PDA

View Full Version : £15 million?!!?

caithnessgirl
27-Jun-05, 22:18
hey, being total nosey, but did any1 hear that sum1 from wick won £15,000,000 on the lottery?!

Drutt
27-Jun-05, 22:25
If it's true, I don't expect s/he'd remain anonymous for long - but what a great excuse to emigrate to somewhere with a warmer climate!

scotsman
27-Jun-05, 22:25
:D aye...they did! it was moi! :~( i wish! lol a wicker with 15 million! jeeeeeezzzzz i thought only alex grant had that kinda money!

2little2late
27-Jun-05, 22:30
I heard it was deeter dooter. Should last him all of a couple of days. : :Razz :Razz

caithnessgirl
27-Jun-05, 22:37
[quote="singapore"]I heard it was deeter dooter. Should last him all of a couple of days. : :Razz

u heard it was who?! :confused

slydog
27-Jun-05, 22:52
i heard it was a woman

caithnessgirl
27-Jun-05, 23:26
so did i, a girl to be exact, heard a few things but duno whats true! just being curious!! lol (nosey!!!) :Razz

nancypotter45
28-Jun-05, 00:28
I heard it was a girl from Nicolson Street. Maybe she has won something and it has been blown out of proportion. Do the machines that sell winning ticket not have to display something stating that there has been a winning ticket sold? (they do not have to name them). It would be worth having a look at shops that sell lottery tickets just to see if anything has been displayed - or maybe she did not buy it in Wick! Good Luck to her and her family if it is true - they deserve it.

champagnebaby
28-Jun-05, 02:29
Yeah i heard it was a lassie from Nicolson Street too.

Angel-Eyes
28-Jun-05, 07:59
Yes i heard that too and i know her name aswell. I didnt know if it was true coz the rumour never really got out until yesterday.

wicker
28-Jun-05, 09:20
could just be the local gossip mill of wick running riot again but if she has won it all the best to her im delighted for her as known her a very long time

kum3
28-Jun-05, 19:18
Well people I can tell you that it is true that there has been a lottery winner in Nicolson Street.

The amount won was £10!!!!! wooohoooo!

It was my sister that won it, and this thing has been blown out of all proportion.
Someone heard a telephone prank between my mum and sister and then went out of the house and told everyone. Her life has been made hell over the last few days due to the amount of folk phoning and approaching her and the rest of the family to ask if it is true.
You wouldn't believe it but it is truely amazing who will speak to you when they think that you have come into something good.
We know who our true friends are, and we are glad of it.

Hope everyone is set straight now, cheers

Read all about it in the Courier tomorrow, there was a reporter on the phone today to my mums.

2little2late
28-Jun-05, 19:26
Excellent!! This is a prime example of the Wick rumour mill. This will go down in my book as an all time classic wind up. The population of Wick has been had.

This might make all the Wick rumour mongers think twice about spreading gossip.
SUCKERS!!!!! :D :D :D :D

brokencross
29-Jun-05, 07:52
Sorry to spoil the rumour but it is the papers today, the £15M winner is a chap from Bedford called Morris

Camra
29-Jun-05, 08:00
i dont think this sort of thing is limited to Wick.
I seem to remember something similar about a supposed winner in Thurso some time back.

Mr P Cannop
29-Jun-05, 09:08
Well people I can tell you that it is true that there has been a lottery winner in Nicolson Street.

The amount won was £10!!!!! wooohoooo!

It was my sister that won it, and this thing has been blown out of all proportion.
Someone heard a telephone prank between my mum and sister and then went out of the house and told everyone. Her life has been made hell over the last few days due to the amount of folk phoning and approaching her and the rest of the family to ask if it is true.
You wouldn't believe it but it is truely amazing who will speak to you when they think that you have come into something good.
We know who our true friends are, and we are glad of it.

Hope everyone is set straight now, cheers

Read all about it in the Courier tomorrow, there was a reporter on the phone today to
my mums.

yes its true but she only won £10

katarina
29-Jun-05, 14:08
what a pity we could do with a few more millionaires in the town - bound to boost the economy - that is if they chose to stick around!

caithnessgirl
29-Jun-05, 21:06
oh well it was something of interest for a while anyway! :)

Setanta
30-Jun-05, 01:53
what a pity we could do with a few more millionaires in the town - bound to boost the economy - that is if they chose to stick around!

Would you stick around with that much money, what about the rest of you, what would you really do if you had no worries and so much?? Take time to think about it, cause your "friends" ( you would realise your real friends) wouldnt like you any more.

mareng
30-Jun-05, 07:36

The economy would benefit from a one-way flight south :evil

katarina
30-Jun-05, 08:50
I would stick around. My family and friends are here and that spells HOME for me. Might travel a bit tho. With that much money I'd do something for the good of the town as well.