PDA

View Full Version : Durness-Its my heaven!!!

joan
27-Jun-07, 15:19
:)I just wanted to say how much me and my family enjoy coming up to Durness from Glasgow!The scenery is breathtaking,beaches beautiful,people friendly,weather a bit suspect but we LOVE it.There is so much to see considering it is at the back of beyond!We have been going there for the past 4 years.We stay in a caravan in the campsite there.It is family run and they are SO NICE.They treat you like lost friends when we come up and have had to chase them to pay our fees."I,ll get your money tomorrow if youre around". Hows that for trust!!We are coming up again the last weekend in july for 2 weeks and would love to know if there is anyone else going there at that time or have stayed in the campsite.

karia
27-Jun-07, 17:33
Hi Joan,

Now you see why I've got the 'post holiday' blues!:~(

karia

sorghaghtanibeki
27-Jun-07, 17:42
yes, it is finding that the peoples of the north are fine persons, i too like this area of britain, it is very friendly peoples!

karia
27-Jun-07, 18:12
yes, it is finding that the peoples of the north are fine persons, i too like this area of britain, it is very friendly peoples!

It is indeed sorghaghtanibeki! You should try the cooked breakfasts!

Also, whisky has been known to cure a cough, if you had one!;)

Karia X

lelebo
27-Jun-07, 18:20
I love Durness too - it even inspired my fiance to propose! Seafood Platter is an amazing restaurant...

percy toboggan
27-Jun-07, 19:08
I loved the beach, and the John Lennon garden. Have they had the little festival yet? Fabtastic place. A long way but worth every mile.

karia
27-Jun-07, 19:20
Hi Percy T,

You had a fab trip!..how did you and mrs T settle back to reality?

Karia.

northener
27-Jun-07, 20:33
Taking friends from England to Kylie Tongue and Durness this weekend, they've been before and want to go back.

3 nights in the Craggan at Talmine ooooh its going to be terrible.....

joan
27-Jun-07, 21:11
Has anyone tried the fish sandwiches from the mobile van that parks at the small car park at Sango Mhor.They are FANTASTIC.The fish is the freshest Ive ever tasted

percy toboggan
27-Jun-07, 22:02
Hi Percy T,

You had a fab trip!..how did you and mrs T settle back to reality?

Karia.

Well,if I tell you that a week tomoz - after just four weeks back in Mancunia, we're heading off up to Fort Bill and Morar for a longish weekend.
This weekend we're out on the fens with friends who have a small farm, assuming it's still above water.
Reality sucks. I'm doing all I can to stave it off.
Whithorn in August and Mallaig in September.
Reality from then to Christmas. Actually reality ain't that bad. I've a lovely, if smallish * family, a decent home and garden to tend. It's just work that seems to grate. It's becoming ever more mundane and I resent the time I have to spend there. Perhaps a change of career is called for. Bus Driving in the far north perhaps. Now that I could warm to. (always best to have reasonable aspirations I find)

*from three and a half feet to five two :Razz.

katarina
27-Jun-07, 22:50
I've got a caravan in bettyhill - I have the same sentiments. It's so peaceful and the locals are lovely - even the two red deer who come to visit every so often.
My daughter and her fiance ate in a hotel, can't remember which, but they only accepteed cash or check neither of which they had.
'No bother,' said the waiter, ' just send it on.'
'Don't you even want our name and address?'
'No need, you have an honest face,'

Trusting or what?