PDA

View Full Version : Directions at Latheron/Latheronwheel

rfr10
24-Jun-07, 21:42
Couldn't help to notice today that, at the junction turning off to the Caussie mire where the road splits from the A9 and A99 that the arrows in the grass have the wrong names in them. They both point to Wick and Thurso but they are the rong way around... Anyone else noticed?

lasher
24-Jun-07, 21:50
Sounds like someone is having a laugh. :lol:

Errogie
24-Jun-07, 22:23
Of course Wick has always been envious of Thurso's superior beach, riverside and views of Orkney and not content with its superstores is now trying to lure tourists towards its doubtful charms. And I used to think that the wise men came out of the east...

the charlatans
24-Jun-07, 22:44
someone should take a photo! quick afore the council changes it back.

BRIE
25-Jun-07, 15:49
someones done this before! but it was the plants they uprooted that spelt the names & changed them round

rfr10
25-Jun-07, 16:23
someones done this before! but it was the plants they uprooted that spelt the names & changed them round

Yea, it's the plant bit I'm talking about except it's stones its made up with.

bluelady
27-Jun-07, 13:36
methinks its those gremlins of Dunbeath again -once the W was replaced with a D and an S added on the end :lol:

Penelope Pitstop
27-Jun-07, 16:14
I also noticed this on Sunday night!!

ashaw1
27-Jun-07, 20:34
Passed this last night and it has been put back!

Mother Bear
27-Jun-07, 21:50
One night last year the signs read 'POOF' and 'TINK'.....there must be a local gremlin lurking nearby!!

bluelady
08-Jul-07, 21:48
One night last year the signs read 'POOF' and 'TINK'.....there must be a local gremlin lurking nearby!!
aye i saw that complete with arrows pointing to where :lol: