PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr! Rant about Neighbours

Victoria
19-Jun-07, 14:19
We live in a downstairs flat with neighbours above us. WE own a driveway and garage to the side of the flats which they have no right of way over.

I just popped home for lunch quickly as don't live that far away from work and I needed to get some stuff done. Drove down my road to find someone is parked on my drive but see they are delivering a package and that my neighbour is talking to them. I get out of the car and ask politely if the packages is for me. they both say no, turn around and carry on talking ingoring me and the fact that i need to pull onto my driveway.

I get back in car and think .."ok, she'll get the message in the minute and move". I wait...and wait..and wait. Its pretty obvious that I need to pull in and they can both see me waiting. By now i'm getting pretty annoyed seeing as I dont have long to go about my tasks before going back to work.

I get out of the car, walk past them both and say "when you finished let me know so I can put my car on my driveway".

I know I shouldnt have lost it but it wound me up and I didn't shout or anything.

Next thing I know my neighbour (retired, nosey, stompy thing) is hammering on my door yelling at me that I'm a rude, ignorant, young bleeep bleeeeppp!

I didn't shout back I just said "Thanks for letting me know" and calmly shut the door. Now back at work and I'm furious!!!!!!!!

stratman
19-Jun-07, 14:44
Sounds like you did the right thing Victoria. Not the easy option. People eh!

buggyracer
19-Jun-07, 14:50
i think you were pretty reserved.

helenwyler
19-Jun-07, 15:18
I think your neighbour is a "rude, ignorant, OLD bleep bleeep!"[evil]
Hope you're feeling better now Victoria.

Victoria
19-Jun-07, 16:36
Hahah thanks - yes i do. nothing like venting off on the org to calm you down.

The fact of the matter is our flat was empty for quite a few years before we bought it so I'm sure she does things because she dosen't like us being there.

She stomps around really loudly upstairs even though we have concrete floors and ceilings and her husband never makes any noise. She comes down stairs to go to the bin (which is convenienty opposite some of our windows) about 50 times a day!!!! She also spies on us all the time and makes no attemt to hide it!!

brew
19-Jun-07, 18:20
She also spies on us all the time and makes no attempt to hide it!!

Think that my girlfriend and myself can sympathized with you. One of our lovely neighbours back windows is at a right angle to our back garden. She is always making comments to my girlfriend about things, Always stupid things. like she had washed the dogs soft toys cause they were dirty. The dog is a ten week old puppy and doesn't know better. so the toys are getting thrown about and landing in pee and gutters. Put them on the line to dry ( nothing wrong with that.) the next day our neighbour made a point of stopping my parter and saying " why are they on the line, was it not stupid! whats wrong with a baby wipe"

!!!!!!

I know that it is just something stupid and little. but we have seen her looking out her upstairs back bedroom window at all hours. watching us. just like the mother in the movie Psycho.

Victoria
19-Jun-07, 22:01
. but we have seen her looking out her upstairs back bedroom window at all hours. watching us. just like the mother in the movie Psycho.

OMG thats what she does i go and hand the washing out on the line and i 'feel' the eyes boreing into me so I turn round and she's there just standing and staring - she doesnt even try and cover it up with a wave.

I said to my boyfriend, if I catch her again then i'll flash at her! hahah!

lin
19-Jun-07, 22:51
Dont get me started on neighbours!!! Saturday night, I have my one year old Grandaughter, my daughter and her husband staying with me. 11.30 next door nieghbours arguing ok no problems ignore them. 12.00 music blaring ok they have made up. I will give it to 1.00am (being the considerate neighbour that I am) 1.30, go and knock at the door, ask her politely to turn the music down as I have my Grandaugher staying. I drunken "aye". Music get louder. 2.30 I go through and tell her in no uncertain terms to turn the music off!!! A Man came to the door and apologised and promised the music would be turned off. 4.30 am I am pulling my hair out!! Get my husband (who is now awake along with the rest of the house)to go and speak to them. He said if you dont turn the music of now I will come in and pull the b***** stereo out of the wall. 4.35 peace!!
My neighbour is not a young teenager but a "lady" in her late 50's. She has avoided me since Saturday.

