PDA

View Full Version : Bed

attidude9464
28-Jun-05, 23:21
Hi everyone, Does anyone know where I could borrow a bed for a charity bed push. My sister is currently in hospital and we are aiming to fund raise to be able to buy a special bed that does everything except make tea, for the hospital. This bed costs over £3000 to buy so we are going to try to do a bed push. If anyone can help us or would like to help fundraise please give me a buzz. Thank you

lassieinfife
29-Jun-05, 09:22
hello
have you tried approaching the hospital involved....... they might have one no longer in use in wards..... that how we got one for our charity bed push from Dundee to Edinbrugh a few years back ............... all the best ...
pity its up to people like you to buy such beds... should be the govts responsibility but they just dont care,along with the healthboards, but theyjust to busy doing up boardrooms, putting in more offices and buying more computers [disgust]

Donnie
29-Jun-05, 10:21
What area are you in?

attidude9464
29-Jun-05, 11:01
I am in Thurso and hoping to do the bed push from Dunbar Hospital to Caithness General Hospital in Wick

Fran
30-Jun-05, 02:19
Good luck. I took part in a bed push a number of years ago in aid of the hospital. we got the loan of an old hospital bed with wheels. there have been a few bed pushes in wick. contact sheena Craig the hospital director wick 605050.