PDA

View Full Version : Missing

DarkAngel
02-Jul-07, 12:00
MISSING BIG ROUND YELLOW THING USUALLY FLOATS AROUND IN THE SKY, ANSWERS TO THE NAME "SUN" IF YOU SEE HIM TELL HM ITS BLOODY JULY!!! [lol]

noodle
02-Jul-07, 15:59
He's turned up over Thurso :)

Jeemag_USA
02-Jul-07, 16:10
Feel sorry for you guys, my mum called yesterday after coming back frmo a wee camping trip down the east coast of Scotland, she said at one point last week the thermometer showed 4 degrees. I can't believe that.

It has been hot warm and sunny since end of April here, we once didn't get rain for almost three weeks which was really bad, the ground was getting scorched.

Its supposed to be 91F here on Wednesday 4th july holiday, I will be out for a game of Golf early before the burning heart arrives :Razz

Angela
02-Jul-07, 16:19
He was here for about ten minutes this morning :)...before the rain chased him away again....[evil]

helenwyler
02-Jul-07, 16:29
I'm reporting a brief glimpse of the sun down in st albans this afternoon due to hole in the clouds.
I heard on the news this morning it was the wettest June since 1914 and with slightly above average temps. Well it certainly wasn't a flamin' June down here!:(

Solus
02-Jul-07, 16:55
I have to report a brief appearance of Mr Sun yesterday afternoon.

It would seem though that Mr Sun has got a sense of humour !! I ran, pulled on my leathers, grabbed helmet, unlocked garage, started bike up and wheeled it out only to be met by a few drops of rain, no problem i thought its only a few drops, sky is still blue and headed off to my favortie stretch of road.

Hmmm 20 minutes from home the blue sky turned grey, Mr Sun gave me a wry smile as he swiftly retreated behind the forming clouds and then the heavens opened ! :(

Its nice here today in Aberdeen, so may try my luck this evening.

DarkAngel
02-Jul-07, 21:17
He just doesnt want to play this year! :(

horseman
02-Jul-07, 22:28
There is a tiny bit of a plus,I don't get 'dragged' off to a car boot 'first' thing in the morning.;)

seren
03-Jul-07, 09:25
my biggest gripe about the lack of sun and constant rain is i haven't had chance to do the lawn or hedge. we can no longer see over the garden hedge and the kids are getting lost in the grass :roll:

Lolabelle
03-Jul-07, 10:32
I think you'll find that he is down here. Seems to wants to hang in southern skies. Almost balmy today. Which is really nice as it has been quite chilly for the last couple of days. Hope he pops back up your way for some summer weather for you folk.

DarkAngel
07-Jul-07, 11:19
Well Mr Sun aint visitng up here today..What awful weather for July!!! :(

helenwyler
07-Jul-07, 11:55
he's down here today and it's very warm:Razz - I'll be sending him up there asap!

NLP
07-Jul-07, 12:11
Could do with Mr sun this afternoon the little one is going to a garden party. :(

Liz
07-Jul-07, 14:36
Maybe he is trying all his hats on and can't choose which to wear!!!:lol:

He teased us by coming out all day yesterday and has now disappeared again!!!
Getting really fed up with this yucky weather now!
Who do we complain to?

cuddlepop
07-Jul-07, 15:12
Mr Sun definatly not hiding here,weather is awful its neither wet nor dry for very long.
One week in of the kids holiday's and still haven't had a full dry day.
Tourists thin on the ground too :( feel sorry for the BB ladys who rely on this summer income to see them through the winter.

brandy
07-Jul-07, 15:31
im thinking of building a boat today!

Lolabelle
07-Jul-07, 19:46
He has left our skies, we are back to rainy and miserable. I have washing piled to the ceiling and I am looking forward to some nice windy weather to get it dry double quick. :(

Ricco
07-Jul-07, 20:09
Dark Angel - hey.... Mr Sun has been down here all day. He dropped in early this morning and apart from popping out a couple of times he hung around all day. Great company and a joy to be with. Nice guy... asked him to pop up and see you tomorrow. ;)

karia
07-Jul-07, 20:24
Hi Ricco!

