PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Rumour?!?!

DarkAngel
29-Jun-07, 19:44
Well ive been hearing so many different stories since the Dounreay club decided to shut its doors.. One that Johnny Foxes wanted to buy the Club..But offer was refused as its a residential area?!?!

And another one that seems to be getting told alot is that Skinindis or the Cardosi Family have bought it over? Anyone know anything?

ashaw1
29-Jun-07, 19:55
I hope so! It's bad enough round here with the Blackstairs Lounge on a Friday & Saturday Night!

lasher
30-Jun-07, 20:13
I hope so! It's bad enough round here with the Blackstairs Lounge on a Friday & Saturday Night!
Can people not enjoy themselves after a hard weeks work?

ashaw1
30-Jun-07, 20:20
I don't have a problem with people enjoying themselves it's the vandalised cars, broken bottles and smashed windows i have a problem with!

Jeid
30-Jun-07, 20:33
And another one that seems to be getting told alot is that Skinindis or the Cardosi Family have bought it over? Anyone know anything?

Everyone thought they bought the Thurso one as well. The boss has been on holiday... I very much doubt that it's been bought.

erli
30-Jun-07, 20:34

Did you not notice the hotel and pub on the corner before you moved to that area?

DarkAngel
30-Jun-07, 22:52
Everyone thought they bought the Thurso one as well. The boss has been on holiday... I very much doubt that it's been bought.

Oh well must just be wick Rumour mill working over-time again! :roll:

_Ju_
30-Jun-07, 23:41
Did you not notice the hotel and pub on the corner before you moved to that area?

Didn't you notice its not a hotel anymore, but flats?

Because a pub is in the area does not mean that it's clients are entitled to pee in all adjacent doorways or break bottles/glasses or damage neighbouring property/properties (ie cars). As the old saying goes, one person's freedoms end where those of others begin.

erli
01-Jul-07, 10:35
Breadalbane House Hotel is not flats, where did you get that information from? The hotel is being renovated at the moment but it is still a hotel.

I didn't say anyone had the right to break bottles etc, I was just pointing out that buying a house in the same street as two pubs you could expect disturbances at the weekend.

Didn't you notice its not a hotel anymore, but flats?

Because a pub is in the area does not mean that it's clients are entitled to pee in all adjacent doorways or break bottles/glasses or damage neighbouring property/properties (ie cars). As the old saying goes, one person's freedoms end where those of others begin.

DarkAngel
01-Jul-07, 11:07
No Breadalbane House Hotel aint flats? Its still a hotel!

docker
04-Jul-07, 20:02

I think it was a residential area long before the hotel and pub came into being. The first few years it was open it was dead, it's only in the last 10 years, if that, that people have started going their. I think some of the residents who have been there longer than 10 years have the grounds to complain.