PDA

View Full Version : Canisbay Show

Wellies
27-Jun-07, 11:12
Just to let you know the Companion Dog Show has been cancelled on Saturday but there will still be Novelty Classes and a Pet Show so please come along with your dogs. We have a full day of events planned with a huge amount of animals entered and more stalls than ever. Lets just hope the weather is good now.

attidude9464
27-Jun-07, 18:27
Just a reminder that there is also a Scrufts novelty dog show at the SSPCA Balmore Open Day this Saturday at 1.30pm - 4.00pm with various stalls. Hope to see you there

hendy402
29-Jun-07, 12:17
Cant wait wellies should be a good day its looking better all the time!! fingers crossed it stays sunny now!!! :lol:

Bradcon
29-Jun-07, 16:43
Yip. Lets hope the weather is good. Looking forward to a great day out!!!!

the charlatans
29-Jun-07, 20:29
Ah no. Doggy Charlatans is devastated. He went and got his fake tan topped up especially for tomorrow!!!:lol:

sorry Wellies, couldn't resist.

Am right looking forward to it. I know of lots of people working away at show entries tonight so good luck everyone. Lets hope the weather stays fine.

Wellies
30-Jun-07, 01:10
Its 1.00am and I am now thinking of going to bed for getting up at 5.30am. Hope there is a big entry like last year and there is more things to do and see. Come along and have a great day. Char he can come with you and have the most appealing eyes still or the best six legs lol

Wellies
30-Jun-07, 01:15
Oh forgot to say we have a petting corner with Alpacas, pigs, pet lambs and a duck called goosie (yes he is confused). The American Truck, Tractor reversing competition, rabbits, show jumping, karate, highland dancing, fancy dress for horses/ponies and the best soup in the county. And of course me run of the legs until 5.00pm when I see the beer tent :lol:

corgiman
30-Jun-07, 18:37
well from a rabbit point of view we had a fantastic day :D well done everyone what a great show:D

horseman
30-Jun-07, 21:18
Have you surfaced yet Wellies?he he, Give us your view!;)

corgiman
30-Jun-07, 21:21
I don't think wellies will surface until at least Monday:lol:

Wellies
01-Jul-07, 00:46
Just come home wonderful day never seen so many dogs. Thanks to everyone for coming. There was record gate money. Never had so many people coming to our show. Getting better every year. Our praying for good weather certainly worked:lol:. Now knackered and will sleep for a few days. Thanks to everyone who had stalls and entries in our show and everyone else who helped in every way however small and large .

Bradcon
01-Jul-07, 10:09
It was a brilliant day, and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

I will certainly be coming back next year.

Well done to all the organisors.:D

Max
01-Jul-07, 20:13
Yes it was a lovely day and a really friendly atmosphere. First time for me as it is usually the same day as the pony club show thnik that was why you had more horsey people!

horseman
01-Jul-07, 22:50
If we had been in the area it would have been a number one prioriety,:)

Wellies
02-Jul-07, 11:00
I am just wondering where the photos of the Canisbay Show are. I am sure I saw Bill there.

the charlatans
02-Jul-07, 14:34
Excellent day Wellies. Big thanks to the organisers, stewards and especially the judges. I got 3 3rds in the handicrafts section and am delighted.

Oh and thanks to the big yellow fellow, the sun, he was smiling on Canisby all Saturday long.

Doggy C stayed at home, he made a mess of his fake tan and said he wasn't setting paw across the threshold looking so streeky!

Wellies
02-Jul-07, 17:45
Thanks Char, glad you did so well. Poor Doggy C, a streaky tan isn't the best look:lol:

Bill Fernie
02-Jul-07, 21:13
Canisbay Show Photos going in now at -
http://www.caithness.org/fpb/2007/july/gallery.php?gallery=4

corgiman
02-Jul-07, 21:20
brilliant pictures:D

Wellies
02-Jul-07, 22:42
Thank you Bill. They are wonderful photos as usual.

Wellies
02-Jul-07, 23:33
Does anyone happen to have taking photographs of the fire brigade doing their demonstration.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
03-Jul-07, 20:45
and i also notice no one has yet to make comment about how excellent the dog judges were in the heat of the moment....

Wellies
03-Jul-07, 21:51
Yes they were excellent. Especially the judging of "The Most Appealing Eyes" and the enjoyment of doing "The Best Six Legs":lol:

mccaugm
03-Jul-07, 22:09
:RazzI went to the Canisbay Show for the first time this year and can happily say I would go again. It was small enough to get around easily and big enough to find plenty to entertain you. My youngest loved the petting corner and the lambs in their pens. I took a look at the handicraft items and was well impressed. Think I might enter some of them next year. Thank goodness the weather was so good.