PDA

View Full Version : How did yours go.Marriage Proposal...

justine
01-Jul-07, 13:01
I am more bringing it up as i have just read that apparently Tony Blair proposed to Cherie whilst cleaning the toilet on holiday in italy in 1979...Now not the most romantic setting......

I have to admit that i sent my hubby a txt message, and he agreed, and it was the best thing that i could have done.....So now how did you/or were you proposed to....:lol:

Angela
01-Jul-07, 13:43
My hubby (not yet my hubby, obviously) and I were spending a weekend in Cambridge...we'd gone off to look at different shops and agreed when and where to meet up.
I saw him approaching in the distance, he waved and smiled, and as he walked towards me, he said "I think we should get married".
Later, he did get down on one knee, and ask me if I would do him the honour etc, and of course I said YES! Not a difficult decision...but certainly one of the best I've ever made and never regretted... :)

poppett
01-Jul-07, 15:37
"Are we doing anything on 20th November?" He asked

"Don`t think so, why?" I replied

"It`s my birthday, we could get married that day" He said

The above conversation took place on my birthday in February. Before we had booked the registry office my friend`s daughter who was to be our flower girl announced she had seen the perfect dress in C&A.....it fitted her NOW but if we didn`t get married until November she would have grown out of it. The wedding was brought forward until July.

Like Angela we have never regretted a minute of our time together

Metalattakk
01-Jul-07, 15:41
Mine was beaten out of me with sticks. I ended up with a broken neck. Haven't looked back since though...

horseman
01-Jul-07, 15:52
Lovely post. Wish I could remember that far back. But I will say,may you all have as wonderful A time as me an jo are having now:D:).

justine
01-Jul-07, 18:02
Lovely post. Wish I could remember that far back. But I will say,may you all have as wonderful A time as me an jo are having now:D:).

And may you and jo have many more years, hope i can keep mine for as long as you...What is the secret......(only clean suggestions please...)

nicnak
01-Jul-07, 18:03
I proposed to my hubby over the radio on a leap year and he had to phone in with his reply- thank goodness he accepted and we are still very happy after lots of years together!

j4bberw0ck
01-Jul-07, 18:21
I am more bringing it up as i have just read that apparently Tony Blair proposed to Cherie whilst cleaning the toilet on holiday in italy in 1979...

Could she hear him ok while he forced her head round the u-bend?

justine
01-Jul-07, 18:34
Could she hear him ok while he forced her head round the u-bend?

I should think not....And i guess she stopped listening to him then coz she still aint listening....

karia
01-Jul-07, 21:28
Ha ha! Love it j4bberwOk, such a lovely vision!
Fair brought a 'flush' to my cheeks.:lol:

I had to go to drastic lengths to get OH to propose.

We've been together pretty much forever, but it took me breaking my kneecap to convince him that actually if I was okay to live with whilst in plaster from hip to toe, I might be a real joy under half way reasonable circumstances.:roll:

Quite a test!

Karia

Ricco
01-Jul-07, 22:01
I proposed to my girlfriend whilst we were walking along the Thames river, after several months of dating. Thank goodness she said 'yes'. ;)

cullbucket
01-Jul-07, 22:01
I proposed to my wife on top of Ben Loyal, I even had a wee bottle of champagne and glasses to go with the ring. She never had a clue it was coming...... Now she says I haven't done anything romantic since that day....

horseman
01-Jul-07, 22:26
"Are we doing anything on 20th November?" He asked

"Don`t think so, why?" I replied

"It`s my birthday, we could get married that day" He said

The above conversation took place on my birthday in February. Before we had booked the registry office my friend`s daughter who was to be our flower girl announced she had seen the perfect dress in C&A.....it fitted her NOW but if we didn`t get married until November she would have grown out of it. The wedding was brought forward until July.

Like Angela we have never regretted a minute of our time together

Terrific,all the best to you all.:D

paris
01-Jul-07, 22:27
Another leap year marrage proposal, i asked him at a rock concert and he just said yes so we did ! :lol:

horseman
01-Jul-07, 22:35
And may you and jo have many more years, hope i can keep mine for as long as you...What is the secret......(only clean suggestions please...)

I dunno' justine.Theres obviously an answer somewhere, an if I knew what it was, I would make millions...:roll: We all know how many you have:)me an jo have seven.Faboulous.

Lolabelle
02-Jul-07, 11:01
Leap year for us too. We were in the truck and Dave hadn't slept much and needed to, so we pulled up and got into the bunk for Dave to have a bit of sleep. I said, "Does this mean you want to marry me?"
And Dave said "Yeah"
So we did, get married that is. We got married one year and one week after we met, and that will be 11 years on the 19th July and our 10 wedding aniversary in on the 26th of July.

thickrodney
02-Jul-07, 20:43
IT'S OUR 15TH ANNIVERSRY 2MORO.

I inserted my marriage proposal in an after 8 mint whilst on holiday with my then girlfriend (now wife) on the isle of skye.

She still has the proposal.

btw, I had to ask her to borrow a pen and she never noticed me writing it out and slipping it (THE PROPOSAL) in the mint.

LOL

WeeBurd
02-Jul-07, 23:50
MrBurd: "I'll tell you what, love, if Ranger's win the treble, I'll marry ya"
MsBurd: "hmmmppphhhhh"

Fast forward a couple of months... sitting in the bowling alley, after a few drinks, boys watching the footie at the bar, girls sitting at the table gossiping. Suddenly the place errupts in roars, as Ranger's win the game, and subsequently the treble. MrBurd weezes over to the girls table, and bends down to whisper into MsBurd's ear.

