PDA

View Full Version : Lunatic dog

veekay
03-Jul-07, 16:17
Does anyone know who is the owner of the lunatic dog that has just attacked my car? I was driving from Wick towards Lyth and just before the 30mph sign a collie jumped out of hiding and tried to attack my tyres. The thing was waiting in ambush. The police said there is nothing they can do BUT if I had hit it they would have wanted to speak to me. They obviously don't read the highway code where it states in rule 42 Do not let a dog out on the road on its own.

fudge100
03-Jul-07, 17:42
that's all the police up here seem to say(there's nothing we can do about it). for example my sister in law was having trouble with someone trying to break into her out building, not for the first time. at the time she was living on her own with two young children under five. on this particular night she was sitting watching tv when she heard an intruder trying to kick the out building door in.she then heard someone trying to get in her back door.the police were called and guess what they told her? yes you've got it there's nothing we can do about it.not happy with this answer she called the police in inverness who got back to wick police and repremanded them, and told them to get back and take finger prints,which they did. wick police also tried to tell my sister in law that they were short staffed which according to inverness when she phoned them was'nt true. so if i was you and you'r not happy with what the police said i would get on to a higher authority in inverness before an accident happens as there must be some law against irresponsible dog owners.

Solus
03-Jul-07, 17:51
Heard this before about police being to busy !!

I read this once, dont know if its true and i dont have the guts to try but......... If you think you got someone breaking into your shed/garage etc and they give you the old story about how busy they are, we will get someone round to you asap ! call back a few minutes later and say " its ok, I just shot the intruder "

Rest assured you will have cars screeching to a halt outside your house

If they ask about the shot intruder answer " i thought you were to busy "

nicnak
03-Jul-07, 23:26
Hi Veekay I see where you are coming from but is it not a rule that you are quoting (Rule 42) from the highway code not a law? Therefore the police will not take action but I bet if you had injured the dog they sure would take action then - but it would be against you.

veekay
04-Jul-07, 18:26
I bet if you had injured the dog they sure would take action then - but it would be against you

That is what they implied Nicnak. I was wondering where the owner stands as reguard dangerous dogs act. That covers any dog out of control ( nad this dog had no-one with it to control it) in a public place. Has anyone else come across the blighter ( hows that for an old fashioned word)

dook
08-Jul-07, 13:32
that's all the police up here seem to say(there's nothing we can do about it). for example my sister in law was having trouble with someone trying to break into her out building, not for the first time. at the time she was living on her own with two young children under five. on this particular night she was sitting watching tv when she heard an intruder trying to kick the out building door in.she then heard someone trying to get in her back door.the police were called and guess what they told her? yes you've got it there's nothing we can do about it.not happy with this answer she called the police in inverness who got back to wick police and repremanded them, and told them to get back and take finger prints,which they did. wick police also tried to tell my sister in law that they were short staffed which according to inverness when she phoned them was'nt true. so if i was you and you'r not happy with what the police said i would get on to a higher authority in inverness before an accident happens as there must be some law against irresponsible dog owners.

Just a bit confused as why an Inverness officer would be able to reprimand anyone from a different area, or infact why the same person would supply members of the public with staffing levels from a different area. Unfortunately it appears that one lazy person gives a whole profession a bad name.

Personally I would call the dog wardens who are actually paid to catch errant dogs. That'll cut out all the problems associated with the obviously incompetent police.