PDA

View Full Version : Castletown Gala?

Mr_Me19
01-Jul-07, 11:28
Anyone at the gala last night? There was unfortunately just three floats there after a reported six coming. Quite a set back. People really need to start making the effort again or the gala will die out and that would be a terrible shame. Thats the last thing I want.

Anyone got any ideas on how to encourage people to come?

Note: Gala Programme further down page.

NickInTheNorth
01-Jul-07, 11:44
Anyone at the gala last night? There was unfortunately just three floats there after a reported six coming. Quite a set back. People really need to start making the effort again or the gala will die out and that would be a terrible shame. Thats the last thing I want.

Anyone got any ideas on how to encourage people to come?

I would have to say more, or more effective publicity.

I am the sort of person that reads just about any piece of paper I see, or almost anything that appears on a screen in front of me, and I had no idea there was a Castletown Gala last night...

plumber
01-Jul-07, 11:54
Who reported that there was to be six, nobody knows how many there will be until the night

maidencaithness
01-Jul-07, 14:44
I would have to say more, or more effective publicity.

I am the sort of person that reads just about any piece of paper I see, or almost anything that appears on a screen in front of me, and I had no idea there was a Castletown Gala last night...
If you read the Groat more carefully you would have seen the programme in it on Friday, also there are programmes in all the local shops and it was also in the whats on section yesterday and front page of the org.

horseman
01-Jul-07, 15:23
Glad someone came up front there;) Else i would have had to input my 'no doubt preducited input' he he :roll:

Mr_Me19
02-Jul-07, 10:06
Who reported that there was to be six, nobody knows how many there will be until the night

Local Gossip!!:lol:

I think the main problem this year was that there was no dance. There is usually one afterwards but this year it was cancelled after the violence at the last one. An open air disco like would of been a much better alternative. And just for that wee bit extra advertising i will post the program here. (or at least whats still to happen)

Castletown Gala Programme

Tuesday 3rd July

12.00pm - Family picnic on the beach (weather permitting); bring a bucket and spade for the Sand Castle Competion. Prize for winner.

Entry Fee : £1

7.30pm - Bingo in Drill Hall. First three games children only.

50p per book.

Wednesday 4th July

2.00pm - Baby Show (open) in Drill Hall. Judging at 2pm
Age Groups - Up to 6 months

6 months - 12 months
12 months - 24 months
Entry Fee: £1 (50p extra for tea and biscuits)

Thursday 5th July

7.00pm - 5-A-Side Football in Back Park. (7pm kick off) Draw at 6.45. (limit of 8 in team (5 players + 3 subs) and only 2 under 15 allowed)

Entry Fee: £5 per team

7.15pm - Pet Show. Includes: Children's Races; Tombola; Bottle Stall; Candy Floss; Refreshments.

Entry Fee: £1

Friday 6th July

7.00pm - Open Indoor Bowling (Pairs) in Drill Hall. Trophies for winners and runners up.

Entry Fee: £1 per person.

Dadie
02-Jul-07, 17:46
did anyone get good photos of the under 5s fancy dress i forgot my camera and would like a couple of photos of Lauren in her leopard costume to send out as she looked cute!

thanks