PDA

View Full Version : Picnic in the Park

golach
01-Jul-07, 12:27
Was at the opening of the Scottish Parliament, the show that followed was great, for me the Red Hot Chillie Pipers stole the show, the other acts were good too as was Keith Jacks a local lad done good.
But the Pipers stole the show, they had the visitors from all around the world gasping and hooching, well done as ambassadors for Scotland lads.

Chobbersjnr
02-Jul-07, 17:37
RHCPipers "the skirge of scottish instrumentation"..................I saw them perform at a wedding I played at in Bridge of Allen. Very good BUT, nah fools the tartan lovers & them that like a novelty

golach
02-Jul-07, 19:34
RHCPipers "the skirge of scottish instrumentation"..................I saw them perform at a wedding I played at in Bridge of Allen. Very good BUT, nah fools the tartan lovers & them that like a novelty
Each to their own, I am not a lover of Sworded Tails, but thats just my taste, I like them and so did a lot of Tartan Lovers in Holyrood Park

Chobbersjnr
02-Jul-07, 19:55
Each to their own, I am not a lover of Sworded Tails, but thats just my taste, I like them and so did a lot of Tartan Lovers in Holyrood Park

was there any need to degrade yourself to the point of becoming personal Mr. G????

I'm glad you like them, good for you, hooray hooray, as you said each to there own & you are not musically involved with the mentioned band are you??

I'm glad you don't like Sworded Tails as well because now I know there's no danger of you ever being in my audience

I saw the act when sitting waiting to play & that is my opinion & I also know it is the opinion of quite a lot of others that involved in the world of traditionally orientated music et al.

& remind me about this ere being a public forum where people can express opinion etc etc within reason

I really feel blessed I don't know you

golach
02-Jul-07, 20:54
was there any need to degrade yourself to the point of becoming personal Mr. G????

I'm glad you like them, good for you, hooray hooray, as you said each to there own & you are not musically involved with the mentioned band are you??

I'm glad you don't like Sworded Tails as well because now I know there's no danger of you ever being in my audience

I saw the act when sitting waiting to play & that is my opinion & I also know it is the opinion of quite a lot of others that involved in the world of traditionally orientated music et al.

& remind me about this ere being a public forum where people can express opinion etc etc within reason

I really feel blessed I don't know you
Maybe my reponse to your critisism of RHCPipers was not worded properly.
I intended it to show we have differing tastes in music and the title of your recording was used as an example.
It was never intended as a personal attack, why should it, I dont know you personally.
But thank you for your response

Bobinovich
02-Jul-07, 20:57
Erm am I missing something here? I believe Sworded Tales is a new album, to which Golach has voiced his opinion that it's not his taste. Just how is that personal?

Oops just seen that Golach has replied confirming my reading of his post...

changilass
02-Jul-07, 21:17
I have Sworded Tails playing in the car most times, but then I also like the pipes, so they dont have to be mutually exclusive:D

Chobbersjnr
02-Jul-07, 21:40
Erm am I missing something here? I believe Sworded Tales is a new album, to which Golach has voiced his opinion that it's not his taste. Just how is that personal?

Oops just seen that Golach has replied confirming my reading of his post...

yip Sworded Tails is my 1st release & was released in 2002....

Jeemag_USA
02-Jul-07, 22:04
Yeah, of course Golach could have used any other type of music or album that he doesn't like to make an example with but of course he just happened to have chose one of Isaac's, of course its not personal [lol]

I prefer a bit of "Who Let The Dogs Out" myself ;)

Jeid
02-Jul-07, 22:08
I think he used Isaac's album as he was talking to Isaac. It was easy to mistake what Golach had said for a personal attack on Isaac's CD, but he's cleared it up.

Jeemag_USA
02-Jul-07, 22:12
I think he used Isaac's album as he was talking to Isaac. It was easy to mistake what Golach had said for a personal attack on Isaac's CD, but he's cleared it up.

Ah I see, my mistake ;)