PDA

View Full Version : Things About Wick

LonnyBoy
30-Jun-05, 04:27
Hi,

My family and I are interested in finding out as much as we can about Wick. We are descended from a bloke who was transported to Tasmania from Wick as a convict in 1838 and we're still here.

If anyone's interested in getting in touch to send photographs of the area and other bits and pieces please do. Maybe exchanging information about Tasmania and OZ would be fun.

Regards
Robert

trinkie
30-Jun-05, 12:00
Hallo, I think you will find out everything you want to know from this web site !
There is a wonderful section on History and many beautiful photos of the whole County.

If you can give the name of your ancestor, perhaps someone will be able to give more personal details.
Also do you have the district this person came from?

Good Luck
SD

LonnyBoy
30-Jun-05, 22:57
There are heaps of photographs and historical sections that's true. I just can't seem to get enough of the place.

My ancestors name was David Manson. He was transported in1838 after him and another bloke were convicted of assault in Wick. The court records list him as coming from Whalligoe. He was 22.

He went on to run a pub in Hobart Tasmania and married Ann Levach who was from the Cailthness area too I think. There's heaps of his descendants here and it would be interesting to find out about his family who are still in Scotland. My name is Robert Manson.