PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Blues !

karia
26-Jun-07, 21:27
Hi Folks,

Had a wonderful trip to Caithness and Sutherland .

Saw some lovely sights, met some old friends ( you know who you are!) weather was superb!

Many thanks to Buggy Racer for the advice...had a great meal at 'la Tortilla Asesina' in Inverness on the way up...crazy service, mumchee food,..left all replete and warm of tummy!

Now home and got the 'post holiday blues'.:~(

Do any of you have any 'tricks' to fool yourself you're still on holiday & ease your path into the harsh reality that awaits??

OH is on holiday until next wednesday so hoping to keep the holiday spirit up.

Treasure the peace & quiet up there,...the rest of Scotland is so noisy by comparison!

Wish I was there.

Love Karia

helenwyler
27-Jun-07, 00:04
Hello karia

Enjoy your posts and am sorry that you've got the blues:(.

It can be a a bummer coming back when you've had a great holiday. I actually quite like coming home, but your heart is in Strathy Point, no? That's a tough one.

Holidays are usually so special and unrepeatable that you can't mimic them, otherwise they wouldn't be so special.

I don't have any cures, but I usually feel energised by a good holiday, and try to use that energy positively in small ways like trying a recipe I've enjoyed on holiday... I find it goes a few steps toward rehabilitation!

painter
27-Jun-07, 06:34
:Razz Cheer up, youve still got the Org !!

Ricco
27-Jun-07, 13:53
That's it - come on the org a lot and keep in touch with us all. :D

canuck
27-Jun-07, 14:22
All these great minds thinking alike. I too suggest staying connected to the org. Not just the forum, but the news pages as well. The photos are always fabulous and I keep my good feelings from my Caithness visits alive for weeks just enjoying the reporting of the day to day life of the residents of the county.

karia
27-Jun-07, 17:00
Thanks all,

You are so right! I missed you lot while I was away.

Shocked as ever by how rude and NOISY it is down here, by comparison.

I have my photos to remind me and I paint landscapes,..so will get stuck into that...until the next time!

Thanks for the welcome back!:)
Karia

dunderheed
27-Jun-07, 17:32
karia , a good bottle of malt, sand filled wellies , a pair of shorts and a long woolie jumper , close your eyes and your back!!

karia
27-Jun-07, 17:38
I'll drink to that dunderheed!:D

Sand filled wellies...oh yess!

Karia