horseman
19-Jun-07, 22:54
Victoria, I absolutely adore your style...I would probably have gotten up on my hind legs an' given the old bat an absolute blast..Obviously no good to anyone,so good for you.;)

EDDIE
19-Jun-07, 23:06
Well victoria if i was you the next time someone uses your drive i would block them in with your car and wait for them to make the first move that kind of behavour wer people park in your private spaces happens all the time in aberdeen there is lot of arragont people going about

Victoria
19-Jun-07, 23:21
I really didnt mind her pulling into my drive to drop off a parcle as I wouldn't normally have been there but it was the fact that she could see that I was waiting and just ignored me a carried on chatting.

I'm annoyed at my neighbour as she didnt even say to the woman oh, can you just move your car for a second or pull over to the side.

Grrrr!!! When she was shouting at my door she tried to make out that she had access over my driveway which I have looked up this evening and she is totally wrong.

Its a great shame beacuse when you live in such close proximity to someone its nice to get along and her husband (who is a semi retired police man!) is such a lovely man. I feel sorry for him!!!!

WeeBurd
19-Jun-07, 23:27
Hmmmm, I would even go so far as saying that it's worse to be haunted by the living than the dead... :eek:. Talking from experience! [lol]

Victoria
19-Jun-07, 23:32
Hmmmm, I would even go so far as saying that it's worse to be haunted by the living than the dead... :eek:. Talking from experience! [lol]

It certainly feels like it sometimes!

My boyfriend gets really angry with her and finds it ard to control his finger gestures when he sees her but i'm trying to convince him that its better to smile and say things like 'I dont wish to speak to you whilst your attitude is abusive and childish' or to just ignore her because it winds her up even more!!!

(hehehe I really am eViL!!)

brew
20-Jun-07, 11:09
It certainly feels like it sometimes!

My boyfriend gets really angry with her and finds it ard to control his finger gestures when he sees her but i'm trying to convince him that its better to smile and say things like 'I dont wish to speak to you whilst your attitude is abusive and childish' or to just ignore her because it winds her up even more!!!

(hehehe I really am eViL!!)

Hehe, It sounds like you live next to Hyacinth Bucket form Keeping Up Appearances.

sassylass
20-Jun-07, 15:37
ah Victoria, you handled the situation well, good on you!

Murdina Bug
20-Jun-07, 18:55
Victoria,

Do you think that maybe your neighbour thinks that she really does have access to this area or that it is shared in some way? If you could bear to talk to her (with her husband present) you could point out that it does in fact belong to you! Def. keep your cool though - it does make her seem the unreasonable one!

If that fails - fence it off from her getting access!!:lol:

brew
20-Jun-07, 18:59
Put a gate on the driveway and lock it when your out with the car

Lolabelle
21-Jun-07, 07:48
I really didnt mind her pulling into my drive to drop off a parcle as I wouldn't normally have been there but it was the fact that she could see that I was waiting and just ignored me a carried on chatting.

I'm annoyed at my neighbour as she didnt even say to the woman oh, can you just move your car for a second or pull over to the side.

Grrrr!!! When she was shouting at my door she tried to make out that she had access over my driveway which I have looked up this evening and she is totally wrong.

Its a great shame beacuse when you live in such close proximity to someone its nice to get along and her husband (who is a semi retired police man!) is such a lovely man. I feel sorry for him!!!!

It might be worth while letting them know that the driveway belongs to you, and you don't appreciate her rudeness over the matter. As her husband is so lovely, I would make sure he is around when you speak to her about it, so she can't then twist what you have said.
And well done, you kept your cool in very trying circumstances. I would have blocked the other car in though and gone inside. Then they would have had to ask you to move so that they could... he hee. Who was it you said was the evil one? Well maybe not evil, just a bit of a stirrer. :lol: