote: Trinkie Outdoor Pool, Caithness. This outdoor seawater pool is cut into the rock and repainted white every year. It's a cold dip. even in the summer, so take a sweater as well as a bbq. Enq: caithness.org.

Prepare yersels Wick, for an invasion of the trendies this summer! [lol]

gollach
04-Jul-07, 01:03
COOL POOLS Kate Raw discovers the best places in the UK to take a dip this summer...

Quote: Trinkie Outdoor Pool, Caithness. This outdoor seawater pool is cut into the rock and repainted white every year. It's a cold dip. even in the summer, so take a sweater as well as a bbq. Enq: caithness.org.

Prepare yersels Wick, for an invasion of the trendies this summer! [lol]

OMG :eek:

Jeemag_USA
04-Jul-07, 01:35
My mum always used to go on about the Trinkie all the time and how great it was. We would never go into it because we always said that weekers pee'd in it to keep the Teanabowlies away, funny I know but what are bairns like [lol]

Someone also told me there was crabs in there and I didna fancy that.

Lolabelle
04-Jul-07, 07:35
Well I won't be going swimming in the trinkie or anywhere else in Caithness unless you get some warmer weather. I don't even swim here unless it's over 40 degrees. I think you folk will need a heat wave to entice me into the North Sea, or even any where near it. Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr[lol]
The blue face is from the cold and it's not laughing, but has chattering teeth. LOL :lol:

Maegwynn
04-Jul-07, 12:06
Wow! Thats quite funny...im just trying to picture some A lister trying to get to the trinkie!!!:lol: Lol!! We used to go swimming in Lybster harbour when we were younger...i cant believe how crazy we were!!!! It was freezing but every year as soon as a tiny bit of sun came we'd be down there jumping in.:lol:

seren
04-Jul-07, 12:11
:lol: it's amazing how kids don't notice the cold. we stick our kids in wetsuits and they're off and away in any temperature of water.
had a look at pictures of the trinkie - it does look blimmin' cold!! what an amazing work of restoration though! :D

gollach
04-Jul-07, 15:04
Someone also told me there was crabs in there and I didna fancy that.

I thought the salt water would have killed them off?

horseman
05-Jul-07, 22:27
Very fond memories, there an the north baths.An I still cann'y 'swim' but it was so much innocent fun.:)