PDA

View Full Version : HELP -- Project Fortune

jac1791
22-Jun-07, 16:20
Hi Does anyone know anything about Project Fortune, it was something started on midsummers day 2002 and ended yesterday but Iv been told to check internet, press ect but can find nothing -- any help would be great.

finder
24-Jun-07, 11:22
:confusedI don't know any more than you do - but I'm keeping my eyes and ears open too! Midsummer's day is the 24th June - today - according to my calendar.

Bobinovich
24-Jun-07, 12:41
Hi Finder and welcome to the Org! :D

Dazinblack
24-Jun-07, 15:15
I too am a "finder" but have not seen anything about it until today!!
Lets hope somebody knows what it is all about

finder
24-Jun-07, 21:08
just discovered that someone who gives his ID as James A on yahoo answers asked a similar question in May, and is therefore another 'finder' but the link is now deleted - can't find out how to contact him without having a question to repond to

jac1791
26-Jun-07, 19:15
hi can ANYONE help us -- please tell us more about PROJECT FORTUNE......

finder
26-Jun-07, 21:40
No answers - but I have discovered that "Area 7", a novel written by Australian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia)thriller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_%28genre%29) writer Matthew Reilly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Reilly_%28writer%29) contains a plot line centred around Project Fortune - I've ordered the book - just in case... if not, it might be a good read andyway!

Tubthumper
26-Jun-07, 22:58
Can someone tell me what a 'finder' is, and what context this Project Fortune exists in? Might be able to help if we knew what was going on...?

finder
27-Jun-07, 06:59
In 2002 it seems that several balloons were released with letters attached to them. The 'finders' of these letters were told that the identification number on the letter should be kept absolutely secret, but the rest of the contents could be shared - and should be. We were told that Project Fortune would end on Midsummer's Day 2007, and then announcements would be made in the press, on the internet etc - we are all intrigued to find out what this is all about. Yes, it could be an elaborate hoax, but someone went to a lot of trouble to produce the letters and even protect them in a laminate pouch! It is only now that I have discovered other finders - 4 including myself, so at least I'm not the only one who is completely mad!!

jac1791
27-Jun-07, 12:56
i am in wick == where are the other finders from??

finder
27-Jun-07, 16:30
One in Oxford and I'm in Somerset. I don't know where James A is, and Maddy on Yahoo answers says that her friend has found one too, but I don't know if this is a new person, or someone we already know about.

finder
01-Jul-07, 07:20
Another 'finder' in Kinlochleven - username geep p on Yahoo answers. He thinks it's a wind up!

jac1791
01-Jul-07, 09:10
Sue Tanner -- My e-mail to you will not work - it wont let me send have you a different e-mail address that I could use.

Too much work gone into it if it is a wind up

finder
01-Jul-07, 21:32
Jon T has found one in Gretna - he thinks it's a hoax to generate publicity. What does anyone else think? Even if it is a hoax - WHY?

jay1
05-Jul-07, 20:08
hi, i too am a finder, 'a chosen one' ! i found mine on saddleworth moor (yorkshire) and have kept it in my safe ever since. BBC no use, i have a friend who works in media local to me in leeds but he can't come up with anything either. he reckons its probably a hoax, but it seems to me that too much trouble went into this for it to be a hoax. after finding you all on here it also appears to be too widespread to be a hoax, also a lot of time,effort and thought seems to have gone into this, the congratulations balloons, pretty ribbons and the rather neat laminating.
one thing about it has worked out as it said though, finders are finding other finders, but are we too late??? x

:roll: If Everything Seems To Be Going Well, You Have Obviously
Overlooked Something. :roll:

david.newman23@btinternet
08-Jul-07, 20:51
Hi I am also finder of Project Fortune living in Mid wales but cannot find out any more information, can anybody help?

finder
08-Jul-07, 21:57
Did you also post on yahoo answers? (Otherwise there are 2 finders in Mid Wales, not just 1!). Welcome to the search!!