PDA

View Full Version : Is my child safe nowhere

macca
02-Jul-07, 20:35
I am absolutly fuming mad tonight i live in thurso springpark area, last year the man who abused my daughter for about 3 years was up in court last year, people reading this will most likely no who im refering to, well he got put the the sex offenders register and given community service all because he pleaded guilty to 1 offence. Well now to add insult to injury they all planning to rehouse him even nearer to me and my family and where he is going to be going he will have to come down past my house, so how on earth will this make my 9 year old daughter feel, she is already to scared to go and play near where he lives at the moment with her friends so how on earth is she going to feel knowing that this man is just up the road a liile bit. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE JUSTICE IS IN THIS:mad::mad:

connieb19
02-Jul-07, 20:38
It's disgusting, I hope you manage to get something sorted out. Sometimes it feels as if the law is on the side of the criminal. [evil]

botheed
02-Jul-07, 20:58
[quote=macca;237472]I am absolutly fuming mad tonight i live in thurso springpark area, last year the man who abused my daughter for about 3 years was up in court last year, people reading this will most likely no who im refering to, well he got put the the sex offenders register and given community service all because he pleaded guilty to 1 offence. Well now to add insult to injury they all planning to rehouse him even nearer to me and my family and where he is going to be going he will have to come down past my house, so how on earth will this make my 9 year old daughter feel, she is already to scared to go and play near where he lives at the moment with her friends so how on earth is she going to feel knowing that this man is just up the road a liile bit. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE JUSTICE IS IN THIS:mad:

EDDIE
02-Jul-07, 21:14
Well i would say to the council if they dont rehouse the sicko somewere else i will make sure everyone in the area knows about him see what they say to that

DarkAngel
02-Jul-07, 21:23
Gosh..Thats not right at all! They obvioulsy havent taken in to consideration how yer Daughter must be feeling! How they can rehouse him nearer to you?!?! Its a blooming Joke! Whats happening to our society these days!!![mad]:confused:

justine
02-Jul-07, 21:27
Its not right.You could try getting an injuction out on him.Seeking a solicitor and if he is good you will get one no problem.This would then restrict the council in the distance that they can rehome him.....I cannot say that this is so in scotland but it is possible in england....I am so sorry that you and your family had to go through this, and they should have hung him, but i would go seek some help, the law is on your side with this........:)

sam
02-Jul-07, 21:33
I am absolutly fuming mad tonight i live in thurso springpark area, last year the man who abused my daughter for about 3 years was up in court last year, people reading this will most likely no who im refering to, well he got put the the sex offenders register and given community service all because he pleaded guilty to 1 offence. Well now to add insult to injury they all planning to rehouse him even nearer to me and my family and where he is going to be going he will have to come down past my house, so how on earth will this make my 9 year old daughter feel, she is already to scared to go and play near where he lives at the moment with her friends so how on earth is she going to feel knowing that this man is just up the road a liile bit. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE JUSTICE IS IN THIS:mad::mad:

Why dont you start a petition in Spring Park and even take matters up with your local MP, I know the guy you mean we used to live not far from him and there are so many kids in that area its hellish that he is allowed to be there.
It sometimes feels that the likes of him are better protected than the victims but if you make enough noise in the right place's someone will listen

katarina
02-Jul-07, 21:45
this is absolutely disgusting! He should be locked up for good! the likes of that never get better - I often wonder about the judges who pass the sentences. And to house him near you? this can't be right! Kick up the biggest stink you can. Go to the press. go to your MP. Go to the queen if you have to -but don't let it rest.

sms
02-Jul-07, 22:01
There is no justice in this world the sick pervert should have been locked up with the key thrown away not rehoused near you. Your daughter has gone through enough and doesnt need the reminder walking past her home. Go and get help from authority.

Thinking of you and your daughter.

horseman
02-Jul-07, 22:08
macca that is to awful to contemplate.
You do have rights, go to the people who are there to help you. Social sevices,please don't under estimate their power.
Someone has messed up here,it's within your reach to put it right,but get active, an go for the throat,your MP,next to social s, he's the guy who may be your best bet. I shall be watching this,if you need someone to swear with, pm me. We'v been there. Me an jo.;)

corgiman
02-Jul-07, 22:44
considering there are 4 childminders in the immediate area I think we have good reason to say no way!!!!!!!!

Lolabelle
02-Jul-07, 22:58
Start jumping up and down, and don't stop until you get a good result. The like of him won't just go away. You and your family deserve some peace of mind and you might have to fight for it. But you should keep fighting and making a noise and fighting till you do. It's for you daughter and others in the area.
Keep up us all posted. Start a petition on here, we will all back you.

changilass
02-Jul-07, 23:09
Just playing devils advocate here and wondering where people suggest this man should be put.

It is pretty obvious he should not be put near the family as this is gonna be hell for the wee girl.

Do we put him in a totally different area where people are unaware of his past and are less likely to be on the watch.

Do we go down the route of disclosing his past to everyone in the area he moves to.

Do we leave him where he is, where he is known and folks are aware of the dangers.