MrBurd: "Well, how about it, love?"
MsBurd: "giggle giggle"

Fast forward to next morning when Mr & Ms Burd wake up with hang overs.

MsBurd: "Did you actually mean what you said last night :confused?"
MrBurd: "What? What did I say?"

Fortunately he did, and after a long engagement, we'll be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary this year. Not the most romantic proposal I guess, but it means the world to me!

Loafer
03-Jul-07, 07:20
Met on this site, proposed by text message, great stuff this modern technology!!

The Loafer

ŠAmethyst
03-Jul-07, 08:52
*sigh*

*looks at left ring finger*

nothing... Mr A better hurry up and put a ring there! Lmao.

I did overhear one of his colleagues ask if he was planning on popping the qn any time soon... didn't hear his reply as I was too busy laughing.

helenwyler
03-Jul-07, 10:46
After 29 years together it's still a matter of contention between MrW and me as to who proposed[lol].

We were in a tent in Glencoe, but the actual flow of converstaion is lost in the rosy mists of time and several wee drams!

Doesn't matter really, we're still here and he's still magic (usually)!

porshiepoo
03-Jul-07, 10:50
We'd gone out one night to our friends pub and this friend asked me when Wayne and I were getting married. He'd deliberately waited till I was slaughtered before winding me up with this question though. So I asked Wayne and he said 'whenever ya want'. lol.
I said 'I want a ring now' so he said 'we'l get one at the weekend then'.
So that's what we did. That weekend happened to be my 18th birthday and we hadn't even been seeing each other for a year.
A year later almost to the day we got married and then 8 months later we had twins. That was 17 years ago this July.

I'd have gotten less for murder!!!!!:eek:

DarkAngel
03-Jul-07, 13:31
Mine was over the phone..I was just about to finish with him..He then declaired his undyin Love for me..I Couldnt resist... We then flew to Tenerife and had a celebration..We are still together..3 years after he proposed.. :)

ABC
03-Jul-07, 16:04
Loafer - Thats very romantic eh!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

stiggy
03-Jul-07, 17:42
We had been to a mates 18th birthday and got back to my parents. Perched on garden wall he asked me to marry him, I said yes straight away as i had known him since we were 7 and knew he was my sole mate, then went into my bed as it was 1.30 in the morning and cold, dead romantic ain't I.

The next day he came back to collect me and asked if I remembered what he had asked and if I meant it. It was the best thing I ever did we will be married 21 years this August.

:D:D

mccaugm
03-Jul-07, 22:17
We were on holiday in Paris, we got the lift to the top of Paris, tallest building, (no way was I going up the Eiffel Tower). I was looking through the touristy binoculars, he kept asking me to turn round, when I did he was on one knee with a ring. I burst into tears and could barely nod the word yes. Two girls standing behind us realised what was happening and took a picture to remember the moment. We got married about a year later and had our son about a year after that. And in case he reads this I am as happy now as I was then....:)

oldmarine
04-Jul-07, 03:53
I have been twice blessed and at the age of 82 years. My 1st wife departed with ovarian cancer in 1968 after 15 years of marriage. She left me with two children: boy 10 yrs. and girl 9 yrs. My daughter was devistated, but had a teacher who befriended her. We both moved back to our respective home towns and my daughter continued to write to her favorite teacher. Her teacher visited relatives in my home town and visited my daughter. I was temporarily in the home of my 1st wife's mother while looking for a home to buy. She told me that it was up to me to entertain this young lady 17-plus years younger than me. And so I did. I took her to a hocky game - it had been more than 17 years since I had last dated. I was smitten with the young lady but did not know how to approach the subject of marriage. So I started talking about the responsibilities of a young woman marrying an older man with two children. The young lady saw through me and asked me if I was proposing. I replied "I guess so." She replied "why don't you just come out with the question?" And so I did. She replied "yes." We have been married now for 37-plus years. Like I said at the beginning of this message, I have been twice blessed.

saxovtr
04-Jul-07, 08:53
i took my gf/now fiancee by suprise on her birthday hehe,asked her to reach over into my bedside cabinet and get my mobile,littledid she know a ring inside a nicely presented box with a bow round it awaited her,the expression on her face i will never forget!!

squidge
04-Jul-07, 10:03
The Bruce organised the boys to be out and then appeared dressed in his kilt and said come on we are going out - i thought he was taking me out for dinner - it was the Saturday before Valentines day. We drove up onto the hills and he pulled over by a wee loch and said " look how pretty it is - Come on" and made me get out the car - it had been snowing and i wandered ahead when he said my name so i turned round.

There he was down on his knees in the snow with a ring and he proposed - i accepted and as it was the day we found out we were having this baby it was a perfect day. Hopefully we will be married quietly and quickly before the baby comes with a BIG party and a highland blessing at Urquhart Castle next May

I cant wait

Loafer
04-Jul-07, 18:00
Loafer - Thats very romantic eh!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Well, it worked. I did go down on one knee in my kilt later....

The Loafer

Sporran
05-Jul-07, 17:24
He said, "I think we should get married."

I replied, "I think we should get married too!"

He couldn't go down on one knee, as he was driving at the time, LOL! But the following Saturday, after we'd picked out my engagement ring, we went to a favourite spot of ours. It was there that he went down on one knee and formally proposed. After I formally accepted, he slipped the ring on my finger, saying he promised to love me forever. We celebrate our 31st anniversary this year.