PDA

View Full Version : Trusting or what

horseman
27-Jun-07, 20:20
Bought a motor last week, nice little run a'bout, focus with all the toys. Interesting thing is, the chap took my envelope with the 3thou in readies, quick peek inside, o aye fine,(in a yorkshire accent) popped it in his pocket an that was that.My daughter in law later said ,that mannie (in a bedford shire accent) never bothered to count the money. I meant to say something like , well thats the way gentlemen behave or something equally flip,but I dare not.:roll: But my goodness me,it was unusual! I took his car at face value an he reciprocated. Fine or what? Anyone else had pleasant transactions like that?:D

karia
27-Jun-07, 20:24
Nothing nicer on both sides!

karia.

orkneylass
27-Jun-07, 20:34
A friend of mine has taken delivery of some valuable antique furniture and has yet to pay the seller for the items. Trust does still exist in a few places.

George Brims
28-Jun-07, 23:42
The first time I bought something I found on the internet, there was no way to do the purchase online. I had to call the guy direct. He was a southern gentleman in Georgia, with a hardware and pool supply shop, and a nephew who worked for him and pushed him into getting a web site. He wasn't sure he actually liked it "I'm getting so many calls I may have to hire a coupla girls just to answer the phone". Anyway we got the details straight on what I wanted to buy, shipping address, what the cost including shipping was, and he said "All right then I'll get that out tomorrow, you put your check in the mail. Bye now" And you know I did send the check, and he did send the stuff, and they passed each other mid-country on the way! I've never been that trusting since.

sassylass
29-Jun-07, 23:16
I ordered a pair of dance shoes from a guy in Canada and sent him my foot tracing to measure the size. He sent me 2 pairs, saying he wasn't sure, just to keep the pair that fit best and to return the other pair, which I did :D.

horseman
30-Jun-07, 21:38
I ordered a pair of dance shoes from a guy in Canada and sent him my foot tracing to measure the size. He sent me 2 pairs, saying he wasn't sure, just to keep the pair that fit best and to return the other pair, which I did :D.

Yea thats cool.

joan
30-Jun-07, 21:43
My other half went to Oddbins in Partick in Glasgow,bought some beers and then discovered he'd left his wallet at home.The shop assistant asked him where he stayed then said to just take the beers and phone with his switch card number when he got home.He did.It was so lovely to be trusted!Trust is NOT dead.:D

©Amethyst
30-Jun-07, 22:04
I had a couple of 2006 tickets for Rockness on ebay and got a message from a lassie who badly wanted them. I took them off anyway as my paypal account wasn't working right or I couldn't do something on the site or something. Anyway - her partner worked at th optician in my nearest tesco at the time so we arranged that I take the tickets there, and get £50 per ticket.

So the guy and I swapped envelopes and since he didn't check his, I didn't check mine - was an honest transaction, too...

Haven't been able to trust anyone like that since which is a shame.

Nice people - they seem to be what make the world go round lol :)

horseman
01-Jul-07, 16:12
Thanks peeps, wish there were more people as same.