Or last but not least do we simply lock him up and throw away the keys,

bluelady
02-Jul-07, 23:30
when i lived in England there was a paedo that lived in the street i worked in who was sent to jail for abusing loads of kids in the village. He was due to be released back to his home which he owned, but was next door to one of his young victims. all the village and the surrounding area filled in a petition and her mother went to the press, her MP etc. Such was the power behind all this that he was prevented in returning to the area and was forced to sell his home. Im sure if you start a petition the majority of us will sign. You daughter should not be forced to suffer again :mad:

anneoctober
03-Jul-07, 00:41
This guy gave up his "rights" the minute he THOUGHT about abusing your wee girl. These people never change. You have to stand up for your family and let your daughter know that she's your priority and more importantly, that she is safe. It's really hard to stand up and be counted, but believe me you will NOT be alone. I'd definately sign a petition, I've got grandchildren living in Thurso and I wish them and all kids to be safe from this form of low life[evil]

lasher
03-Jul-07, 07:39
Just playing devils advocate here and wondering where people suggest this man should be put.

It is pretty obvious he should not be put near the family as this is gonna be hell for the wee girl.

Do we put him in a totally different area where people are unaware of his past and are less likely to be on the watch.

Do we go down the route of disclosing his past to everyone in the area he moves to.

Do we leave him where he is, where he is known and folks are aware of the dangers.

I've got a suggestion where to put him, 6ft under![evil]

lassieinfife
03-Jul-07, 08:03
I've got a suggestion where to put him, 6ft under![evil]

Next door to the social workers...

NickInTheNorth
03-Jul-07, 08:14
have you tried contacting your local Councillor, they might have some useful input...

ŠAmethyst
03-Jul-07, 08:45
Well i would say to the council if they dont rehouse the sicko somewere else i will make sure everyone in the area knows about him see what they say to that

Also castration might be an idea.

A 9 YEAR-OLD!!! She's too young to even know what abuse is, and now, unfortunately she does.

Macca, I'm sorry to hear that your daughter and, indeed, your whole family has had to go through this.

If there's anything I, or anyone else on the forum can do for you... let us know! I'm sure the rest of us will be able to at least support you in some small way.

brandy
03-Jul-07, 08:48
their are no clear answers here.. except one.. he should not be rehomed near his vicitims, other children, schools or play areas where there will def. be unsupervised children. i would def. say to lock him away. even if its in a mental institute. it sounds as if he has preyed upon several children in the past and is unlikley to change his behavior.
heres a question for you, what happens when this person that is living just down the street from his victim, filling her with fear and anguish to the point that the parent snaps and does something?
who is to blame, the state that put him near his victim, the peadiophile, or the poor parent who has watched their most precious thing in the world slowly slide into themselves, and become a shell of the person they once were, to the point they are to afraid to live?

badger
03-Jul-07, 12:00
There is no answer to what to do with these people except to keep them locked away for the rest of their lives as apparently they cannot be "cured". I find it very frightening that there are so many now, it's like some horrible disease spreading. I totally sympathise with you wanting him as far away as possible and I cannot believe they have rehoused him near you but it's the not the first time someone has been allowed back near their victim. That should never be allowed. Your MSP has a clinic in Thurso on Friday afternoon - see What's On. It's time the law was changed.

BRIE
03-Jul-07, 12:20
what the heck is this man doing still walking the streets!! he should of been locked up for life!! I cant understand todays justice system !
my heart goes out to your daughter how can she possibly ever get over this is that man is still in your area[evil]

lin
03-Jul-07, 14:02
Oh this post has made me so angry!! Whats going on?? This guy has no right to live near any children, he should be locked up with all the other perverts in this world!! Its Botheeds nine year old and her family thats suffeing not the abuser. Brandy is right what if the parents snaps and does something to this pervert, then who is to blame??
I dont no the answer to this but my sympathys goes out to Botheeds and her family.

katarina
03-Jul-07, 17:53

You got it right with your last sentence.

dook
04-Jul-07, 10:59

Nightmare scenario. When's the move meant to take place? Is it definate or just rumour?

honey
04-Jul-07, 12:06
this is sickening. I no longer live in Thurso, but my mam does, as does my sister and my young neice. I have been told about this "man" (i use the term losely) and it angers me that he is housed so near young children (isnt he near the swing park)

but you have more right tham most to be livid. the human right lot go on about the criminals human rights, but what about our basic human rights of being able to bring our kids up safe..

im so sorry your daughter has to go through this hell.. i hope something is done.

i also echo the sentiment of amethyst.. if theres anything we can do. i may not live in thurso any more, but its still my home, which i bring my sons to regularly... im actually gonna be there in 2 weeks with them both!

corgiman
04-Jul-07, 12:09
I have since heard that it was planned to move him but it is no longer planned and he will be staying where he is for now.

Ricco
04-Jul-07, 20:12

Yup... put him in the locker - Davey Jones locker!

katarina
04-Jul-07, 21:12
heres a question for you, what happens when this person that is living just down the street from his victim, filling her with fear and anguish to the point that the parent snaps and does something?
who is to blame, the state that put him near his victim, the peadiophile, or the poor parent who has watched their most precious thing in the world slowly slide into themselves, and become a shell of the person they once were, to the point they are to afraid to live?

Are the powers that be, or in fact the guy himself, not afraid of vigilante action here? Or maybe that's what they're hoping for. If he was to disappear some dark night that would remove the problem - wouldn't it?

ŠAmethyst
04-Jul-07, 22:38
I no longer live in Thurso, but my mam does, as does my sister and my young neice.

Do you ever feel like calling them just to make sure they're okay when you hear about things like this? I do call - every time.

My mum and young sister are in Thurso and I worry about the lass sooooo much!

So naive - I told her the word gullible wasn't in the dictionary so she said, "I know, I already checked!"

We're always silly on the phone but I don't like my reason for calling sometimes.

How do you explain to yer ma that you're calling to make sure nothing so awful's happened to the wee one (I say wee, she's nearly as tall as me!)