PDA

View Full Version : people that drop rubbish in the streets!

joan
24-Jun-07, 19:45
It drives me MAD when I see people dropping litter especially when there is a bin 2 feet away!Why is it so hard to put stuff in the bin?I always tell my kids that if they cant find a bin,to put their rubbish in their pocket till they get home!Unfortunatelly I forget to check their pockets and end up with all sorts of undesireable things floating around my washing machine!
I also hate chewing gum on the streets!

golach
24-Jun-07, 19:53
It drives me MAD when I see people dropping litter especially when there is a bin 2 feet away!Why is it so hard to put stuff in the bin?I always tell my kids that if they cant find a bin,to put their rubbish in their pocket till they get home!Unfortunatelly I forget to check their pockets and end up with all sorts of undesireable things floating around my washing machine!
I also hate chewing gum on the streets!
This IMO is a British way of life, I have travelled over the world and I am ashamed to see the way Brits discard their litter, from receipts to ciggy butts to pizza packaging, we must be one of the worst nations in the world, and IMO its pure laziness and pure ignorance by the majority

changilass
24-Jun-07, 20:11
Joan, go to Singapore, its spotless. This could however, be due to the fact that it is known as fine city. Throwing litter carries a fine as does chewing gum in public and not flushing toilets to mention just a few.

orkneylass
24-Jun-07, 20:13
...things that used to be considered plain bad manners are now the norm....eating in the street, playing music on buses etc where it disturbs other people, loud mobile phone conversations, talking in the cinema, and as for the lack of "please" and "thank you" - people look at you as if you are daft if you suggest that they may have forgotton to say them....

anneoctober
24-Jun-07, 21:32
We had a relief postie that used to have his "break" in the post van parked outside our house, then he would toss out his banana skin onto the road, check the postbox and drive off. This went on for almost a week and stopped when our regular postie returned. I should explain that I was picking up the skin and popping it into our wheelie bin every night.
Several weeks later we came home one night to find that Bananaman had returned! My hubby was n't too chuffed and collected the skins over the next couple of days, then pushed them into the letterbox (the postbox is seldom used in the afternoon). Strangely enough , we have n't had any more litter.... ;)
YES, I know it was n't the best way to do it, but if a 50 + year old man can't take his rubbish home with him, what chance do we have teaching the younger ones?

Ash
25-Jun-07, 08:45
...things that used to be considered plain bad manners are now the norm....eating in the street, playing music on buses etc where it disturbs other people, loud mobile phone conversations, talking in the cinema, and as for the lack of "please" and "thank you" - people look at you as if you are daft if you suggest that they may have forgotton to say them....

whilst most of the above annoy me, why on earth do people eating in the street bother u, u can eat in the street and not drop litter, cause i have walked up the precinct eating a bag of crisps or a sandwhich!
strange very strange![disgust]

Fluff
25-Jun-07, 20:02
Ash, to alot of people, eating in street is rude.

Ash
25-Jun-07, 20:05
Ash, to alot of people, eating in street is rude.

oh god well i must offend alot of people, i let my wee one do it an all, we dont litter tho, so dont see the problem!:confused

Fluff
25-Jun-07, 20:16
i think it is more the older generation. i dont know of anyone who thinks it is rude.

i was on my way home from work today and had to walk past mcdonalds. a little girl and her mum walks past, the girl had a small sports bottle drink, she just flicked off the plastic cap and walked off, mum not even stopping.

teaching from a young age eh

Ash
25-Jun-07, 20:49
thats where u are, and everyone is different, my wee one puts her rubbish in her pocket or gives it to me.......