PDA

View Full Version : Taking digi photos of printed pages.

trinkie
30-Jun-07, 13:54
I have several hundred typed pages to copy so I thought taking a digi photo instead of scanning would save time. I have done this successfully before.

However, the first lot of pages have come out very 'blue' and I can't get rid of it - I have tried all the usual ways . I have the Ulead programme, but nothing here seems to make much difference. I can get a brilliant white centre but still the blue round the sides.

The white pages have been typed on both sides - poorish quality paper.
So I put a sheet of plain white paper under.

Any ideas please ?

NickInTheNorth
30-Jun-07, 14:44
for several hundred pages I would opt for using a scanner everytime. Far quicker and easier over all.

I've done both, and there is no contest in terms of speed and regularity of result.

Colin Manson
30-Jun-07, 16:21
The blue colour makes it appear like a White Balance issue but that doesn't explain why it's white in the centre.

As NickInTheNorth suggested, I'd use my scanner for copying documents.

With a good lighting setup/tripod setup it would be possible to take reasonable pictures using a sharp lens and an aperture of F8 or F11.

Cheers
Colin

trinkie
01-Jul-07, 07:31
Thank you both - much appreciated.
Scanning it is then....... I may be gone some time !
Trinkie

Bobinovich
01-Jul-07, 18:35
Trinkie

If you've only got a flatbed scanner which takes one sheet at a time then yes, we'll see you sometime in the Winter :eek:! Much better to find a friend who has an ADF (automatic document feeder) on their scanner which will take a stack of single sheets and scan them in automatically one after the other without you having to be present to swap them over individually!