PDA

View Full Version : INTER-SCHOOL FOOTBALL & NETBALL

nancypotter45
27-Jun-05, 21:07
Well done to South Primary School football & netball teams who both won inter-school league after a play-off at Hillhead School today against North & Academy. First time they have won league for about 10 years. The children and their coaches thoroughly deserved it as they have worked so hard. Good Luck for tomorrow kids against Thurso side teams in County League.

erli
27-Jun-05, 21:22
Well done South School, good luck tomorrow.

scotsman
27-Jun-05, 21:25
:eek: a wee birdie tells me the south team have a very vocal coach!!!! :D

erli
27-Jun-05, 21:29
For which team scotsman, football or netbell?

scotsman
27-Jun-05, 21:34
:eek: netball! lol.....here i am in london,and my ears well to the ground! lol :cool:

erli
27-Jun-05, 21:36
Your source must have been supporting the North School.

scotsman
27-Jun-05, 21:37
:D offcourse! :p

erli
27-Jun-05, 21:41
Thought so, anyway it's the kids that matter and good luck to them.

scotsman
27-Jun-05, 21:44
:D when i was at the north school(left aug 1975!) we had the best football team!

erli
27-Jun-05, 21:45
You don't anymore! :D

scotsman
27-Jun-05, 21:50
:D we were the best!....look at the 1975 winners photo in the schools section for the north school! ps was the south school open then? :eek: :D :p

erli
27-Jun-05, 21:53
Can't argue with you on that as i was only born in 1975 and i am not from Wick! Just supporting the School my kids go to.

nancypotter45
27-Jun-05, 23:21
South School was just opened in 1975. What has a vocal coach have to do with anything? especially South School WINNING?? It was held at a neutral school with a neutral referee (who I might add was very fair and just to both schools). A little encouragement and support goes a long way!! I agree with previous post it is all about the kids and it is a shame someone had to lose today but I am glad South School won at long last.

bird
27-Jun-05, 23:39
I think South School opened in 1977 and it's great the bairns have done so well - good luck to em I say!! They get great support from staff and parents so it's brilliant for them too!!!!

:D

nancypotter45
27-Jun-05, 23:43
I am sure it opened in 1975/1976 session as I went to Academy School for first term as school wasn't ready and went to South School for 2nd term and I started school in 1975 (I am showing my age now). It would be interesting to find out exactly when it opened.

girnigoe
28-Jun-05, 00:46
Well done to South Primary School football & netball teams who both won inter-school league after a play-off at Hillhead School today against North & Academy. First time they have won league for about 10 years. The children and their coaches thoroughly deserved it as they have worked so hard. Good Luck for tomorrow kids against Thurso side teams in County League.

Can I also just say well done to the other schools as well!!!! They probably worked just as hard!

exweeker
28-Jun-05, 01:56
well done sth school take the other trophy home tomorrow best of luck

i dont know when the sth school opened but i went to the sth school when it was at the top of kinardie

Blondie
28-Jun-05, 06:20
South School was just opened in 1975. What has a vocal coach have to do with anything? especially South School WINNING?? It was held at a neutral school with a neutral referee (who I might add was very fair and just to both schools). A little encouragement and support goes a long way!! I agree with previous post it is all about the kids and it is a shame someone had to lose today but I am glad South School won at long last.

Wasn't a neutral referee last time they played North and Hillhead though was it? Wasn't the ref's son playing in the South School team??? Surely that should never have been allowed!

Correct me if I'm wrong, I got this from my little brother.

Angel-Eyes
28-Jun-05, 08:09
Well done south Primary school.!!!

My old primary school!

Never won anything when i was there.

erli
28-Jun-05, 08:28
It is up to the home team to supply a referee, we had away games to play aswell. Are you saying Blondie, that the south referee was unfair as i don't remember any complaints being made. [disgust]

nancypotter45
28-Jun-05, 10:16
It is up to school that is hosting game to provide referee so you could say that about any of the games that have been played up until yesterday. The refereee's son played in the 'B' team and their scores did not count - it was just a bit of fun for all children involved. I think it takes a very BAD and SORE loser to even hint at any suggestion of improper conduct. As I say it is a shame any team had to lose (as all the teams and their coaches worked hard) but I am glad it came back to South School.

Angel-Eyes
28-Jun-05, 10:55
[quote="jack in the box"]. I think it takes a very BAD and SORE loser to even hint at any suggestion of improper conduct

Well said Jack in the box!!

Its a bit of fun for all the Children! :o)

DrSzin
28-Jun-05, 11:08
Wasn't a neutral referee last time they played North and Hillhead though was it? Wasn't the ref's son playing in the South School team??? Surely that should never have been allowed!.
I agree that there should be a neutral ref in a playoff. According to jack in the box, this was actually the case.

In practice, it would be very difficult to find a neutral ref for each and every league game because these tend to take place at odd times over a number of weeks or even months.

If the ref is bad or hopelessly biased, then people are bound to complain. It happens and it can actually improve things.

Here in Szin City, inter-school games at primary level tend to have a different ref in each half. Each school provides one ref, and the ref's son is usually playing! This works well most of the time, but I saw some abysmal referees this season. Having said that, most of them were pretty unbiased.

I think the same system is used in big one-day events, but I'm not 100% sure. My son's school made it to the last six of a big competition (60 teams) a couple of months ago, but I was working, so I missed their semi-finals, and I don't know who refereed either the semis or the final. I'll try to find out.

The team that won has since lost half of its players -- they have been signed by an SPL team and they're no longer allowed to play for their school. Kinda sad really...

erli
28-Jun-05, 11:14
yes DrSzin, there was a neutral referee for both the football and the netball in the playoffs.

DrSzin
28-Jun-05, 11:18
Thanks erli. I see that now, but I started editing my previous post before you posted. I didn't read all the previous posts properly -- sorry.

I would recommend having a different ref in each half at league games. It really does work and it reduces antagonism. Most schools here in Szin City can provide a ref or three, and he would probably be there watching anyway! I don't like games where the home team provides the only ref: the games are often more antagonistic, and the away team always complains -- rightly or wrongly -- even when they win!

nancypotter45
28-Jun-05, 12:23
At the end of the day it is about the kids - enjoyment, playing as a team and having fun. It is just nice to see South School win, after 10 years, as it makes a nice break from the same schools winning over and over and 1 school dominating it year after year. I watched both games yesterday and I think the referees were spot on and fair to BOTH schools that were playing South. I am off to watch their games today and hopefully they have as much success as yesterday but if they don't it doesn't matter they have done very well and all on this side are very proud of them!!

erli
28-Jun-05, 14:54
The football team won this afternoon to Castletown after a very good game, well done boys, the netball team lost to Halkirk, who had one of the best teams i have ever seen in school netball, they deserved to win,very well played.

jambo
28-Jun-05, 17:53
well done south school on todays victory and hope the boys playing for eastend on sunday keep thier form going.

nancypotter45
28-Jun-05, 23:14
Well done South School Champions 2005 - brilliant. Hard luck to girls - Halkirk were very good. Boys are going for a hat-trick as the still have to play Pultneytown Academy on Thursday for Danny Cormack cup.

Haribo
30-Jun-05, 21:05
I know tis is a bit late but I can't believe that adults are taking so much time throwing their dummies out the pram from decades ago. Well done to the kids that put all the effort into it don't they deserve praise. Not worrying about ref's and it's the school's not rangers and celtic etc WELL DONE SOUTH :D

nancypotter45
30-Jun-05, 22:17
Well said Haribo!! Just to up-date everyone South won Danny Cormack Cup today. What an achievement - 3 Cups in 1 week - we are so proud of them.