PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to weeboyagee at the 'Seo Seine'

Rheghead
27-Jun-05, 15:43
I would like convey some heartfelt congratulations for weeboyagee on his performance at the 'Seo Seine' singing competition at Stornaway last week. It was broadcast live on BBC Radio. This competition is one of the biggest on the Gaelic singing calender with a total prize money of £10,000. He is a well deserved runner-up in the adult traditional event. Well done! You deserve it for all the hard work that you have put in. Weeboyagee was only pipped for first place by a chap from Lochinver but the Caithness connections don't stop there, his music accompaniment was James Ross from Wick now living in Edinburgh.

I would also like to congratulate weeboyagee's young friend, Alasdair Whyte who also came runner-up but in the Youth Traditional event, well done, I hope you go for the Gold medal in the National Mod this year.

And congratulations to all in Melvich Gaelic choir for beating Dingwall the current champions at the Inverness Provincial Competition and winning the Puirt-a Beul event, but hard luck on losing so close to Dingwall in the Four Part Harmony. Weeboyagee sure has you lot well organised and in tune.

champagnebaby
27-Jun-05, 17:24
Congrats weeboyagee!!! :D

Angel-Eyes
27-Jun-05, 20:18
well done! :D

Margaret M.
27-Jun-05, 20:30
How wonderful, good going, weeboyagee!!!

squidge
28-Jun-05, 11:04
FAb - Well done you!!!

DrSzin
28-Jun-05, 11:54
Yeah, well done weeboyagee!

weeboyagee
28-Jun-05, 13:24
Hey you guyz! :D Cheers! Eh, if you'd have heard it you would realise how ill I was at the thought of a performance broadcast live. The stomach wasn't much better in the qualifier either!

Anyway - another Gaelic notch in Caithness' belt - and good for James Ross! I just got an email with the link for those who didn't hear it (even though it's in Gaelic)! www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/nangaidheal/aod.shtm?nangaidheal/seo_seinn then click on Radio nan Gaidheal then select Seo Seinn 2005 from the list of available programmes. James Graham accompanied by James Ross is third last competitor and I was second last competitor. there are two performances each. Hope it sounds OK - I haven't had the chance to listen yet.

Thanks again for your support and messages of congratulations! And well done Alasdair - for those of you who heard him when he was guest artist at the Ceilidh in the Viewfirth at the end of last year - definitely one to listen out for at this years gold Medal competition.

Cheers

WBG :cool:

Malcolmdog
28-Jun-05, 13:47
Congrats!! from all of your friends in Toronto.

Thanks for the link.. saved me a ton of time hunting for it - all the gang will want to have a listen.

See you in a few weeks!!!

take care malcolmdog