PDA

View Full Version : Local Charities Wanted

ashaw1
30-Jun-07, 20:16
As you will see from my avatar i run a small business hiring out commercial chocolate fountains for weddings and other large events. I want to put it to good use while it is not booked out for weddings and in the process would like to help charities in the Caithness area. I am looking for ideas ( ideally contact details ) for charities with a local connection, either people, illness or animal based to help raise money for. Being new to the area i don't know where to start. It would also be helpful if anyone knew of any up coming charity raising events.

Liz
30-Jun-07, 22:46
Welcome to Wick!!!

I have pm'd you.:D

ashaw1
01-Jul-07, 06:47
Thanks! Cats Protection League has started off my list.

attidude9464
01-Jul-07, 20:58
Hi there, Just wanted to bring your attention to the Scottish SPCA. They have a local Centre at Balmore, near Dounreay. They receive no Government Funding and rely apon the kindness of people like yourself and the general Public. I hope you might consider this to be a worthy charity. Thanks

ashaw1
01-Jul-07, 22:01
Of course i will keep them in mind. I know these charities find it hard to compete with some of the larger people charities. It might take a while to include everyone but i will do my best.