PDA

View Full Version : Old passions awakened!!!!!!

joan
25-Jun-07, 21:59
I had one of the most exciting nights ive had in ages tonight!I was on a motorbike for the first time in around 20years.My goodness it took me back to my early 20,s.I had a motorbike myself and rode it everywhere.Hail rain or shine!It was unusual for girls to have their own bike then so I enjoyed a lot of laughs whenever I went to the off sales for my weekend treat and forgot to take my helmet off."What do you want son?" they would ask.Id reply,"A bottle of vodka please".The assistant would then say,"I thought you were a son and not a hen,Sorry!"Has anyone else been thought of as the opposite sex!I thought it was hysterical.

Solus
26-Jun-07, 01:30
Nope never been mistaken for female, probably down to my size !

What did you ride when you had a bike in your 20's ? and what were you riding that brought it all flooding back ?

and will this signal a new bike ?

golach
26-Jun-07, 08:44
Well thats another theory shot down, I was of the belief that only men had middle age crisis, and once they reached 45 they had to buy a motor bike [lol]

joan
26-Jun-07, 18:12
Nope never been mistaken for female, probably down to my size !

What did you ride when you had a bike in your 20's ? and what were you riding that brought it all flooding back ?

and will this signal a new bike ?
I had an unrestricted Honda twin 125.It could fly!I also had a few shots of my then boyfriends GT900.My other half has just bought a Suzuki Bandit 600.I really enjoyed feeling the wind buffeting my head off my shoulders on the motorway.

Solus
26-Jun-07, 18:16
Yup, you cant beat the wind blasting your senses with all the smells !

I used to love the commute to work when on early shift, leaving about 6am for a 7 start, 30 miles. It was great on a summers morning taking the coast road to my work, the cool early morning air, the stillness and the sights :)

Or a late shift, 10pm finish, again a late evening summer bimble home, taking my time and taking the long route home, bliss !

horseman
26-Jun-07, 21:42
Yep, my oldest daughter,about 17 teen then, came off on a wee roundebout in town, pouring down with rain ,car stops, man rushes out, are you all right son?? daughter says (picking bike up)yes thank you an I am no a boy I am a girl. They all had a good laugh.:D.