PDA

View Full Version : Bignold Park

Ojibwa
30-Jun-05, 14:41
Hi I took my kids to plsy at the Bignold Park this morning but there were workmen cutting down all the play equipment. Does anyone know what is going on ?

Elena
30-Jun-05, 17:15
Some of the structures which have rusted badly are going to be replaced or fixed by the manufacturers.

katarina
30-Jun-05, 17:51
Some of the structures which have rusted badly are going to be replaced or fixed by the manufacturers.

phew! I thought for a moment the council had made good on their threat to close all the playparks!

AllanT
30-Jun-05, 19:04
Sorry for any inconvenience but as Elena said the two climbing frame structures were rusting at an alarming rate for being only two years old. The Community group responsible for the park took this up with the supplier who immediately accepted responsibility and are currently putting it right.

The supplier confirmed they had a problem with their manufacturing process two years ago but thought they had caught all the units involved but obviously a couple escaped up North!

Hopefully everything will be as good as new for the start of the school holidays.

The Play Areas group have also ordered a slide which fits onto the roplay unit and hopefully that will appear in the near future just to finish off the park.