The big yellow guy you're seeing, not Homer Simpson by any chance??;)

It ain't gonna happen here mate.:(

The shops are reducing everything without a polo neck & sleeves!

Edinb. woolen mill...here we come!!

OMG, My life is over!

Karia

Ricco
07-Jul-07, 20:26
Hi Ricco!

The big yellow guy you're seeing, not Homer Simpson by any chance??

It ain't gonna happen here mate.:(

The shops are reducing everything without a polo neck & sleeves!

Edinb. woolen mill...here we come!!

OMG, My life is over!

Karia

Ah, Karia. You must have some faith. Wait until tomorrow; summer will come along, wait and see. ;)

Victoria
08-Jul-07, 00:24
We've had the sun down here today Dark Angel - I'll send him up to you for tomorrow (its only fair that we share him about!) xxx

Angela
08-Jul-07, 08:45
He appeared here lateish yesterday...went to bed for the night, as he does ...but is up bright & early this morning!:)

Wonder what we have to do to make him stay? :confused

paris
08-Jul-07, 08:49
Its sunday morning and here in lincs the sun is out already and its only 8.30 am , gonna be a beaut of a day. yesterday was the same warm and sunny. Hope you peeps get some sun today, it sure makes you feel good after all the rain/flooding we had last week. jan x

Ricco
08-Jul-07, 20:26
So, Karia. Did you see Mr Sun and did he have his hat on? :D

paris
08-Jul-07, 20:48
Wow !!! what a beautiful day weve had, hot and sunny but weve got a bad storm forcast for this evening, just had a few spatters of rain but its stopped and the sun is just going down. hope you all had a nice day ! jan x

Angela
08-Jul-07, 21:09
Mr Sun is still here -can scarcely believe it! 9 p.m. and a beautiful clear blue sky! :)

Reminds me of....summer? :eek:

DarkAngel
08-Jul-07, 21:16
The weather we are having for July is dreadfull! :( I love the sun!!

helenwyler
08-Jul-07, 21:47
Sorry you've been missing the sun darkangel:( - we have too for weeks down here - such a bad June - but the last few days have been glorious here, so it's your turn soon surely!

karia
08-Jul-07, 22:05
So, Karia. Did you see Mr Sun and did he have his hat on? :D

Aye!, and a bunnet and twa scarves, knitted gloves, and a real 'bitter' expression on his wee blue face!

What a guy!!;)

Karia

karia
08-Jul-07, 22:13
Angela,..please tell me you are joking!

I'm 25 miles from you,..and it's shocking here,..was in crammond yesterday,
lovely!

But Falkirk,....!:roll:

karia umberella:)

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 22:27
Well, if it is any consolation to you good people, it is bucketing down here, freezing cold and I am not going outside for anything. So Mr Sun is not sneaking off down here today, but I wish he would.:~(

karia
08-Jul-07, 22:43
Oh Lolabelle'

We are trying hard to feel your pain!

But being dry and sorta warm is such a big adventure for us !!

Does it get any better?!!:D

karia

Lolabelle
08-Jul-07, 22:48
I will let you know when summer come to the south Karia, should be about 35 - 40c in december. Or we could have a Caithness summer and only get to about 20c. :lol:

DarkAngel
09-Jul-07, 15:17
Looks like all my moaning has done the deed,,,Mr sun is out today and he has got his hat on..Hip Hip HIp Hooray!!!! What a lovely day! Just back from the beach..Its quiet busy aswell!

brandy
09-Jul-07, 15:24
yup most def. and he even gave me a burn for all my moaning! *G* had enough sence to put sun screen on the kids but not me!

DarkAngel
09-Jul-07, 22:55
Aww..hope yer sunburn aint too bad Brandy..Nothing worse than sunburn!!!!:(

brandy
09-Jul-07, 22:58
i kid you not angel i am hurting tonight! and thats after using half a bottle of after sun!!even my silk robe is sore!
its my back neck and sholders!