PDA

View Full Version : the Glebe

jay
21-Jun-07, 13:21
Can someone please tell me where the Glebe car park in wick is actually going to be, I've asked a few Wickers and they have never heard of the Glebe, unless I'm pronouncing it wrongly!

the nomad
21-Jun-07, 14:14
The only Glebe I know is in Thurso.

jay
21-Jun-07, 14:29
that's what everyone says! the pages on the org about the harbourfest and the story in yesterday's courier say there are going to be two temporarycar parks one at Bignold Park and one at the Glebe! as I cannot walk any distance and there is not going to be a park and ride service, I am trying to find out where this other car park is to see which is closer to the harbour

charlie's lass
21-Jun-07, 14:42
Its the field at the riverside that is used for parking when the county show is on.

Elenna
21-Jun-07, 15:31
Do you have a disabled badge, Jay? On the org's Harbourfest info page http://www.caithness.org/wickharbourfest/index.htm it says:

Blue Badge parking for the disabled will be located in the car parks of the Wick Medical Centre and Wick Swimming Pool and marshals will be available to direct cars. A free mini bus shuttle service will operate from the car park to and from the harbour front.

If you have walking problems, I'm sure this would be a lot better than trying to get from Bignold or Riverside.

jay
21-Jun-07, 15:38
thanks for that, however although I have walking problems I am not registered disabled and do not have a blue badge - like many other people

Snailer
21-Jun-07, 17:52
I suggest that if you can get someone to drop you off near the harbour, they can then drive back to one of the temporary car parks.

poppett
21-Jun-07, 18:44
Invite a blue badger for a day out?

jay
22-Jun-07, 13:33
good idea - unfortunately I don't know any! however problem solved - will not bother going to Wick at all - will visit Lybster on the Sunday instead - they're doing a park and ride scheme.

I just think it's a shame that this aspect has not been better catered for, it sounds like it will be a great day in Wick but I'm sure a great many people, will have the same problem with transport or the lack of, especially the elderly. I don't understand why the organisers didn't lay on a bus service they could even have recouped some money that way

Fran
23-Jun-07, 01:21
Im sure if you went to the swimming pool carpark you would be able to use the park and ride service. so many people are disabled but dont have the badge. If I wasnt working at the event i would have taken you and any others by car, as people working at the event can park on the pier before 9.30 and leave their car there for the day.