PDA

View Full Version : Oreo Cookies

Gizmo
25-Jun-07, 21:24
Anyone know of somewhere in Wick that i can buy these lovely biccies?...u can get mini oreos in Tesco but none of the supermarkets stock the normal sized ones.....any one know of anywhere that stocks them?

Cheers

Jeemag_USA
25-Jun-07, 22:00
Well I have two packs in my cupboard but then again I can buy the great american cookie anywhere here.

If and when you do find some, you should try making an oreo blizzard. Get some plain white vanilla ice cream and some oreo cookies, put the oreo's in a blender and get them a little broken up, then put in a healthy amount of ice cream and give it a wee whisk. mmm mmm mmmm :Razz

Also search the net for recipes on Oreo Cream Pie, its like a Gateau made from whipped cream, ice cream and oreo cookies, it is as they say in the states "to die for" ;)

George Brims
25-Jun-07, 22:17
I *hate* Oreos. Burnt biscuits sandwiching greasy filling. At least the filling has been modernised from the days when it had just three ingredients - sugar, vanilla flavouring and LARD.

Buttercup
25-Jun-07, 22:22
I *hate* Oreos. Burnt biscuits sandwiching greasy filling. At least the filling has been modernised from the days when it had just three ingredients - sugar, vanilla flavouring and LARD.
Glad someone else thinks the same as me ~ just can't understand how they could be so popular in the States. :roll:

Hibeechick
25-Jun-07, 22:36
I love them!! Especially good with a glass of milk!! Yumm!!

Tristan
25-Jun-07, 23:38
Don't know where to get them in Caithness but I believe you can get them at the various Costco outlets across the country.

98elite
26-Jun-07, 00:02
Glad someone else thinks the same as me ~ just can't understand how they could be so popular in the States. :roll:

Do they not contain hydrogenated vegetable oil (trans fats) ?

Watch yer cholesterol

PS Marks and Spenser make the best cookies by miles, boy are they good and no trans fats either.

Lavenderblue2
26-Jun-07, 08:43
You can buy a tub of 'Mini Oreo's' in Tesco - mmm I love them but I only buy them occasionally - think of the calories...

LB

Lavenderblue2
26-Jun-07, 08:51
Well I have two packs in my cupboard but then again I can buy the great american cookie anywhere here.

If and when you do find some, you should try making an oreo blizzard. Get some plain white vanilla ice cream and some oreo cookies, put the oreo's in a blender and get them a little broken up, then put in a healthy amount of ice cream and give it a wee whisk. mmm mmm mmmm :Razz

Also search the net for recipes on Oreo Cream Pie, its like a Gateau made from whipped cream, ice cream and oreo cookies, it is as they say in the states "to die for" ;)

Thanks for that delicious sounding 'Oreo Blizzard' Jeemag.

Here's the Oreo Cream Pie recipe:-

Oreo Cream Pie

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
Makes: 10 servings, 1 slice each

36 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted

1-1/2 cups cold milk

2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling - I just looked and you can buy this on Ebay.

1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

FINELY crush 24 of the cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.

CHOP remaining 12 cookies; set aside. Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Gently stir in whipped topping until well blended. Stir in chopped cookies. Spoon into crust.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set.

Ash
26-Jun-07, 09:03
my other half loves them an all!
all i can say is yuck yuck yuck!:confused

mccaugm
26-Jun-07, 14:30

Even better whizzed up with Baileys liquer....comes as a cocktail at T G I Fridays....mmmm

honey
26-Jun-07, 14:46
Even better whizzed up with Baileys liquer....comes as a cocktail at T G I Fridays....mmmm

i was just gonna say about that...

A mix of Baileys, mint liqueur, vanilla flavour ice cream and Oreo cookies.

thought it was a bit much myself... specially with the oreo cookie on the top!

catsbasket
26-Jun-07, 16:03
you can buy oreos in the shop next to the post office in Lybster

brew
26-Jun-07, 16:33
I love them!! Especially good with a glass of milk!! Yumm!!

I'm with you. My girlfriend cant stand them and doesn't understand why I like them so much

Ash
26-Jun-07, 16:50
I'm with you. My girlfriend cant stand them and doesn't understand why I like them so much

cause there minging!:lol:

brew
26-Jun-07, 17:08
cause there minging!:lol:

Now Now Ash, you know thats not true, you just don't want to prove me right