PDA

View Full Version : Concert for Diana

changilass
01-Jul-07, 22:43
Did anyone else watch this, there was something for everyone it was great.

corgiman
01-Jul-07, 22:44
it was absolutely brilliant:D

highlander
01-Jul-07, 23:02
Fantastic concert, she was such a beautiful woman and changed our ideas of the monarchy, she showed up some of the parasites who think we owe them a living.

Margaret M.
02-Jul-07, 14:00
Great show -- I especially liked P Diddy. I wonder why the Princes William and Harry could not memorize the few words they had to say. They looked kinda silly reading a basic thank you from cards in their hands.

MadPict
02-Jul-07, 14:13
Maybe the prospect of standing up in front of 63,000 people made it seem like a good idea?......

honey
02-Jul-07, 16:05
i thought it was brilliant.. loved the ballet, welled up at P Diddy and Take That were worth the wait!!!!!

The princes did their mum proud!

floyed
02-Jul-07, 16:55
I watched most of it and thought it was really great loved The Feeling, Joss Stone, Lily Allen and the best one for me was P.Diddy's - Ill be missing you it was fab:)

Ricky Gervais's dance had me laughing for ages hehe!!:lol:

Maegwynn
02-Jul-07, 20:28
We thought it was brill! Ricky was soo funny we couldnt stop laughing! Im quite ashamed to say that i really enjoyed Take Thats performance!!:roll: Im a rock music type of gal but i enjoyed most of the show...although Status Quo were quite bad!!! The ballet was really well done, but my favourite part was the Andrew Lloyd Webber medley. Ever since high school ive been a huge fan of musicals (i think it was all the singing in Mrs Hutchinsons class that did it!!). Sarah Brightman is still an inspiration!!:D

Foxy
02-Jul-07, 20:41
The concert was great :D, the only bad moment was status quo's singing. :roll:

horseman
02-Jul-07, 22:37
No complaints it was like the lady herself-blinking marvellous.:)

Lolabelle
02-Jul-07, 23:02
We haven't had it here yet, but after these rave reveiws I will definately have to watch it. If only to see Status Quo do a bad job. Which is a shame as I used to really like them in the 70/80's, or when ever it was.

celtic 302
02-Jul-07, 23:30
personally i thought it was rubbish, but then again the artists there did/do nothing for me.

ps. ricky gervais is a comedian with a fault... hes not funny...

wild1
02-Jul-07, 23:33
A real good concert good to see her memory lives on and all those good causes that she has supported are going to benefit well worth watching

bluelady
02-Jul-07, 23:35
it still brings a tear to my eye when i see footage of Diana. She may have had her faults but dont we all, she brought so much joy to so many just by her presence, i think she should be remebered:Razz

anneoctober
03-Jul-07, 00:27
Watched most of the concert, our son in law , rather inconveniently had a birthday bash same day [smirk] However the silver lining was that I missed Satus Quo :lol: Excellent concert, the boys did their mum proud, hopefully they will carry on her charity work.

Lolabelle
03-Jul-07, 01:07
We haven't had it here yet, but after these rave reveiws I will definately have to watch it. If only to see Status Quo do a bad job. Which is a shame as I used to really like them in the 70/80's, or when ever it was.

Just got in from walking the dogs with my sister. And it seems that I missed it. Over here it was on last night and I didn't know. But she said all the old rockers were pathetic, jumping around trying to do young things when they were no longer up to it. I'm sorry I didn't get to make my own mind up. Maybe they will replay it sometime. I hope so. :(

mccaugm
03-Jul-07, 22:24
it still brings a tear to my eye when i see footage of Diana. She may have had her faults but dont we all, she brought so much joy to so many just by her presence, i think she should be remebered:Razz

I was the same, when Elton opened the show I started bubbling, amazing that one woman can do that to me ten years after her untimely death. The Princes did a great job, glad to see they take more after their fun loving mum that their dour old man (and his kin). Thought the show was fantastic and it seemed that everyone who talked about her said the same thing that she could put anyone at ease.

oldmarine
04-Jul-07, 04:17
My wife and I enjoyed every minute of it. It brought back old memories of the princess and her two boys.

futurelegends
04-Jul-07, 20:27
Bryan Ferry & Rod the Mod were Excellent.