PDA

View Full Version : Any Body Know What's Happening With Call Centre in Wick?

charlie's lass
20-Jun-07, 10:44
Just wondering if anybody has any updates on Viewpoint Systems Scotland Ltd and the new call centre on the business park in Wick? Have not seen any cars there for a very long time infact place looks deserted. Also interested if anybody knows what would have happened to the £487,900 that was allocated to them in May 2006 by Caithness & Sutherland Enterprise to allow them to create 50 jobs! Thing that interests me is that it was front page news when it was creating these jobs and now it seems to have disappeared along with more tax payers hard earned money and no statement from CASE or Viewpoint Systems Scotland Ltd to update us with what is happening and if this money was paid to them will it be reclaimed by CASE as it rightfully should!

brew
20-Jun-07, 10:49
Is it just me that thinks this or whenever Caithness & Sutherland Enterprise put money into anything, the business closes not long after.???

changilass
20-Jun-07, 11:23
Case has put money into loads of businesses that are still thriving, but bad news sells more papers and are therfore reported more widely.

charlie's lass
20-Jun-07, 11:26
No you are correct! but the ones who disappear are normally the 'incommers' who CASE seem to think are better than the local businesses and lend them greater support to move into the area when locals are struggling to keep business local and keep locals in employment! They keep telling us they (CASE) are not in the risk business!!!?

brew
20-Jun-07, 11:30
Case has put money into loads of businesses that are still thriving, but bad news sells more papers and are therfore reported more widely.

Dont get me wrong, I know that bad news sells. this Norfrost is a good example of this

angela5
20-Jun-07, 11:52
I Don't think anyone who was employed by this company lasted long they seemed to be sacking them very quickly for minor things.

rainbow
20-Jun-07, 18:45
From what I understand Viewpoint had to employ a certain amount of people for a set period of time before they received some of the CASE money. If that is correct at least it was not wasted. Expectations on people were too high, and targets were set too high, and it was a job I would not do - selling loans to people who already black listed so they could not get anymore credit - morally wrong putting people into more debt.
Sorry I don't know if anyone still works there.

Bill Fernie
20-Jun-07, 21:20
Only a relatively small amount of the money that was awarded has been paid as CASE set a condition that the money was only paid connected to the amount of employment. Apparently a number of problems have meant that it has not operated as they had wanted. The money may still be available but will not be paid out unless all conditions are met.

charlie's lass
21-Jun-07, 10:52
Yes that's all very well they only got a small amount of money from CASE and not the whole amount but how are we the public supposed to know this? I still say that it was BIG news on the front of the paper when it was going to be the best thing to happen to Wick but now it seems to have disappeared we the local tax payer hear nothing! Would still be interesting to know what is classed as a SMALL amount that was given to them. Wonder what the alterations to the NEW building on the business park cost to accomodate them?

ginajade
21-Jun-07, 15:18
ererefswqw

DarkAngel
22-Jun-07, 10:59
I knew a few people who worked there and said they left coz it was awful the work in!

Another friend of mine who is still there was home on full pay..whilst it was closed..I dont know why its closed!

Bobinovich
22-Jun-07, 11:20
ererefswqw

I dunno what you're saying but I think I agree :confused