PDA

View Full Version : Greenfly

denise
29-Jun-07, 19:33
Hih folks was up last weekend visitng & had a lovley lunch in the Holburn Hotel until I came across GREENFLY on my lettuce. as I was having a wrap with lettuce inside it it put me right off. Did mention it to the waitress but just got ok.
Low & behold not even offered a pud or meal at half price.
It still turns my stomach to think about it.

Ash
29-Jun-07, 22:09
oh god! im gutted love it there! put me off now!:mad:

Jo.b
01-Jul-07, 09:53
At least the lettice was fresh! I've had this before in other resturants, affraid it's just that time of year, when using fresh products this sort of stuff happens in the best of places. Maybe you should have been offered a free drink or something to wash it down!

marlyn
02-Jul-07, 16:27
I have to say that on a night out last year at the holborn we had a similar experience with a foreign object in a plate of food, and we had a very similar reception from the manager, we eventually got the main course for half price, but it took a lot of complaining from other members of our party I think there was about a dozen of us so it was quite a sizeable bill - I have been back only once since then, and that was not my choice.

denise
04-Jul-07, 14:23
as Jo.b stated it is expected with lettuce at this time of year but what about customer relations and i think in a small town like thurso a lot of places rely on good word and mouth.
even a srry would have been nice.

Buttercup
06-Jul-07, 19:57
At least the lettice was fresh! I've had this before in other resturants, affraid it's just that time of year, when using fresh products this sort of stuff happens in the best of places. Maybe you should have been offered a free drink or something to wash it down!

as Jo.b stated it is expected with lettuce at this time of year but what about customer relations and i think in a small town like thurso a lot of places rely on good word and mouth.
even a srry would have been nice.

:eek: Time of year should have nothing to do with it - would you be as happy to blame the season if it was a caterpillar or slug? Surely they should be washing the veg? :roll:

pulteney person
07-Jul-07, 13:28
I have had small slugs and greenfly in sandwiches/rolls/salads in various restaurants and cafes.
I was in the coffee shop / cafe at John O Groats and noticed that they were cuting lettuce and putting it on the rolls without washing it (this was last summer)
I notice lots of greenfly in lettuce in summer months.
I always ask for my sandwiches without lettuce so I can be sure there is nothing moving about in it!! :D